• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Academy of Drell, Part IV

Jeremy

Explorer
"SCORE! Hey look, these pins set themselves back up, they gotta come up with a way to do that out on the green... You aren't going to get a better opening than that Victor."

Rallyn grins in the face of maggoty death and sticks out his tongue. Better to bowl them over and have them get up then to be evicerated and eaten, that's what I always say.

Rallyn, come back to us now. Get up the shaft.

Yes mother.
Rallyn's impish grin belays a slight cracked look behind his eyes as the horror of the situation is getting to him.

Rallyn backs away five feet, on full defensive and calls over his shoulder. "Sildarin, um, can I get a boost?"

Is that a "no" for knowing Lyrique?

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
"Hey, awful time for introducing, but thanks. Listen to me: Charlotte, I'll count till three, then send your construct at my place as our new friend and I get into the tunnel at once. Everyone's ready? 1...2...3!"

Zhure

First Post
Up the shaft

Victor and Lyrique manage to swap places with the Astral construct as it makes a fighting stand to hold back the horde of mindless undead. In the flickering light, before the candle is knocked over and the light is quenched, there hands grasp about in a gray struggle to try to reach for anyone among the living. In almost no time, the astral construct is torn to ectoplasmic bits.

The group hangs from the tacky ceiling of the shaft, some hundreds of feet away from the relative safety of the grotto.

Jeremy

Explorer
Rallyn tries to work himself up the shaft hand over hand. "Thanks Sildarin. That was a close one... It's a nightmare down there."

Jeremy

Explorer
"Up, up, and away. Go regroup. *huff* *huff* I know we've got some information to share." Rallyn struggles on.

"Lyrique, right? How did--I didn't train for this--you end up all the way down here? Do you know what this place is?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Maybe, just maybe, this was a... bad idea..." Charlotte says, as she moves up the shaft. "It's a good thing that Sildarin helped us get out of there..."

Remove ads