A world in Darkness IC- Calling Wilphe and Nac Mac Feegle

Ghostknight

First Post
The last course is eaten with gusto and many burbs (musical and otherwise). Gerohg stands and addresses all of you.

I trust you have all eaten your fill and enjoyed the meal. The music around the table would seem to indicate that the food was enjoyed!

Now for why you were invited here tonight. Recently some information has come to light that needs to be investigated, but I will let Telim elaborate.

Gerohg sits, smiles and Telim and indicates to him to stand. Nervously he does, wringing his hands, clearing his throat and eventually starting to speak, in a surpriingly clear and powerful voice considering how nervous he appears.

Some years ago scrolls were brought to the temple for investigation, several of these revealed new magics which could be used to completely seal off a city and cut it off from the rest of the world. It was believed that these were theoretical, and I have long studied these scrolls to see if anything practical could be gathered to aid in defending our own city. Small gains have neem made, but nothing of real import.

Now, we have evidence that at least one city may be hidden in this way. A patrol found a man, near death, grievously wounded and suffering from some unknown disease. Delirious he cannot tell us much, his disease is slowly destroying his remaining mental faculties and all we have discerned is that he comes from a city that sounds significantly larger than Tumil, is completely hidden and within a few days travel. He has managed to draw a simple map, it does not tell us much but it should lead to the city.

We need to find this city. They have magics that could help us. Also, if this man is anything to go by their defenses may be failing, he left the city which, if built according to the scrolls in our possession, should have been completely cut off and impenetrable from both inside and out. If the city exists they must be warned and, hopefully, convinced to trade their knowledge with us.

Quickly he takes his seat again, resuming the investigation of his hands, nervousness apparent again now that he has finished talking. Gerohg stands.

You have heard what Telim has said. The Temple of Mithlond has approached the city to undertake an expedition to see if this city does exist and to initiate contact if it does. They feel that they are understaffed and undermanned, unable to undertake such a task.

You may have guessed why you are here. You are the ones that we would like to perform this task. You have all been chosen for good reasons, Sychella and Gor for their trade and travel knowledge, Argentus to go with them to help quell any suspicions at a half-drow and minotaur appearing uninvited on their door step, Racid will be there to asist Gor in the protection of the group and to give some official city presence, although not voice, to the expedition, and Brother Farlor, opefuly his calming presence will asist in any negotiations and help to establish our intentions of goodwill.

You are of course welcome to refuse this task, but we believe that this is for the best of Tumil and each of you. Sychella, increased trade will surely benefit House Kemir and raise your estimation with your matron mother. Racid, yes well, lets just say that your discplinary record is not the best, one tavern fight too many, and this would put you right back into everyone's graces. Argentus this is surely what you were sent here for, assisting us in improving communications and the ability to offer resistance. Brother Farlor I believe this also fts well into your Order's aims and thus should it would serve you well to travel with this group.

Please ask any question you will of myself or Telim, we will answer what we can.

Bowing to those assembled he takes his seat and the head of the table and looks at you expectantly.

Zerth

First Post
Gor listens to Gerogh and Temil speak. Those, who observe his approving grunts here and there can tell the surprising fact, that the hulking bull-humanoid seems to understand a lot that's been said. He doesn't say anything, but is looking at Sychella, obviously waiting for her to answer for both of them as usual.

PugioilAudacio

First Post
As Falgor considers this information his face lights up into a beautific smile. "Do you realize what this means? If we can find this magic we can have peace forever - without having to wrest it from the Devil's! I will accept this task gladly, as it could mean the salvation of all humankind! ...... Erm, and demi-humans, humanoids, celestials and minitours of course."

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Argentus sits and thinks as they tell their tale. I am concerned. To keep the evil out is one thing but to truely cut yourself off is little more than putting yourself in a prison of your own choosing. It's still prison. I will go but I would think more clearly on this. The only use I can forsee is closing yourselves off temporarily until the celestials can devistate the unholy and then come back to rebuild your world.

PugioilAudacio

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Argentus sits and thinks as they tell their tale. I am concerned. To keep the evil out is one thing but to truely cut yourself off is little more than putting yourself in a prison of your own choosing. It's still prison. I will go but I would think more clearly on this. The only use I can forsee is closing yourselves off temporarily until the celestials can devistate the unholy and then come back to rebuild your world.

Falgor looks up at the deva, "I disagree, anything is preferable to violence. If we have hide in these cities so be it. Eventually, a way to peacefully resolve the situation will become evident. It is, of course, up to the celestials if they wish to fight, but as far as the mortal races are concerned, war only causes suffering."

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Sychella sits there, thinking low and hearing them out, before moving immediatly to what is on her mind "Telim, Gerohg; We have dealt together before and know each other well. I shall accordingly be brief and to the point. How do we know this man to be telling the truth? Not merely delusional or even an agent of the enemy?". She gazes around the table, "I know why I and Gor are here. Argentus' prescence is well explained, if somewhat compromising from a stealth point of view. Racid's abilities are not unknown to me. You, brother Farlor, it has been said what this mission can do for you and your aims, but not as to what you bring to the mission. I would very much like to know..."

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Gerohg looks around the table at those seated.

I would tend to agree with Argentus as to the problems with completely hiding ourselves and cutting ourselves off from the world. Not so much because of the isolation but more because of the obvious issue of failing magic. The traveller's presence is indicative that their magic must be failing.

Sychella, to answer your query, we have used what divination magics we could to verify his story. The magic around this city appears to still be strong enough to obscure direct scrutiny and placement, but weakened enough to allow us to know that it definitely exists. We are convinced the city exists, the issue is its direct location and gaining access.

This is where the second of your questions is answered. The Order of the Open Hand of which Brother Farlor is a member, is well knwon for its emissaries of peace and their mission to bring peace to the world. They are known for non-violence and benevolence. I am hoping that this reoutation is known to those within and thus having Brother Farlor will enhance your chance at getting into the city and being accepted.

Quirhid

First Post
I think I have little choice in this matter. He looks around the table sadly. And if we succeed, it makes me less useful to the town. We're all in the hands of petty mages! He spits over his shoulder. Well, better get ready then. At least I will propably have my fun during the jurney. He stands up and bows to Gerohg. My hammer is yours.

Zerth

First Post
Gor listens to others first and decides to speak his mind even if he doesn't care much for negotiations. "Big Boss of Tumil is wise. Hiding sometimes good, but it never solves problems. If hiding so good, why then man from hidden city sick and dying? That worries Gor. But good idea to seek hidden city. Better to fight devils together."

Ghostknight

First Post
Quirhid said:
I think I have little choice in this matter. He looks around the table sadly. And if we succeed, it makes me less useful to the town. We're all in the hands of petty mages! He spits over his shoulder. Well, better get ready then. At least I will propably have my fun during the jurney. He stands up and bows to Gerohg. My hammer is yours.

Not so, Gerohg replies, it would bolster our defenses nad maybe help to hide us better, but we have no intention of cutting ourselves off from the rest of the world.

"Big Boss of Tumil is wise. Hiding sometimes good, but it never solves problems. If hiding so good, why then man from hidden city sick and dying? That worries Gor. But good idea to seek hidden city. Better to fight devils together."

The issue of the disease is real. We do not know if the disease is something from inside the city or something he got when he left the city. What we do know is that it does not respond to normal magical healing.

And yes, we will fight the devils together!

Remove ads