Action Squad! (Updated 4/16)

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Yupper! Nice update. Love the way you guys write accents. It made me go and review the Bostonian lilt for my Champions game!

Alright...Who plays who? :)

Pierce

First Post
Broccli_Head said:
Yupper! Nice update. Love the way you guys write accents. It made me go and review the Bostonian lilt for my Champions game!
Thanks! The accents are the hardest part for me. Well, that and believable dialog.

Broccli_Head said:
Alright...Who plays who? :)

Me: John McInnis (Fast 8/Charismatic 1/Con Artist 6)
Old Drew Id: Del Boudreaux (Dedicated 3/Bounty Hunter 10/Strong 1/Fast 1) + GM Duties
Eyas: Chu Don Phat (Fast 3/Strong 4/Martial Arts Master 8)

fludogg & ledded have not yet been introduced. I'll hopefully get an update posted in the next day or two which will wrap up the intro and get into the action! ledded was out for the first session and so you won't see him show for a few.

Thanks for reading!

And as a bonus, here's a pic of Capt. Osbourne:

Attachments

• capt_osbourne.jpg
    capt_osbourne.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 148

ledded

Herder of monkies
Pierce said:
Thanks! The accents are the hardest part for me. Well, that and believable dialog.
Well, your cajun is incredible. Very, very nice, and that's coming from someone with a few cajun friends that talk just like that when they are "swamp talkin' "

Me: John McInnis (Fast 8/Charismatic 1/Con Artist 6)
Old Drew Id: Del Boudreaux (Dedicated 3/Bounty Hunter 10/Strong 1/Fast 1) + GM Duties
Eyas: Chu Don Phat (Fast 3/Strong 4/Martial Arts Master 8)

fludogg & ledded have not yet been introduced. I'll hopefully get an update posted in the next day or two which will wrap up the intro and get into the action! ledded was out for the first session and so you won't see him show for a few.

Thanks for reading!

And as a bonus, here's a pic of Capt. Osbourne:
Oh man, I just *loved* my character for this one, he's one of the most annoying and cheesy guys I've ever played. I only got to play him for half of one session, but it was a ton of fun.

Keep up the great work P, maybe if both of us keep updating that will force OldDrewId to update too. ;)

(BTW, does he come by your office every 5 minutes going "so where's my update?", and if so, does it annoy you as much as it probably annoys him when you do it? :D )

caixa

First Post
Whoa..

ledded said:
(BTW, does he come by your office every 5 minutes going "so where's my update?", and if so, does it annoy you as much as it probably annoys him when you do it? :D )

You guys work together too? Oh man, what the water cooler discussions that would be!

Peterson

nobodez

Explorer
gosh darnit

Great, another thread that I'm gonna get an e-mail reminder for it's updates! Yesh, it like you guys can't help but make great games! Why can't I find a decent gaming group?

Pierce

First Post
"Yo, check it! This is where it all goes down right here, knowhutimsayin? All these are my men - see, there's Woodson - yo Woody! How you doin' my brutha! Boom-boom in da house! Yo, we're all here protectin' an' servin' yo!"

The camera followed a tall, handsome, well-dressed black man as he weaved through the maze of desks and cubicles in the large office bullpen. Curious desk clerks prairie-dogged over the top of their grey boxes, squinting to see what the ruckus was about. Captain Osbourne's office door slammed open, sending the blinds flailing.

"WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON??!? WHO LET THE PRESS BACK HERE?" Osbourne stormed out of his office and made for the camera.

The black man turned and smoothly intercepted Osbourne. Throwing an arm over the Captain's shoulders, he turned to the camera, "See this here's our leader - this is Captain Jack Osbourne, best damn cop-"

"GET THAT godd*mn CAMERA OUT OF MY FACE!!" Osbourne grabbed the lens of the camera, swinging it towards the floor. The cameraman nearly fell over trying to keep a grip on the expensive equipment. "JOHNSON!! You better have a godd*mnn good explanation for this sh*t!"

"Captain, captain! Chill, yo! This here ain't no press camera - this here's a TV show, yo! Check it: my cousin Frankie works for this guy who knows a guy who plays golf with a guy that dates this chick whose brother is some big-wig with that new FOX network. You know, that new station that got that crazy-ass cartoon kid - 'Kowabunga, dude!' - right? Yo, so anyways this dude's got this crazy-ass idea for a new show. Alls they do is follow around cops while they do their job, yo! And since my cousin Frankie's got a connection, they hooked up with me! Samuel 'Boom-Boom' Johnson! See, it's all good!"

"Johnson, I don't give a rat's ass who's camera this is - press is press. If they don't go through the proper channels, they're not allowed back here godd*mnmit! Hey! Is this thing still on? Turn this f**king thing off you son of a b*tch!" Osbroune jerked the camera nearly off the cameraman's shoulder

"Hey, that's expensive equipment! Watch out!" The cameraman jerked back, freeing the camera from the captain's grip. He stepped back out of Osbourne's reach and glared. "We've got a contract with Mr. Johnson that states we can follow him anywhere as long as he's on duty and we don't endanger his life."

"Yeah? What if your life's in danger?" Osbourne's smile was obviously not friendly.

"Uh, well, um...."

"That's what I thought. Turn the godd*mn camera off! NOW!!"

Boom-Boom stepped inbetween the two, "Now wait a minute, Cap. This could be a real nice thing for the department, see what I'm sayin? The TV guys say they want to show us cops doin' our job and arrestin' the bad guys and sh*t, see? They want to show us in a good light, yo? See, it's all about the image! We show the LAPD bustin' up the drug dealers and yo, it's like Miami Vice, West Coast style!" Boom-Boom flashed a huge grin at the captain, then back over his shoulder to the camera still filming.

Osbourne's face stayed beet red, but his smile finally started creeping into his eyes. "You want to be on TV busting drug dealers, eh? Well, follow me. I've got just the case for you. C'mon - you're getting a new partner." He turned and stalked towards A side office with McInnis painted on the glass, Boudreaux and Phat trailing bemusedly behind.

"Whoa, wait Cap! I - uh - I've got this great line on the bikini shoplifters down on Venice Beach- Cap? Wait - aw, sh*t." Boom-Boom slumped after the Captain like a kid called to the principal's office, "Well, c'mon Mr. Cameraman. You get to see real police work. Happy?"

Last edited:

caixa

First Post
Thinking here....

Pierce said:
"Yo, check it! This is where it all goes down right here, knowhutimsayin? All these are my men - see, there's Woodson - yo Woody! How you doin' my brutha! Boom-boom in da house! Yo, we're all here protectin' an' servin' yo!"

The camera followed a tall, handsome, well-dressed black man as he weaved through the maze of desks and cubicles in the large office bullpen. Curious desk clerks prairie-dogged over the top of their grey boxes, squinting to see what the ruckus was about. Captain Osbourne's office door slammed open, sending the blinds flailing.

"Whoa, wait Cap! I - uh - I've got this great line on the bikini shoplifters down on Venice Beach- Cap? Wait - aw, sh*t." Boom-Boom slumped after the Captain like a kid called to the principal's office, "Well, c'mon Mr. Cameraman. You get to see real police work. Happy?"

This has got to be Ledded's character....

ledded

Herder of monkies
caixa said:
This has got to be Ledded's character....
Nope. This was a one-off that they played when I was on vacation with the family. Fludogg is solely responsible for Boom-boom and his oh-so Will Smith way of putting things. I did get in on the action at the very end of this game, in a quite surprising manner. My character is sooooo much more annoying and cheesy 80's stereotype than his; you can understand what he's saying, but you dont really *want* to... :)

Nice update Pierce, you are doing exemplary work with the dialogue and accents. Bravo, sir.

Remove ads