A Warping of the Blood

Rystil Arden

First Post
Vayj Rubyflame, Spryte Magister

*Hmm...I know I shouldn't read a tome by its cover, but this town's walls seem a fitting metaphor. Half stone...and half wood. Just like this town seems divided, a place in flux between the old and the new. The guards seem to be encouraging immigration while the tradesmen are trying to scare the newcomers away. But craftsmen are always worried about newcomers who are not guild members and may work for cheaper and drive the prices down, while guards, attached to the municipal government, have a vested interest in the expansion of the city as a whole. The red and the brown, the stone and the wood, the new and the old. This place is in constant flux...Hmm that's it!*

"Praise be to Riysaelia, goddess of the flux and flow of change."

hero4hire

Explorer
Leondegrance-Human

Rystil Arden said:
"Praise be to Riysaelia, goddess of the flux and flow of change."

"Quite well said!" *bows slightly* "As you may have overheard, my name is Leondegrance, a pleasure to make the aquaintence of such esteemed individuals. Anyone in the mood for a refreshment? I have several layers of road dust in my throat that needs to be washed away by a mead or two."

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Vayj Rubyflame, Thirsty Spryte Magister of Bliaryol

"That would be most satisfactory good sir! I skipped breakfast today, so I could use a lot of fruit juice for an early lunch, may Bliaryol smile upon us all. Oh, and just in case, would you know of the esteemed Ra-Pharod of which I was asking?"

hero4hire

Explorer
Leondegrance-Human

Rystil Arden said:
"That would be most satisfactory good sir! I skipped breakfast today, so I could use a lot of fruit juice for an early lunch, may Bliaryol smile upon us all. Oh, and just in case, would you know of the esteemed Ra-Pharod of which I was asking?"

"Wonderful, any other takers?" *looks to rest of group.*

OOC Delve into Collective Memory +8 for information regarding "esteemed Ra-Pharod "

Last edited:

Jolmo

First Post
Ke'ch'rhal - Dracha

*Ke'ch'rhal considers Leondegrance's invitation for a moment before replying.*

"Some rest and drink would aid, yes. I will go with you for it."

ender_wiggin

First Post
The giant-in-rags seemed fairly depressed, contrasting with the faen on his shoulder. He muttered something about stewards in response to Vasj's inquiry, and relunctantly took his maul back from the guard, following behind the others into the town.

RillianPA

First Post
Lord Balthazar D’still y Aybara de Silva - Spryte

*Quietly into the ear of his giant friend*

"Come on Raff. Maybe these are the kind of people we are looking for. At least we can have breakfast with them?"

*Assuming no overwhelming negative response...*

"Certainly good sir, we will come along, glad for the company as we wash the dust of travel from our throats."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
hero4hire said:
Leondegrance-Human"Wonderful, any other takers?" *looks to rest of group.*

OOC Delve into Collective Memory +8 for information regarding "esteemed Ra-Pharod "
Leondegrance: [sblock]Soaring through the halls of memory, you recall a greenbond, a giant of humble aspect, who carries a maul. Rich in spirit, and a great healer, he seems rather similar to the giant you just came in with...[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Scinathar, mojh 3/winter witch 2

The images Deepstorm had graced the Mojh with flashed across his subconscious again, a gathering darkness, a city in peril, a name Jerad. Most of the images were to distorted or without context to be read with any certainty.

As Scinathar stood outside the wood and stone walls of the city of Jerad, it couldn't help but feel that it would soon find out more about the images Deepstorm had shared. The mojh looked up at the shining sun, blinking at the brilliance and wondering about darkness.

Turning it's attention back to the gate and the motley crew that had assembled before the guards, Scinathar watched as the others each approached the non-mojh guards. The tiny non-mojh flitted around the large one, both talking entirely too fast and a little too haughty for the mojh's taste. Inwardly Scinathar sneered at the human non-mojh and guards, no matter who many times the mojh had met humans they were always too suspicious and devious.

The last member of the ragtag assembly was by far the most interesting ~ a dracha. Scinathar had not met one yet, though it had heard of them and the return of the mythic dragons. The mojh was not sure what to make of the return, for it had long sought the power of the dragons believing that Deepstorm had something to do with these legendary creatures. But these dracha were another matter entirely, the mojh were the true scions of dragonkind, yet these dracha had come with the dragons as their ambassadors. Scinathar would have to watch this one to find out why the dragons would pick such brutish minions when the mojh would have served.

After everyone had entered the town, Scinathar strod up to the guards, it's cloak drawn up high and it's tail held tightly beneath. It hissed as it approached and said in a slightly mocking tone, "My name is Scinathar, non-mojh, and I carry but few weapons. I come as a traveller, seeking answers." The mojh opens it's bag and detaches the crossbow and other weapons for the guard's inspection. It watched the guards carefully, not trusting them to return everything to its proper place.

ender_wiggin

First Post
"Aye, aye," says the giant softly, to his friend.

"I will join you in the drink," he says to the others, "And perhaps I know a few things about this Ra-Pharod you've been looking so long for."

Remove ads