• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Warlock Alone, Island Empire solo game

J. Alexander

First Post
To the Party

Trying not to gawk to much and really trying to avoid the "Country boy in the big city" persona, Michael will walk down the stairs and begin to casually stroll around the party grounds. After getting his bearing and perhaps engaging in a lite conversation, MIchael will proceed to the carriages. Can Michale see any one smoking or a designated smoking area ?

Scotley

Hero
The Masque

Michael makes his way around the Masque getting a few apraising looks. He finds a group of mostly men smoking, drinking and swapping stories to the right of the dance floor. Currently there is no dancing. The atmosphere suggests that things are just getting started despite Michael's late arrival.

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael - The Maks

Michael will make his way towards the group of gentlemen smoking. Removing on the the Super Premiume cigars reserved only for high nobility, he will casually pat himself as if looking for a lighter and finding none will say "Could anyone perhaps spare a match?"

Scotley

Hero
The Masque

An older gentleman dressed in a jester's motley who was just lighting up as you approached extents a lit tendertwig. "He blows out the match and then sniffs. Hey that's some cigar you have there. Tregeren?"

J. Alexander

First Post
The Masque

""Yes inded it is sir, indeed it is." Michael will extend his cigar case which now has two remaing ultra supremes and three lizard long tails to the gentleman. "Would you care to try one?"

Scotley

Hero
The Masque

"Why yes I would." He takes out a clipper and carefully snips the burning end from the cigar he just lit. Michael doesn't recognize it, but can tell it is of fine quality. He tucks it away and examines the contents of your case holding a monocle in front of his left eye. "Ah yes, the Longtails aren't bad, but this is something altogether different." He reaches for an ultra supreme. He passes it under his nose inhaling deeply. "Ahhhh, very nice. This years crop?" He carefully snips and then lights up. The activity has attracted a few other fellows, but no one has been so rude to as to intrude.

J. Alexander

First Post
The Mask

"Yes i belive it is" Michael will say, then kinda smiling sheephisly he will say "I will have to confess sir that as i am new to this particualy nice vice, I have much to learn in the ways of cigars. I have been told that they will only get better with age, so i can only imagine what the boxes i have set aside to age will be like in a few years time."

Scotley

Hero
The Masque

The man's eyes practically dance at the mention of 'several boxes.' "When you take on a vice you don't fool around do you?" He takes a good puff on the cigar. "Some say that such things do get better with age, but I think you can often take the measure of an older man by seeing his youth. And so it is with cigars. If I am any judge at all this will age to become sweeter and more mellow. However, they could become dry bitter if left too long or not stored properly. Humidity is the key. Too much drying and they will turn to dust." He puffs again, and sighs out the smoke with a satisfied grin. "I don't suppose I could interest you in parting with a few of these? Maybe a trade? I could perhaps make up a nice mixed box from around the empire, old and new, to educate you in your new vice?"

J. Alexander

First Post
The Mask

Michael will almost break out laughing, but at himself rather than the gentleman in question "Sir, I would be most honored with the added conditon that you furnish me with the name of a reputable humidor maker. I have no wish to see these beauties wasted. and if they would give you pleasure i would be happy to trade and at the samtime become more educated in tobacco in nature.Truthfully, I am only lucked into these as the person i was buying them for regned on our agreement and out of frustration I began to sample the goods so to speak in order to relive that frustration. O' happy day that was for sure...I find them most calming and have yet to be put in a better mood while partaking" MIchael will say this in a lite hearted wistfully mood.

OCC: I guess they need somone to piss them off to keep them motivated :)

Scotley

Hero
The Masque

"You are a lucky fellow, but alas starting with such fine cigars may make it difficult to apprieciate the lessor members of the breed." He taps his chin with a finger. "A humidor maker...There is a dwarf in Bronhelm on Mason street, Kerrigan is his name. He does fine work. He also does wine cellars. Very solid old fellow. Slow and a bit pricy, but I challenge you to find a better man for the job. Did a marvelous cabinet on my yacht last year." He puffs contintedly clearly enjoying the cigar. "Come by my boat, the 'Donna e Ciesa' tomorrow around six with a box of these and I'll swap you for two mixed boxes from my stocks. I've got a brandy that would set these off nicely and we can enjoy one together over sunset. I do enjoy ending the work day with a good smoke and a little brandy."

Remove ads