OSR ACKS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libertad

Hero

Jahydin

Hero
More general alt-right anti-SJW grousing. Unlike the Diversity & Dragons account I had to scroll down his feed a bit before finding the blatant the transphobia. Did see him re-tweeting Scott Adams as recently as two weeks ago, so, uh... yikes.
Diversity and Dragons is bad too? Way to trick people with the name...

No wonder people were mad I linked them, sorry.

Ocule

Explorer
Religion/politics
What disturbs me more than anything is the outright insane crusade to take down or destroy any creator that is right, center, classical liberal or has any opinion that isn’t in lockstep with the ideology of the month. Having read all these accusations and the materials linked (I don’t think many people here actually read the links they posted they just took the word of a hit piece) that is the conclusion I’ve come to.

I mean I get it I thoroughly vet any company I do business with these days because of how many times various creators have made it painfully clear that they hate my guts, and have actively attacked gamers. Looking at you wizards of the coast, hiring the freakin Pinkertons or saying people like me “can’t get out of the hobby soon enough” what I don’t get is why try to crush creators who don’t align with your brand of politics? I mean can you name any conservative creators? Or even centrists, or not leftist that you consider acceptable? Is your crusade really against all creators who don’t align with your beliefs

So after looking at all the evidence I backed for all 3 books and plan on running it for my gaming group as soon as I get my hands on ACKS II. Macris not only doesn’t seem like what y’all are portraying him as, but he seems like a pretty cool guy.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
What disturbs me more than anything is the outright insane crusade to take down or destroy any creator that is right, center, classical liberal or has any opinion that isn’t in lockstep with the ideology of the month. Having read all these accusations and the materials linked (I don’t think many people here actually read the links they posted they just took the word of a hit piece) that is the conclusion I’ve come to.

I mean I get it I thoroughly vet any company I do business with these days because of how many times various creators have made it painfully clear that they hate my guts, and have actively attacked gamers. Looking at you wizards of the coast, hiring the freakin Pinkertons or saying people like me “can’t get out of the hobby soon enough” what I don’t get is why try to crush creators who don’t align with your brand of politics? I mean can you name any conservative creators? Or even centrists, or not leftist that you consider acceptable? Is your crusade really against all creators who don’t align with your beliefs

So after looking at all the evidence I backed for all 3 books and plan on running it for my gaming group as soon as I get my hands on ACKS II. Macris not only doesn’t seem like what y’all are portraying him as, but he seems like a pretty cool guy.

I think maybe "politically" was a poor word choice on my part. A "political" disagreement I might have someone would be over tax rates or government budget allocations. I don't have a problem buying something made by someone I "politically" disagree with.

If you're a significant part of a media empire who, among other things, actively worked to get people to fear and hate people like me, that goes quite a bit further than a "political" disagreement, which means that not only will I not support this person but I will strongly advocate that nobody else does either.

Staffan

Legend
Fair enough. No reason to assume he knows that, or wouldn't change it if asked. I have several trans friends and I had no idea about that.
My understanding is that "trans woman" has "trans" as an adjective, meaning that the lady in question is a woman who happens to be trans, just like a "tall woman" is a woman who happens to be tall. "Transwoman" on the other hand has "woman" modified by "trans", implying that the lady in question is a different kind of woman.

But that is a mighty fine distinction and not one I personally would use to immediately call out a person as being bad and transphobic. It's a signal, but not a very strong one.

Gradine

My understanding is that "trans woman" has "trans" as an adjective, meaning that the lady in question is a woman who happens to be trans, just like a "tall woman" is a woman who happens to be tall. "Transwoman" on the other hand has "woman" modified by "trans", implying that the lady in question is a different kind of woman.

But that is a mighty fine distinction and not one I personally would use to immediately call out a person as being bad and transphobic. It's a signal, but not a very strong one.
Absolutely. Like I said, it's not really a gotcha for anyone, but definitely a thing to look out for and avoid. Bad actors will continue to use the portmanteau deliberately for exactly the reasons you describe; most normal people will respond "oh I had no idea" and correct their phrasing in the future

Ocule

Explorer
So you’ve went out of your way to intentionally misunderstand everything around you. Like I said we are watching two completely different movies about what’s going on.

Jahydin

Hero
Honestly that's where I'm at. I've spent quite a bit of time reading through his products and posts over the years and nothing has jumped out as him being a terrible person. I tend to value that over hearsay.

That said, I appreciate the links everyone has dropped so others can make an informed decision on whether to support him or not. I also like to hear differing opinions other than my own.

Gradine

Well, he says he's not a racist, or a homophobe, or a transphobe, so I guess I gotta take him at face value? Is that how this works?

Even though he's frequently collaborated with multiple people for whom those attributes are a major part of their personality/brand. Up to and including avowed Nazis such as Vox Day, a man so toxic that even Larry Correa had to be like "Whoa, slow down, there's a bit of a crowbar of separation there, if you please." And has been shown to himself post incredibly inflammatory and violent language towards people he happens to "politically disagree" with (which is for some reason not as much of a problem when he does it because... ???). That's how all this works, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads