• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Tragedy of Steam - Thursday 4:00 PM

My Saturday comedy game is going to be cancelled, so I'd be up for trying to run this one twice, in any slot that we're all free. I'd also kinda like to game with John Crichton at some point. Maybe send me an email (ryanznock@gmail.com) if you think it's worth the effort to try to wrangle a time.

The_Universe

First Post
RangerWickett said:
My Saturday comedy game is going to be cancelled, so I'd be up for trying to run this one twice, in any slot that we're all free. I'd also kinda like to game with John Crichton at some point. Maybe send me an email (ryanznock@gmail.com) if you think it's worth the effort to try to wrangle a time.
We're really open on Thursday afternoon; Saturday, however, is booked almost solid. Damn!

John Crichton

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Yeah, we are in one game but I'd like to get in another as well. My only really free day at the moment is Friday, sorta and Sunday. Hmmm, maybe I'll try and run somethinglike Serenity or a Supers game. Been about 3 years since I've run anything....

*thinks hard*

First off, is everyone still free to make it?

Second, if you are picky, call dibs on one of the characters below. Gender can be swapped if you’re interested in a character but uncomfortable playing the opposite sex. I’m cool either way.

Also, each of the characters hails from a different nation, and most of those nations are loosely styled after real European nations, in case you’re looking for inspiration in roleplaying and accents.

Elfaivar – Elf nation, Germany.
Ber – Orc nation, Spain (or Mexico).
Crisillyir – Human and gnome nation, Italy.
Danor – Human nation, France.
Drakr – Dwarf nation, Russian.
Risur – Human nation, England.

Characters
  • Captain Ariel Capilla. Half-Orc Cleric (Luck, Travel) 20. A famous explorer from the orcish nation of Ber, Captain Capilla was recruited by the wartorn nation of Risur to steal an experimental airship from a factory in the rival nation of Danor. But instead of turning over the airship, she destroyed the facility and killed the Obscurati who staffed it. Fearing that the Obscurati were behind the war that was slowly destroying both nations, Captain Capilla named her ship the Águila Caída, assembled a crew, and set out to bring down the society of shadows.
  • Kvarti Gorbatiy. Dwarf Fighter 20. From the dwarven nation of Drakr, Kvarti left a career as a military sniper to become chief bodyguard of a cruel politician funded by the Obscurati.
  • Doctor Wolfgang Von Recklinghausen. Human Rogue 1/Wizard 18/Assassin 1. A brilliant surgeon from Risur, Dr. Von Recklinghausen corrupted divine healing in order to create new life from the stitched-together remains of the dead. Meant to be the masterpiece that would earn him admission to the Obscurati, this Creature destroyed the doctor’s life and his family, and left Von Recklinghausen himself at the edge of sanity.
  • The Hunched Golem. Warforged Rogue 19/Barbarian 1. Bitter against the whole world, the Hunched Golem was once a loyal servant of the famous Danor artificer who created him. When his creator was killed, the Hunched Golem’s last order was to take revenge of the man’s murderers.
  • Asrabey Varal. Elf Monk of the Invisible Eye 1/Paladin of Freedom 2/Metamagic Battle Sorcerer 7/Eldritch Knight 10. A scion of the elven nation of Elfaivar, Asrabey was devoted to protecting the crippled land’s borders, but Asrabey’s sister is a captive of the Obscurati, and for elves, ties of family are stronger than ties of homeland.
  • Tinker Oddcog. Insane Gnome in a Mecha Suit. It was supposed to be a masterpiece, every piece so small, so very small. But the masterpiece, it was too big, too big to control, and the whispers told Tinker he was no longer safe. He needed to hide. He needed to be smaller, smaller so they would not see him.

Also, it’s not important because the entire game takes place in one city, but here’s a map of the nations from back when I briefly used this setting in my game. Ignore the links; they’re all dead.

Last edited:

Seanaci

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Apologies to Bolen. We started without you, and things were, admittedly, a little weird.

Twentieth level games are hard to run.

A little weird? :p

It was mucho fun. Thanks for running it1 ^_^

Remove ads