A Technical Look at D&D Insider Applications

IanArgent

First Post
Alan Shutko said:
What browser do you use? With Mobile IE, I can't log into D&D Insider, though I can read the non-protected content.

Pocket IE. Let me doublecheck, since my personal device is a somewhat elderly 2003se device, while my work device is a WM2005 unit.

The 2005 device, all I had to do was scroll to the bottom and log in (I'm using One-column). Just pulled up the Ironfang keep article ; quite readable

The 2003se device takes a while to load - 1xRTT and all that (yay for a2x dialup connection). Timed out before fully loading and left me with a no javascript error. I know I had this before, but I thought I had been able to get in at least once. I may have done so by logging in at Gleemax first, since I think I was checking a forum post.

Mercule

Adventurer
IanArgent said:
Pocket IE. Let me doublecheck, since my personal device is a somewhat elderly 2003se device, while my work device is a WM2005 unit.

The 2005 device, all I had to do was scroll to the bottom and log in (I'm using One-column). Just pulled up the Ironfang keep article ; quite readable.

Great news. I'm almost certainly getting a PPC phone when I get a chance to re-up in December, so it's good to know that I'll be able to access what will probably be a favored site with it.

Angellis_ater

First Post
Oh the irony looking back at this thread. Nominal fee being "a cup of coffee" - now we can find PDFs for the nominal price of 25 dollars. Damn, your coffees are a bang more expensive in the US than over here in Europe...

But then, promises promises - not exactly WotC's forte these days.

Alvoros

First Post
Oh the irony looking back at this thread. Nominal fee being "a cup of coffee" - now we can find PDFs for the nominal price of 25 dollars. Damn, your coffees are a bang more expensive in the US than over here in Europe...

I believe you are confusing the sales methods here though.....(or just trying to be silly/funny).

1) This thread and D&DInsider is about purchasing ADD-ON electronic rights to people that have ALREADY purchased the books and have the electronic subscription. This has nothing to do with the electronic versions of the books for sale now at DriveThruRPG etc.

2) You can now purchase the PDF versions of the books (and modules etc.) now INSTEAD of purchasing the hard copy book. Yes, the prices are the same (except you don't have to waste gas/pollute/drive to purchase the book, kill trees for paper etc.).

I had purchased H1 KoTS on paper, but I purchased H2 electronically. Why? I can easily read the module electronically and print the odd page here and there I need to supply player info....it is actually EASIER for me, as I can "snip" the pictures easily from the PDF version, and print them out to supply players maps, pictures etc. I can have copies of the modules on my work computer, home computer etc. so I can brush up on the module whereever I am without carrying a paper copy around...I can even read it on my Blackberry if I get desperate.

I love the OPTION of purchasing accessories in PDF instead of on paper...even at full cost. Makes perfect sense to me for SOME of the products....but not all. But at least I get the option.

Alvo

Spatula

Explorer

The nominal fee was for buying an electionic version of a book that you already physically owned, and that whole scheme has been scrapped in favor of the online rules database.

DLichen

First Post
As a moocher of my game group who has never paid for a book in full, I would love if each physical book came with a number of redeemable virtual copies instead of just one.

I guess it's economically unwise to let me chip in for a book and get a whole legit pdf to myself, but hey, I can dream. :)

Remove ads