A Thought on Kylo Ren

Some say, that he perpetrated the original school shooting, and that his eyebrows are actually chaotic evil caterpillars.

All we know it, he's called Kylo Ren.

------

Watch Out!
(Subtitled: Kylo Ren’s Starfighter)

He’s Kylo Ren!
He’s PS ten
Yet he can’t find
The rebel den.

Bad Kylo Ren!
He turns and then
Goes flying past
O’er hill and fen.

O Kylo Ren!
With Force’s ken
He turns to look
Down in the glen.

It’s Kylo Ren!
Now this is when
Rey learns to use
Her wizard’s zen.

Poor Kylo Ren!
Caught in a pen
And vaporized
By X-wing men.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Anybody planning to create "Star Wars: The Next Generation" KNOWS that you cannot 'top' Darth Vader. He is too awe-inspiring a villian.

However a character trying to 'step into Vader's shoes' ALSO knows what kind of a cliff he's trying to climb. And for a VERY long time, he's going to look / feel like a two-bit wannabee.

I think Kylo Ren should wake up from repeating nightmares where HE faces Vader in Cloud City, overpowered and forced to retreat, always hearing that voice taunting him, "But you are NOT a Sith Lord ... yet ..."

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Spare the rod, spoil the child.

Attachments

• strom.jpg
    strom.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 357
  • storm.jpg
    storm.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:

That's different from Darth Vader? Anakin did exactly the same thing in Episode III.
If making your name known in a final, brutal act is a goal for mass murderers, then not using their name - particular when comparing them to fictional characters from a space fantasy tale - might be a good idea. It doesn't matter for them, but it might matter for people that are contempating similar actions.

And I think he doesn't fit the bill. He has no death wish, as far as we know. And he is part of a larger, military organization that is trying to force its iwll on others, not an isolated entity. So yes, he might be a mass murderer, but he is not the same type as one of those running amok. His motivations and goals are likely different, as is the environment he operates in.

This is also true for Anakin Skywalker.
And while both are mass murderers, Anakin also seems different.

Which isn't to say anyone of them are defensible or just misguided fools.

delericho

Legend
And I think he doesn't fit the bill....

This is also true for Anakin Skywalker...

I agree with you. But please note the context of my post: I was replying to the original poster, who had asserted that "Kylo Ren is not Darth Vader...", comparing him instead with school shooters (amongst others), because "I can't get past the fact Kylo destroyed his school and killed the students."

In which case, the fact that Anakin did the same thing as Kylo Ren is probably noteworthy. :)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
They are all mass murderers.Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold perpetrated the Columbine Massacre, for example. I can't get past the fact Kylo destroyed his school and killed the students.

So what if he did. It's a movie, not reality, and any resemblance to reality should be ignored. Movies would pretty much have to end altogether if they had to avoid subjects that were touchy in the real world. I like going to movies.

Ryujin

Legend
Psychologically, Kylo Ren strikes me as a petulant three year old child who obtained the power to wish people to death and, as a result, never grew up past the point of throwing violent temper tantrums. He's the far more outwardly violent kin of the kid from the "Twilight Zone" episode "It's a good life" (played by Bill Mumy of "Lost in Space" and "Babylon 5"), who when presented with a person or thing he didn't like would "wish it into the cornfield."

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Psychologically, Kylo Ren strikes me as a petulant three year old child who obtained the power to wish people to death and, as a result, never grew up past the point of throwing violent temper tantrums.

Well, petulant teenager, anyway. This is the problem with the Dark Side - it calls on users to *harness* anger, fear, jealousy, and pain. They have to be filled with it.

Remove ads