About the new EN World front page - I LOVE IT!

Darkwolf71

First Post
You're not contractually obligated to make your bookmark that page, you know! You're allowed to bookmark the news page instead. I promise not to come round your house and tell you off! :)
Ah, but then I would miss out on all the handy links. ;)

Besides I have a personality flaw quirk that does in fact, require me to bookmark the 'front' page. There are very very few exceptions to this. Sad, I know. :(

Nebten

First Post
Yah, not a fan of the new front page. It scares me to the point where I have to resist crawling up into a ball and sucking my thumb =v). I liked the news being the first thing you see when you go to the page. It gives you a chance to see what is going on currently when you first arrive.
This feels much like a newspaper. The big stories are on the front page. You scan that to see if there is anything there that interests you. If not, you then skip to the sports and/or comics (forums and WotBS page =v)

Sammael

Adventurer
Different strokes for different people, I guess - I love the new front page. I stopped reading the news a while ago (since most are now 4E related, and I have zero interest in that), and the categories are very handy and logically organized.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've blatantly stole some images (and bandwidth) from google to get a vague idea of how it'd look with pics there. Obviously, I can't use those permanently, but it helps give a sense.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
I hate to bring this up, since it's a minor thing, but it's been bugging me for a while...

Shouldn't it be "premier"?

Otherwise, I think the front page is coming along nicely. I hope you can find a "cohesive" set of images and my vote is for a darker grey in the panels so they'll "pop" more.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I hate to bring this up, since it's a minor thing, but it's been bugging me for a while...

Shouldn't it be "premier"?

You're the first person ever to mention that. The premiere mentioning of the error, in fact!

You are correct. Doh!

I hope you can find a "cohesive" set of images

I imagine I'll have to get some specially made, unfortunately.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Do you mind if I take a stab at it over the weekend?

Cheers, LT.

Of course not! I don't promise to use 'em, though - but I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll like 'em! :)

Saves me having to go wth Plan A, which was to pay someone to do a bunch of fantasty cartoon style drawings for them.

Remove ads