Abusable At-Will combo?

Kalidrev

First Post
As one of my characters is to be leveling soon, I will be able to create a new character. I am thinking about creating a swordmage with the Mark of Warding Feat and the White Lotus Defense feats.

Mark of Warding states that "Whenever one of your powers grants a bonus to a defense, increase that bonus by 1." There is more, but it doesn't apply to this question.

White Lotus Defense states that "When you hit an enemy with an arcane at-will attack power, you gain a +1 bonus to your defenses against that enemy until the start of your next turn."

Would this combo give a swordmage who used an at-will power a +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of its next turn? Or would it still only give the +1 bonus to all defenses because the defense bonus was not stated directly in the powers entry?

renau1g

First Post
I don't think so. The power doesn't grant you the +1, the feat does.

However the warden power (strength of stone?) does.

renau1g

First Post
I don't think mark of warding's very good for a swordmage (or maybe I'm missing something), because they don't get many powers that bump their AC right?

Kalidrev

First Post
Yeah, that's why I wanted to check. It could have been really good for a swordmage if that would have worked. Mark of Warding is still good for ANY defender because of the -3 mark penalty instead of the -2, but alas, the lack of extra defenses in it's powers makes the feat not really worth taking. Good to know, I'll look elsewhere for my swordmage ^_^.

Remove ads