Academy of Drell, Part 7

evileeyore

Mrrrph
'My guess is its about that book, young Rallyn here told me about." Kith croaks out, suddenly sounding old. "Whoever has it probably needs to worry about those two upstarts you met on the island. Emair and Glukma, I think Rallyn said their names were. Mentioned that they claimed they'd be coming for it."

Kith looks around at the Crimson Guards, counting the ones he can see and looking for the ones he can't.

Spot=26 (roll 16+10 skill), also Sense Motive=11 (roll 6+5 skill) on the Guards... I know they are probably just guards, but Kith is paranoid you know...

Jeremy

Explorer
Rallyn trundles up besides the guard, looking over the same area.

"But if it were a fireball, shouldn't it have caught and burned? Somewhere at least? The line of the circle is very clean..."

"Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I've seen more than my fair share of fireballs lately."

Zhure

First Post
At Rallyn's question, the kneeling Guard says, "Probably too cold, and these pines are covered with snow, so they're not terribly flammable. You can see the singe marks though."

Kith's examines the Guard and manages to see three of them. The human at the burned circle on the mountainside and two others nearby. The only odd thing he notices is they lack any apparent missile weapons, which is very odd for a scouting party. Other than that they seem on the up-and-up.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"Whatever it was it was a distraction. We need to get to to shore. I have a feeling that the magus and his drow pet are here for the book." Lyrique says and starts running down the hill and back to the village.

Dalamar

Adventurer
I don't know what is the thing to do at this point. But I quess letting Lyrique run off alone is not it.
Sildarin picks up Slith from the ground and flies after Lyrique.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Up and down..." Charlotte says, watching for a small moment after Lyrique and Sildarin take off. "At least we're getting our exercise, I suppose. Coming, Keith?"

With that, she heads after the other two.

Zhure

First Post
Taking off down the side of the hill, the group quickly passes by the Crimson Guard scouting party and a large number of slower-moving townsfolk and students heading up the hill to where everyone just was.

The academy proper seems undisturbed, though a few sleepy students are walking around looking to see what the furor was all about. Obviously those were the few who awoke late.

Further down the hill, the town is just as quiet, but the small palisade has obviously changed. The gates - also made of the same wood as the rest of the fortification - are closed tight and crimson-clad archers are manning the two platforms near the gate.

Remove ads