A Warlock Alone, Island Empire solo game

J. Alexander

First Post
Storm and Company

Current Hit Points; Grond 28, Michael 28Grond attacks one of the crew at the stairs using dissolving weapon (paych power)Grondrolls 1d20 +8 + 1, getting [16,8,1] = (25) and doing 3d6 +5, getting [1,2,3,5] = (11) plus acid damage of 4d6, getting [3,4,3,3] = (13) for a total of 24 points of damage. THIS IS A FRIGGING WICKED ABILITY, DISSOLVING WEAPON.

Michael will target one of the guys throwing a belaying pin 1d20 + 9 + 1, getting
[15,9,1] = (25) and donig 3d6 +1, getting [2,1,5,1] = (9) in damage. I hope this drops an average sailor....

As Grond drops smacks his opponet he will let out a growl/yell

Michael will then raise his voice and say "BURN THE SHIP IF THEY DO NOT SURRENDER NOW'

Michael Stormrolls 1d20 +9, getting [10,9] = (19) for diplomacy roll again...

I am hoping that both of our attackes drop and the site of one being dissolved by acid and the other getting roasted will break their moral.....we shall see....but it is worth trying i think

Scotley

Hero
Battle for the smuggler

Michael's plan seems to be working. One halfling drops his belaying pin and others slow or stop. Just then a huge four armed shark man weilding two crossbows steps up onto the deck from below. He snatches up the halfling that dropped his weapon and with two of his powerful arms nearly rips him in half. He throws the remains over the side and shouts to the others in a raspy voice, "You'll fight for this tub or you'll be shark food, you choose." He fires the two crossbows, one at Grond and one at Michael. The bolts (1d20+8=19, 1d20+8=24) fly true striking both targets and wounding (1d10=5, 1d10=3) each. The sailors take up their weapons and charge the stairs once more obviously intmidated into action.

J. Alexander

First Post
Storm and Company

Current Hit Points = Grond 23, Micael 25..As I understand the tactical situation, one crew is at the ladder to the quarterdeck facing Grond and the I have 2 in the rigging, and the Sharkman with one other crew on the deck.
The rest are coming onto the deck in small numbers. Please correct me if this is wrong.

Grond will continue his defense of the quarterdeck ladder Grondrolls 1d20 +8 + 1, getting
[16,8,1] = (25) and ge tting [3,1,1,5] = (10) plus 4d6, getting [4,4,2,4] = (14)
for a total of 24 points of damage. Once again he will let out a growl/yell.

Michael will engage the shark man with an eldritch blast..Michael Stormrolls 1d20 + 9 + 1
, getting [11,9,1] = (21) and doing 3d6 + 1, getting [3,6,1,1] = (11) of damage to the shark man if he hits.

AS Michael throws his magical blast, he will cackle in as evil voice as he can..."See mates, I offer you a chance at life, shark boy only offers you death. If death is your choice then come meet it"

I guess this last would be an intimidation attempt so here is my roll,,, lets hope for good luck...

Michael Storm rolls 1d20 + 7, getting [2,7] = (9)

So much for that attempt lol looks like we will just have to hack and slash until the body count gives us an edge.

Any idea of how many we are facing?

Scotley

Hero
Undaunted by the attackers Grond slays another crewman at the stairs. He roars his definence at the attackers. (OOC: Grond should get a +1 to his attacks for defending the higher ground in melee.) Michael manages to hit the Sahuagin with a Eldritch Blast, but the creature comes on undetered. A couple more sailors follow the Sahaugin on deck.

OOC: You figure 2 in the rigging and 4 plus the Sahuagin on the maindeck. It seems unlikely that there are many more crew on a ship of this size, but they could have extras since they are a raider. It would be unusual tactics not to leave at least some crew below deck to defend key areas.

OOC: I'll have their attacks up soon I hope.

J. Alexander

First Post
Storm and Company

OCC: Sorry about that, I was under the impression they also get a +1 to hit for being on higher ground....

If I am not mistaken, Grond has dispatched the two that were at the ladder, and I am standing at the quarterdeck rail looking at the entire maindeck...I am assuming they are going to have to close with us thus allowing Grond 1 round of missle before he has to actively defend the ladder to the quarterdeck. If this is the case, he will throw a javelin if he cant get to a javelin, he will do something dramtic..He will thro that big ass axe at the Sharkman, Grondrolls 1d20 + 8, getting [15,8] = (23) but you might want to give him a minuse or something because of its size and it not being a throwing weapon....If he hits he does..Grondrolls 3d6 + 5
, getting [5,1,5,5] = (16) andGrondrolls 4d6, getting [4,2,3,5] = (14) for a total of 30 points of damage...regardless that uses up his power points for the day so he want be able to use it again.

Seeing how that worked out lol I do hope he uses the Great AXE...He will once again let our a growl..."Which fool is next to die"

Michael will attempt to follow up this display by hitting the Sharkman with another Eldritch Blast..Michael Stormrolls 1d20 + 9, getting [14,9] = (23) and doingMichael Stormrolls 3d6 + 1, getting [6,5,2,1] = (14) worth of damage....

That makes 44 points of combined damage to Shark Boy, so I dont think he is feeling all to well..

With these assumed hits, Michael will say. "This is your final warning...surrender or I will put everyone on this ship to death."

Michael Stormrolls 1d20+ 7, getting [9,7] = (16)

Seems like Michael cant intimdate a m ouse :(

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Perhaps I was unclear. Grond gets a +1 to hit for the higher ground. The bad guys in the rigging do get a +1 to hit each of you. If Michael attacks creatures on the maindeck rather than in the rigging then he too gets the +1.

Okay, I'm going to let Grond get away with the axe throw and say that it took a round for the sailors on deck to get to him, but they could likely get there with a charge. They just weren't quite motivated enough to run at him. :)

Two sling bullets come your way and one hits Michael in the calf (for 4 points of damage) and nearly causes him to fall to one knee with the pain. The big Sahuagin has repeating crossbows, so using his extra arms he reloads and fires both while advancing another 5'. One of the bolts hits Grond in the arm (for 7 points of damage).

Your latest attacks put you a round ahead so here is another round of attacks from the crew. Two sailors attack Grond with Belaying pins, but neither is able to get a hit. The halflings in the rigging fire slings again, but only one hits Michael for 2 points. The Sahuagin fires his two bows again and this time he gets a hit on Michael taking him hard in the shoulder (crit for 8 points of damage. You are one luckey s.o.b. that was 3d10!!!! These electronic dice rollers are starting to turn on me now.)

OOC: Actions for the next round?

J. Alexander

First Post
Storm and Company

Current Hit Points Grond 16 Michael 18 due to damage reduction cold iron, that i have been forgetting to add in...

Alas best to be safe than sorry, Grond will stop and drink a potion of cure moderate wounds..
Grondrolls 2d8 + 1, getting [5,1,1] = (7) for a new hit point total of 23
After finishing the potion Grond will look at the two facing him and says "Which one of you wants to be the next to die ?"

Michael will throw and eldritch blast at the beastie
Michael Stormrolls 1d20 + 10, getting [9,10] = (19) getting 3d6 + 1, getting [6,1,2,1] = (10) points of damage....that brings us to a grand total of 56 points of damage in the last two rounds..is shark boy still alive ?
OCC - I knew Michael needed muscle backup lol but hell, I am having as much fun playing Grond as i am Michael lol and i daresay even the DM would be leary about climbing a ladder with this giant waiting for him :)

Scotley

Hero
The sailors on the ladder attack Grond again, but cannot find their mark even when he left himself open by drinking a potion (draws attacks of opportunity ya know). The Sahuagin now, close enough, runs and jumps up to the quarter deck using his four powerful arms to pull himself up in front of Michael. With a gutteral rumble deep in his throat he comes forward talons extended intent on attacking the Warlock. His fierce gaze is enough to make the Warlock's blood run cold.

OOC: Yeah, Grond does seem like fun. I had a Half-giant rogue/psychic warrior who used a massive Glaive that was great fun in a game that unfortunately fell victom to the Disappearing DM. Did I mention that this particular Sahuagin was the overall tribal leader and most powerful of the group that your former comrads just finished off? :lol:

J. Alexander

First Post
Storm and Company.

Grond will move 5' and attack shark boy with his long sword. This will leave the ladder way open but this critter is the biggest threat to us damage wise i belive so we gotta take him down quick.

Grondrolls 1d20 + 9, getting [18,9] = (27) for 2d8 + 5, getting [5,8,5] = (18) points of damage.

Michael will attack with the eldritch blastgetting 1d20 + 10, getting [15,10] = (25) for
3d6 + 1, getting [5,1,2,1] = (9) for a grand total of 27 points of combined damage....(a dam good round for us)

As fish boy is climbing up to Michael does he not also leave himself open for an attack of opportunity? I mean he has to climb/vault etc over the railing.

J. Alexander

First Post
Storm and Company

When Michael strikes the fish man he will say ( Back into the sea to feed your own sharks)

OCC Tribal Leader you say...hmmmm might mean lots of loot etc :) but first we gotta kill him and I dont think that is gonna be an easy task to do

Remove ads