• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ad&d module adventure path

Greyhawk locations

U series = southern Keoland. See the DMG 2 for a treatment of this area. A bit 3.5ish, but still useful.

A series = the Pomarj

G series = the Jotens near the Yeomanry, the Barrier Peaks more generally, and the edge of the Sea of Dust on the far side

D series = under the Barrier Peaks and Hellfurnaces

Q1 = offworld

Basically, it's all in SW Greyhawk, in Keoland and neighboring areas.

You could also start with B2 Keep on the Borderlands set in the Yeomanry (the official 2nd Edition location), Sterich, Geoff, or Bissel.

diaglo said:
N2 The Forest Oracle can be a tie in too btw U3 and A1 or A2. although it will be a cakewalk for the PCs by then.

I can't believe you would seriously suggest the use of N2 in any campaign (other than a Hackmaster one with the parody turned up to 11).

Greg V

First Post
"U series = southern Keoland. See the DMG 2 for a treatment of this area. A bit 3.5ish, but still useful."

Saltmarsh is set on the coast just south of the Dreadwood and northeast of the mouth of the Javan River.

Dunwater is in the Hool Marsh on the coast just north of the Javan River.

The sahuagin lair is set in the mouth of the Javan River.

"A series = the Pomarj"

Specifically, A1 in Highport at the southern end of the Wild Coast

A2 in the Drachensgrab Hills south of Highport

A3 and A4 in a (supposedly) extinct volcano in the Drachensgrabs called Mt. Flamenblutte or somesuch thing.

"G series = the Jotens near the Yeomanry, the Barrier Peaks more generally, and the edge of the Sea of Dust on the far side"

G1 is in the Jotuns as mentioned, just south of Sterich which is the recipient of the giant raids.

G2 is in the Crystalmists (the Barrier Peaks are at the northern end of the mountain range).

G3 is smack in the middle of the Hellfurnaces.

"D series = under the Barrier Peaks and Hellfurnaces"

D1-3 are under the Hellfurnaces and a little northwest of G3 within a section of the Underdark that encompasses little more than 900 square miles (roughly one hex on the Greyhawk world maps)--a fairly small piece of real estate unless you consider the Underdark wherein I'm sure it would be considered quite extensive

"Q1 = offworld"

The 66th Layer of the Abyss to be exact (well 66th and 67th by later calculations, I believe, per the new Expedition adventure by Wolfgang Baur).

So pretty much Wild Coast/Pomarj,
then Sterich and Jotun/Crystalmist/Hellfurnaces,
then Underdark and Abyss

The Temple of Elemental Evil's tie-in is that Elemental Evil is a front crafted by several demon lords (Lolth, Tsuggtomoy (sp?), and Iuz--at the unknowing behest of Tharizdun according to Monte's "Return to" adventure) and is related to the Elder Elemental Eye who is venerated by Eclavdra and the rogue drow houses of Erelhei-Cinlu. In T1: The Village of Hommlet, Lareth the Beautiful (the BBEG) is a human cleric of Lolth. In G1-3, little hidden temples dedicated to the Elder Elemental Eye pop up in at least 2 of the 3 giant lairs, and, of course, D3 reveals Eclavdra's plotting against Lolth and the Lolth-worshipping drow houses.

For more information on tying these together and further adventure opportunities, I'd strongly recommend Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil by Monte Cook and the Shadows of Istivin campaign arc in issues #117, 118, and 119 of Dungeon Magazine (which I believe can still be ordered through Paizo.com).

Last edited:

grodog

Hero
diaglo said:
also see if you can find grodog. http://www.greyhawkonline.com/

I am never far :D

However, just FYI, I only sublet the http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/ area of GHO, which is owned by Theocrat Issak (not me): he provides server space for me and various other GH folks (most notably the WoG comic strip @ http://greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/ which just rocks!).

In terms of the adventure path you're built, you can easily combine U1 by relocating it to the Wild Coast and making the pirates there part of the slavers' raiding/capturing/harvesting efforts --> A1 --> U2/U3 [or skip them, though I am fond of U3] --> A2-4. I've never been too fond of linking T1-4 to A1-4/GDQ1-7 so take the following with some grains (boulders?) of salt :D In particular I would drop T1-4 and then pull the drow into the plot much earlier via A2's passages, and the Ool Eurts treasures in A3, and make some connections between A4 and the drowic underworld (which collapse in the A3/4 earthquakes/volcanic eruptions, naturally).

If you want to play a more piratey/slaver-ery game, then U1-3 --> A1-4 works well, after which you can go wherever (including GDQ), or start a new campaign/etc.: I've just never particularly liked the shoe-horning of A1-4 into GDQ. The late 2e GH adventure/sourcebook Slavers expands upon a lot of material in A1-4, and advances some of the timelines, and is a great resource to flesh out a full Against the Slavers campaign. (You can also easily throw in a lot of Freeport stuff from Green Ronin, obviously). Some other possible GH follow ups to U1-3/A1-4 could be:

• C2 Ghost Tower of Inverness (located north of the Wild Coast and South of Greyhawk/Hardby): close by, near the coast, easily also moved to just about anywhere
  • WG5 Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure (also nearby; Maure Castle levels published in Dungeons 112, 124, and 139 add further to this)
  • Return of the Eight (drop the railroady plot elements, and place Tenser's castle wherever you desire; even better, make it an evil NPC citadel and have the PCs assault it as a high-level challenge!)
  • Rob Kuntz's Cairn of the Skeleton King/Tower of Blood (the latter of which could also be a good tie-in/lead-in to the drowic underworld, or be a feature within it)

There are also several great adventures set in GH in Dungeon (including Wolfgang Baur's Kingdom of the Ghouls in Dungeon 70 [and his recent Kingdom of the Ghouls sequel, of sorts @ http://wolfgangbaur.com/opendesign/empire_ghouls.aspx and both of these are also good options to add to the drowic underworld, too), and Erik Mona's Whispering Cairn in Dungeon 124 [which kicks off the Age of Worms AP too, but it's also great stand-alone, and is also in the Cairn Hills around GH city, in the same vicinity as most of the above; it's low-level, but also has a tie-in to a sequel adventure via a gate in it that you could easily use to convert it into a higher-level adventure]). For some other ideas from Dungeon, see my (still in need of updating) index @ http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_dungeon_adventures.html#dungeon

Last edited:

Ariddrake

First Post
Thanks for the advice and thats cool that you posted. I think I'm going to tie the pirates to the slavers and the slavers to the drow. After the Pc's disrupt the slavers the drow must make an alliance with the giants. After the Giants are defeated the PC's decide to assault the drow maybe while some type of war is starting above ground with humanoids. I just bought:

N2 Forest Oracle
I2 Tomb of the Lizard King
C4 To Find a King

What does anybody think of them?

diaglo

Adventurer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
I can't believe you would seriously suggest the use of N2 in any campaign (other than a Hackmaster one with the parody turned up to 11).
ha.
i actually used it back in the mid 80's.

as a way to get the PCs from T1 to Nulb.

i had Jaroo be the druid "council". and it was a heavily modified sidetrek. so the PCs were stronger for the inhabitants of Nulb and vicinity.

i have it slated in my current OD&D campaign too. the PCs haven't gone there yet. i'm guessing it will be much easier for them by the time they do. if they do.

Remove ads