• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Achieving (more) immortality

Juomari Veren

Adventurer
My 13th level Duskblade is a valuable source to the party. He's a particularly good fighter, he's got the brunt of the damage-dealing spells, and he's been killed. At least once by decapitation.

Ever since, he and I have been searching for a way to make him live through a thing like that. Unfortunately, the only thing we got to was Lich, but that's too drastic.

I've read up on the Incatificer class, and know of a particular magical item that could really utilize the spell eater/spell leech abilities, but that isn't quite the protection I was looking for. I know of the Cloud Anchorite, and the prestige classes, but can't find online write-ups and (what's worse), can't use the virtual book PDFs.

I'm asking to see if there is any other way of making your character magically able to resist heavy blood loss and decapitation, and the like/norm.

NewJeffCT

First Post
My 13th level Duskblade is a valuable source to the party. He's a particularly good fighter, he's got the brunt of the damage-dealing spells, and he's been killed. At least once by decapitation.

Ever since, he and I have been searching for a way to make him live through a thing like that. Unfortunately, the only thing we got to was Lich, but that's too drastic.

I've read up on the Incatificer class, and know of a particular magical item that could really utilize the spell eater/spell leech abilities, but that isn't quite the protection I was looking for. I know of the Cloud Anchorite, and the prestige classes, but can't find online write-ups and (what's worse), can't use the virtual book PDFs.

I'm asking to see if there is any other way of making your character magically able to resist heavy blood loss and decapitation, and the like/norm.

If your duskblade doesn't mind losing 2 points of CON permanently, he can have a Death Pact cast on him - it gives you an immediate True Resurrection if slain.

However, most won't choose that option, so there are also the less debilitating Stalwart Pact & Renewal Pact, one of which heals you once you drop below half your hit points and the other cures you of any sort of condition with a Panacea casting

Juomari Veren

Adventurer
If your duskblade doesn't mind losing 2 points of CON permanently, he can have a Death Pact cast on him - it gives you an immediate True Resurrection if slain.

However, most won't choose that option, so there are also the less debilitating Stalwart Pact & Renewal Pact, one of which heals you once you drop below half your hit points and the other cures you of any sort of condition with a Panacea casting

Interesting. What book/books does that come out of?

Starbuck_II

First Post
Change his race?

Lumi (Outsiders with 2 HD 2 LA) are immune decapitation.

They have the extraordinary ability to have floating heads (since already head is separated can't be decapitated/heads can turn 360 so no +2 flanking bonus to hit on them). They also immune to death effects.

Savage Species has rituals to change race if he doesn't want to do a PHB 2 retraining quest.

You'll lose some levels (since the LA and HD), but it is a decent trade.

Remove ads