• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Academy of Drell, Part IV

Zhure

First Post
The northern egress

Rallyn leaps heroically down the ramp and is whisked away at a rapid pace. In just a few seconds, he whips past the end of Victor's rope. Like Victor before him, Rallyn lands soft as a feather on the raised dais at the bottom of the ramp.

... assuming Charlotte and Sildarin make the same plunge, otherwise we will rewrite this section.

Immediately after Rallyn, Charlotte and Sildarin tumble down the chute as well. It's surprisingly easy, with fewer bangs and crashes that one might expect, especially with Sildarin's levitate still functioning. As before, these two land softly and on their feet on the dais.

From the light of Victor's candle, a handful of shambling creatures are walking towards the group, from all directions, arms outstretched. Some of them are obviously no longer living. Arms akimbo, broken necks, and the stench of decay make it clear these are the living dead.

minor clarification re: levitate and a single candle vs multiple.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Oh my..."
Sildarin looks at the undead with his mouth open and eyes wide.

Is my levitate still active? I'm not sure if it's been 40 minutes yet.

Jeremy

Explorer
"Whoops."

"Er, hey Victor, Sildarin.." Rallyn nods to each, "At least they don't have crossbows?"

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
"I'm sorry" says Victor with a very sad face. "I was looking for an exit, but instead I found... those... things. Oh my god! What happened to you Charlotte? Have you fought?"

OOC: Victor readies an action to fight on the defensive the first undead who comes near the group

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"We had a run-in with an orc sniper," Charlotte says quickly. "Nothing too serious, though. We're all fine."

She then takes a quick look at the things coming towards the group. "More unfriendlies... perhaps we should start with ranged weaponry once more, and move on to hand-to-hand once they get too close - assuming, of course, they... um... 'live' that long?"

Charlotte pulls out her newfound shortbow, aiming at the closest creature. She doesn't fire, however.

"Hmm... I don't know how effective our weapons will be on things that are... less than alive."

Zhure

First Post
Dalamar said:
"Oh my..."
Sildarin looks at the undead with his mouth open and eyes wide.

Is my levitate still active? I'm not sure if it's been 40 minutes yet.

Yes, it is still active and will be for about 20 more minutes.

Zhure

First Post
Clarification: the undead appear mindless and are moving very slowly (i.e., about a move of 20). The group has a full round to prepare. I should've said so in the initial post.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"UP!"
Sildarin graps Charlotte by the waist and shoves her 20ft up the tunnel.

It just looks better that way than just saying that I manifest levitate

Zhure

First Post
"surprise" round

Sildarin levitates Charlotte up the shaft 20 feet, well beyond the reach of the mindless undead.

As Charlotte bumps up the shaft, her hands are held over her head and they seem to stick to the ceiling of the shaft.

Remove ads