A Teacher for Laynie: Mystery at the Academy (Part 2)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That's good. I wonder if there's a pattern or if they were just at the wrong place at the wrong time? Do we think Cherise would have had any reason to take those staff members in particular?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Looks like you haven't posted the suggestion yet, so I'll have Truman do it)

"Well, can we at least collect some basic information on everyone abducted so far? I can handle the students if you can do the staff, Vanitri?"

*Vanitri and Truman manage to assemble the following list:*

Victims, in Chronological Order:

Gaark Bruskran, 15-year-old male half-orc student of House Daryne
Lara Espree, 23-year-old female half-elf student of House Omega
Anvar Stormhammer, 44-year-old male dwarf student of House Mordrue
Sican Goodbarrel, 52-year-old male halfling janitor
Baalsh One-Eye, 28-year-old male half-orc groundskeeper
Nalki Vriialia, 150-year-old female elf gardener
Vaaran Clanless, 35-year-old male hobgoblin night watchman
Brormar Anvilforge, 152-year-old male dwarf janitor

Suspects:

Cherise Malbin, 24-year-old female half-elf student of House Mordrue

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, no one from Sice, and no one human. That's something to go on at least," Vanitri says, pouring over the data.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That's true," Elektra ponders, "But does that connect to Cherise in any way?"

"There are also no gnomes," Truman points out.

"Yes, but that could be a statistical anomaly."

Bront

The man with the probe
"If the Sice part is not an anomaly, then the gnome probably are. I don't know how Sice and Gnomes are connected otherwise. Also of note, the 2 women have elven blood, while none of the men do. Not nessesarily significant, but it is something else to note."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That's a possibility. Cherise is also elven-blooded. However, there are only three dead students, so by necessity, one house would need to be left out. This indicates that the Sice part may well be a statistical anomaly as well."

"That's true. So could that mean the gnome is important?"

"I doubt it. Most of the students and staff here are humans, and yet we have no human victims. That simply has to be significant, don't you think Vanitri?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri nods, "Indeed, which could be why Sice has been out of it, since there are few non-humans in Sice. Indeed, I'd think it's someone with strong ties to Medibaria."

"Of course, knowing this, what do we make of the data? Other than it's likely eliminated our only suspect."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, I don't know. I can narrow down my research, though, since before there were too many possibilities to gain anything useful. Hmm...if it actually does have something to do with House Sice, which I wouldn't rule out, it's actually a shame you didn't take them up on their offer if only because we could have someone on the inside. Of course, I'm glad you're staying with us, but if our discovery of a small secret library in House Daryne is any indication, then the older and wealthier House Sice must have an even more impressive secret library, somewhere."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We found it last year. Well, actually, Alden found it by accident."

"Yes, it doesn't really have anything useful in it for the current situation, I checked. I'm sure we're not supposed to know about it, so we haven't let on that we know where it is."

Remove ads