• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Aasimar, Crafting Rules, and more in Gameinformer Magazine feature

DavyGreenwind

Just some guy
I'm reading the magazine feature, and they've mentioned the following bits included in the 2024 PHB:

Aasimar included as a playable species.
"A new section with tools with specific actions connected to each and a newly expanded item crafting section, including rules for spell scrolls and potions of healing;"
A new spell: Tasha's Bubbling Cauldron

There's also art of a halfling (wild magic sorc) with a normal sized head.

pukunui

Legend
There's also art of a halfling (wild magic sorc) with a normal sized head.
The issue wasn't with their heads. It was that their feet were too small. But yes, in this case, the wild magic sorceress halfling appears to have proportionately appropriate-sized feet.

gidnd07.jpg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The issue wasn't with their heads. It was that their feet were too small. But yes, in this case, the wild magic sorceress halfling appears to have proportionately appropriate-sized feet.

gidnd07.jpg
Those are relatively small feet for the body size, and definitely a relatively large head, just not as cartoonish as some of the older pictures.

Wonder if they'll give the PHB Aasimar a new set of celestial lineages to choose from that represent a LG/NG/CG planar connection to parallel the '24 Tiefling's Infernal(LE)/Chthonic(NE)/Abyssal(CE) choice, or just stick with the established Protector/Scourge/Fallen "angelic" options from Volo/MotM...

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Those are relatively small feet for the body size, and definitely a relatively large head, just not as cartoonish as some of the older pictures.

The head's still too big. It's the proportions of a child, not an adult.
Well, it's certainly less noticeable (to me) than it was in previous 5e halfling art. Unlike the new PHB cover art, I quite like this piece. I could see myself playing a character like this.

(EDIT: In fact, I did play a halfling wild magic sorcerer as my very first 5e character! She started life as a D&D Next playtest PC and then morphed into a final 5e rules PC.)

Remove ads