• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Warping of the Blood

Rystil Arden

First Post
Vayj Rubyflame, Spryte Magister

*Still looking off at an angle at the wall, Vayj ponders aloud*

"Do we get to take the glass with us? Is there a discount based on the fact that we Sprytes only eat about 10% as much as the big folk? Otherwise, an all-you-can-drink deal that costs as much as I would drink in several years is still quite a rip-off, and Falfairoen, god of disapproving of the overpriced drinks at the Enchanted Glass would not approve."

Jolmo

First Post
*Ke'ch'rhal followed Leondegrance into the tavern and took a seat at the table.*

*After listening to the spryte's complaints on the price, he decides that it would be worth it to him for the opposite reason; he could easily eat twice the amount of an average human after all.*

"I will have a plate and glass," he says, handing her the gold.

*Receiving the items, he tries imagining a large serving of rare steak and a glass full of water from a spring he has longed to drink from again, near to the village where he was hatched.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The faen woman winks at Vayj.*

"Spryte cups and plates are one and two gold, respetively, and faen cups and plates are two and five. But you can't take them with you!" she explains.

*Ke'ch'rhal receives a green glass cup and a golden glass plate. Thinking carefully, an excellent steak, oozing juices just like it should, appears on the plate. The cup fills with clear, cool water, which, upon sipping, has a pleasent mineral tang.*

Rystil Arden

First Post

*Falfairoen properly placated, Vayj decides to worship both Bliaryol and Zaalystae, goddess of supporting struggling economies by ordering a glass rather than drinking juice from his own personal store of 10 days worth of juice. Besides, the quickling girl was making him incredibly uncomfortable, and he wants to escape her gaze as quickly as possible. No plate though, in deference to Bliaryol's teachings.*

*Once Vayj receives the glass, he imagines up some delicious Zaava-juice, but he seems far more interested in tinkering with the glass and figuring out how the magics work, doing such things as pouring out the drink and reimagining it multiple times, tampering with some runes along the side to see if it changes the flows of magic to the item, and more. Since the drink could not actually refresh the drinker if it were to disappear after leaving the glass, Vayj takes the opportunity to alleviate some of the rip-off of the price by filling up every container he has with either Zaava juice or the most expensive Faen Berrywine he can imagine. If he can't take the glass with him, at least he can use it to stock up on provisions.*

"If any of you folks would like a drink," Vayj says to the others, "You needn't bother buying your own glass for the exorbitant prices when I can fill up your waterskin from mine, free of charge."

[OOC: Spellcraft +15, Knowledge (Magic) +13, Knowledge (Runes) +13, Alchemy +13 on the enchanted glass]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Vayj finds that although he can imagine nearly any kind of beverage into the glass, it will not pour out unless it touches his lips. Even if he imagines it full and turns it upside down, not a drop comes out. The runes along the side of the glass seem resistant to tampering, reforming themselves in the correct manner no matter how many times new lines are etched or scratched out. It's obviously a reasonably expensive magical item of high quality, used to give variety and quantity to a broad spectrum of guests without having to keep a warehouse of food or cellar of drink on hand.*

RillianPA

First Post
*Attracting the faen server's attention with a languid wave Balthazar says*

"Very well, please bring my friend and I a glass and a plate each. I say, gentlemen, maybe we should have a contest. Each of us can take a turn selecting everyone's drink. At the end we vote for a winner, and the group of us pay for his plate and glass."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The faen women smiles and nods at Balthazar and his giant companion. She returns with a pair of matched purple cups and plates, one large, and one almost doll-like in comparison.*

Rystil Arden

First Post

*Not to be stymied by a simple glass, Vayj positions his lips in such a way that the liquid from the glass will spill out onto his lips and then dribble into the containers, filling them.*

"Hmm...never mind then. I suppose none of you would like to drink something that's already touched my lips...this dweomer seems to make sharing more difficult."

RillianPA

First Post
Lord Balthazar D’still y Aybara de Silva - Spryte

"Ah well, a little experiment, if you will permit?"

*Balthazar flies over to Vayj, takes his cup (if permitted), and imagines a moderate wine from his father's wine cellar. He then hands it back to Vayj*

"Here try this."

Last edited:

Remove ads