A world in Darkness IC- Calling Wilphe and Nac Mac Feegle

Ghostknight

First Post
DM Note

See here for info on timekeeping in Tumil and the Calendar

Sychella/ Gor - Day 13 Month of the Sword, 1789 AI

You are sitting in the tavern after having arrived in Tumil with a larger caravan. Not having much to do until the formalaties are completed and trading can start, you get to look around the tavern, filled mainly with humans and orcs with a splattering of other races.

Business is brisk and service seems to be excellent - for others! Everything seems to take just a bit of extra time to get to your table, although whether it is the minotaur or drow that is causing the problem is not readily discernable. A;though at least in the busy tavern you are left relatively alone with most choosing indirect routes to avoid your table.

A member of the city militia enters, looks around, and heads towards your table. Giving a brief salute to Sychella he quickly addresses you

"Sychella of House Kemir, Master of Tumil, requests your attendance at his residence. Your bodyguard is welcome to join you if you desire. If you would be so kind as to join him tonight at bell four."

(It is currently 10 gong)

As he finishes speaking to you he goes to the innkeeper and then walks over to a man seated in the corner.

Argentus Whitesoul - Day 10 Month of the Sword, 1789 AI

Argent you haven't posted a history for Argentus so I am taking some liberty with him

Time has been a blur. You remember the casting, the Celestial Chorus' last instructions

"You are our vanguard. Go and see if you can help those below beset by the forces of evil. Let us hope that you can be more succesful than those who went before."

The last syllables of magic were uttered, you felt yourself stretched, unravelled, your last sight the candles in the ritual circle, and then silence, darkness.

You awaken in a small office. Standing before you is kin. Not a full celestial, but definitely one with the blood. He looks at you. Surprised. Looking to his right is another one with celstial blood, but far back in his ancestry, being one of this plane now.

"Welcome brother, we are glad to see you, but I wonder at how you came to be trapped in a scroll. One recently found by a scavenging party. Please, relax and make yourself comfortable. Once you feel comfortable perhaps you will tell us what it is you are here for."

Farlor - Day 13 Month of the Sword, 1789 AI

You recently arrived in Tumil. Wandering across the land, hiding from patrols you joined up with a caravan shortly before they reached the outside pickets of the city. The guards questioned you closely, but your aura of peace and the divination magics they employed convinced them that it would be safe to let you into the city.

You have wandered through the city for a few days, and find yourself back at the tavern where the innkeeper has provided you with food each day and allowed you to sleep in the common room in exchange for your calming presence.

You are sitting in a corner, nursing a drink when you see a member of the city guard addressing a drow and a minotaur. When he finishes speaking to them he heads over to the innkeeper, has a brief conversation with him and walks over to you and salute.

"Farlor, of the Brothers of the Open Hand, Gehrohg, Master of Tumil, requests your attendance at his residence. If you would be so kind as to join him tonight at bell four."

Racid Stonefist -Day 13 Month of the Sword, 1789 AI

For a change you have been confined to barracks - another fight in the tavern being added to the tally. Much to the despair of your seniors in the army being confined to barracks does not seem to be helping to curb some of your worse behavior and they are looking to find some way to control some of your worse issues, you arean useful soldier and they would rather not kick you out of the army just yet.

As you sit contemplating the rather bleak walls of the barracks the sergeant walks in. Looking at you he quickly speaks

"Racid, it seems that Gerogh has an use for you. He wants you at his house tonight at bell four. Try not to get into any fights with the other guests, it is not the tavern."

OOC: Anyone know how I can change the background color for a post so I can hide text?

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Argentus Whitesoul

Where am I? The angel asked. his limbs weak from reforming. He could feel his memories fadeing. his one and only goal was to cleanse the evil from this world. He knew others would follow but that depended on his success.

He stands and tries to extend his wings finding that they are very weak and too small at the moment to hold him aloft. You will experiance many discomforts while you regain your power slowly. If you have faith and courage you will be whole soon. The voice in his head was filled with love and power. He had no idea who spoke them but they comforted him.

I am Argentus the Whitesouled I cannot explain what brought me here as I have little information myself, but I am at your service. I am here to make things right. The angel said and collapsed onto the floor exhausted.

ooc: I left things open for you to work him into the world as you saw fit. This works very well. He has to "learn" all about the situation first hand.

Zerth

First Post
Ghostknight said:
Business is brisk and service seems to be excellent - for others! Everything seems to take just a bit of extra time to get to your table, although whether it is the minotaur or drow that is causing the problem is not readily discernable. A;though at least in the busy tavern you are left relatively alone with most choosing indirect routes to avoid your table.

A member of the city militia enters, looks around, and heads towards your table. Giving a brief salute to Sychella he quickly addresses you

"Sychella of House Kemir, Master of Tumil, requests your attendance at his residence. Your bodyguard is welcome to join you if you desire. If you would be so kind as to join him tonight at bell four."

(It is currently 10 gong)
As a minotaur is usually out of place among civilization, Gor is used to being left alone. He doesn't mind the solitude, actually it is often only beneficial in places like this as it keeps troublemakers at bay.

Gor is enjoying the time spent in the tavern along with ale and three fried chickens. He lifts his massive head up momentarily as the militia man approaches the table, but continues consuming his meal as the man is adresses Sychella in peaceful manner. His big bull-like ears rise as the Master of the city is mentioned.

When the man leaves he turns to Sychella. "So da big boss in Tumil wishes to see us. Or you boss-mistress, but Gor can come too, yes? What does big boss want with us? Hope no problem to trading business."

"Meeting not until four-bell. We got time to do stuff." The minotaur sniffs his furry shoulder and laughs. "Har! Har! Maybe Gor should take a bath. Not done that for awhile. Har!"

Ghostknight

First Post
Argentus Whitesoul

Carefully the half-celestial before you helps you to your feet.

"You are in the hidden city of Tumil. I am Gherog, master of Tumil and this is Hilme, captain of our city guard. We will provide a place for you to rest and recover, in a few days we will send for you, there is a task that needs to be done and perhaps you will be to assist."

Stepping forward, Hilme brings a chair for you to sit on. As he pulls a string, you can hear a bell ring in the distance. Shortly, a brown liveried servant enters the room with a plate of steaming food and a mug of mulled ale.

HIlme looks at you, then starts speaking:

"When you have finished eating and have regained your strength I will show you the way to the Travellers way house. You can stay there as long as you need. It will also let me know where you are when the time is right. Now eat."

Day 13, Month of the Sword, 1789 AI

You have spent a few days in the Travellers hostel. Many people in the city have given you strange looks, but generally leave you alone. Some come to you to be blessed, others curse you, seeing you as a conduit to powers that have let this happen, blaming the celestials for not ridding the world of the devils.

A few days later, sitting and eating at the Travellers Hostel, a member of the city guard approaches you

"Argentus Whitesoul, Gerogh, Master of Tumil, requests your presence at dinner tonight, at his residence. Please be there at Bell four"

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Argentus lifts the children off his knees and touching the one removes the rotting disease that would have killed her within the next week. Rest well Sinthia, I will watch over you as always.He whispers to her as she slips into sleep.
Yes I will be there. I am happy to end this waiting and start my mission. He stands and is almost to beautiful to look at. the weakness in his alibaster limbs is gone though his wings are still atrophied. His long silvery hair and glowing white eyes make him seem to be carved from marble but he moves with the quickness of mercury.
I will get my arms and meet Gherog at the appointed time. Bless you for your duty to the town sir.

Ghostknight

First Post
The guard smiles as he watches the healed child sleep. Bowing he salutes as he leaves you, softly speaking under his breath

The Gods be with you

Wilphe

Adventurer
Sychella stands and returns the guards salute, "We shall both be honoured to attend,", she watches as he leaves and speaks to the man at the other table whilst she sits again.
"Hmm, whatever he wants with us, he would also seem to want with the newcomers over there, it might not be what you could call good, but I don't think it will be bad. They need me, and if they need me they'd better see fit to need you as well.
You might want to take a bath if you want. If it's a social or trade meeting it'll do well to look presentable. If it's, other matters then being less fragrent whilst sneaking around can't be a bad thing."

Last edited:

PugioilAudacio

First Post
Ghostknight said:
Farlor - Day 13 Month of the Sword, 1789 AI

You are sitting in a corner, nursing a drink when you see a member of the city guard addressing a drow and a minotaur. When he finishes speaking to them he heads over to the innkeeper, has a brief conversation with him and walks over to you and salute.

"Farlor, of the Brothers of the Open Hand, Gehrohg, Master of Tumil, requests your attendance at his residence. If you would be so kind as to join him tonight at bell four."

Farlor smiles at the guard, "Thank you, I would be honored to attend." Watching the guard leave, Farlor walks over to the innkeeper. "Thank you for your hospitality my friend," he said, clasping the innkeeps hands. "I fear I might not return for some time." Pressing some coin into the innkeepers hand he adds "For others who may not have the ability to pay for themselves." With that final remark, Farlor strides out the door to view this remarkable town that has managed to thrive, away from the Devil's eyes.

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Wilphe said:
You might want to take a bath if you want. If it's a social or trade meeting it'll do well to look presentable. If it's, other matters then being less fragrent whilst sneaking around can't be a bad thing."
"Bath sound like good idea. Trade business or other matters, Gor ready when it's time to go." The minotaur finishes his meal and leaves to take a bath.

Wilphe

Adventurer
"I may do the same, however the maids probably can't arrange a bath for two at the same time. So I'll see what that other guy our guard friend wanted to see get's up to," she follows Farlor out, trying to keep a middle ground between blatently following him around and blatently sneaking.

Remove ads