• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ad&d module adventure path

Ariddrake

First Post
I was thinking of running an adventure path made of old school ad&d modules. I am thinking of using:

U1 - U3
A1 - A4
G1 - G3
D1 - D3
Q1

Can anybody think of a way to unify these adventures into onwe overarching plot. I have all the old classic modules if anybody else ran something like this I would like to hear about it. Thanks

If you're using modules that old, I think you have to call it a campaign rather than an adventure path. ;)

I have most of those myself, but haven't read through them in years. I may do so and give some suggestions if I get the time.

Greg V

First Post
Well the works already been done for you with the super modules A1-4 Scourge of the Slave Lords and GDQ 1-7 Queen of the Spiders. The only difference is substituting the Saltmarsh adventures for T1-4 The Temple of Elemental Evil that served as the intro for the other two.

In U1 the PCs can get a pirate ship and sail it around a bit to take on the lizards and the sahuagin in U2 and U3. So presuming they're successful and feeling their oats a bit, maybe they feel like they're good enough to take a trip up the Wild Coast in the old Sea Ghost. Once in Safeton they get an invite to Madame Gold's gala feast (which just happens to coincide with a slaver raid) and you've got the start to A1-4 all set, with the added bonus that the PCs have a pirate ship allowing for a lot of cool possibilities on their way to Highport.

If you don't have the supermodules, the key to tying them altogether is that the drow Slave Lord (Edralve, I think) is working for the Lolth houses of Erelhei-Cinlu and Stalmin Klim is in bed with the Elder Elemental Eye houses under Eclavdra (or maybe vice versa), so that both sides in the GDQ series have their fingers in the pot that is upset by the PCs and have incentive to want to off them when they get involved in the giant raids.

Ariddrake

First Post
Thanks for the suggestions. How does the Temple of elemental evil tie in with the other modules? The slavers tie to the drow is great. Can you think of other ad&d modules that could go together.

Greg V said:
Well the works already been done for you with the super modules A1-4 Scourge of the Slave Lords and GDQ 1-7 Queen of the Spiders. The only difference is substituting the Saltmarsh adventures for T1-4 The Temple of Elemental Evil that served as the intro for the other two.

In U1 the PCs can get a pirate ship and sail it around a bit to take on the lizards and the sahuagin in U2 and U3. So presuming they're successful and feeling their oats a bit, maybe they feel like they're good enough to take a trip up the Wild Coast in the old Sea Ghost. Once in Safeton they get an invite to Madame Gold's gala feast (which just happens to coincide with a slaver raid) and you've got the start to A1-4 all set, with the added bonus that the PCs have a pirate ship allowing for a lot of cool possibilities on their way to Highport.

If you don't have the supermodules, the key to tying them altogether is that the drow Slave Lord (Edralve, I think) is working for the Lolth houses of Erelhei-Cinlu and Stalmin Klim is in bed with the Elder Elemental Eye houses under Eclavdra (or maybe vice versa), so that both sides in the GDQ series have their fingers in the pot that is upset by the PCs and have incentive to want to off them when they get involved in the giant raids.

Exactly. I did it in a homebrew setting, and skipped from D1 (the Sea Ghost) to A3 or A4, where the PC's are captured, with some other adventures in between. I had them get attacked by Robilar and some other folks while at Sea in the Dramidj Ocean, and they were taken to a volcanic island to be sacrificed in the dungeons . . .

diaglo

Adventurer
Ariddrake said:
Thanks for the suggestions. How does the Temple of elemental evil tie in with the other modules? The slavers tie to the drow is great. Can you think of other ad&d modules that could go together.

N2 The Forest Oracle can be a tie in too btw U3 and A1 or A2. although it will be a cakewalk for the PCs by then.

the druids are worried about a blighted area near the slavers stockade. they heard about what the PCs had done in the swamps to restore the balance of the area and undo the damage done by the devil fish.

Ariddrake

First Post
diaglo

Please point me somewhere that shows me where these are at. They should have come up with a Greyhawk hardback that listed all of these (They probably already have one). Thanks

cildarith

Explorer
Airdrake, the old module locations are listed in the World of Greyhawk boxed set (c. 1983); anything published after that usually has the map coordinates published in the module.

Remove ads