• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Aarakocra bard1/rogue2 help

ShogunAssassin

First Post
I have a Aarakocra bard1/rogue2. Background: Urchin

Cantrips: Thunderclap , Minor Illusion. Spells: Dissonant Whispers, Sleep, Feather fall, Longstrider

Traits: Sneak attack, Expertise (ath/perc), City Secrets, Bard Insp, Flight, Cunning Action

So my DM has allowed me to take the flying race and I instantly wanted to grapple and drop as it sounded super fun. He has made a fair call of I can only pick up my carry weight (190pounds with gear). I have been picking up my allies and dropping them into combat, great times. I dont want to be a one trick pony and in dungeons (which there are alot) I want to be helpful with out my flight. I also want my char to be full of flavour so using my wings to do spells like gust, thunder clap and wind wall and my bard songs as a bird call(singing type thing).

Where should I take this char in levels and spells?

My idea is the next levels would be:
Bard2: Jack of all trades (+1 init), song of rest, Spell: Fairy Fire
Bard3: Expertise (stealth, thieves tools?) Lore Bard (cutting words), 3 skills (deception,Perform,Invest) Spell: Enhance ability
Bard4: Feat: Mobility, Cantrip: Vicious Mockery, Spell: Suggestion, silence or invisibility

Now do I go Rogue 3 Arcane trickster, taking cantrips: magehand legerdemain, Gust (for flavour), Mending, Spells : find familar, shield, take longstrider and swap the bard version for Disguise self

OR

Bard5 Font of inspiration & bard dice(cuttingwords) 1d8

Level 3 spell options: Hypnotic Pattern,

Thanks for your help also spells i should be getting later would be great

Last edited:

mellored

Legend
Looks fine so far. Remember that cutting words can be used on enemy athletics checks.

Also Lore Bard 6 -> enlarge, which will boost your carrying capacity. enhance ability works well too.

ShogunAssassin

First Post
I like the enhance ability because its for 10 mins and doubles carry (400pounds) and gives advantage to str checks. where I like enlarge alot (go big or small) and allows me to grapple huge creatures but its still only 400 pounds and its just for 1 min so i like the option but believe ill use enhance ability more.

After a char boost I will take War caster so i can hold enhance ability longer and when i use Dissonant Whispers, I can use a spell attack on a OA(unsure what spell though)

Remove ads