• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ad&d module adventure path

diaglo

Adventurer
Ariddrake said:
Is N2 that bad, I haven't read it yet but should i be ready to put it up on ebay?
um... yeah. it ain't the best of modules.

it is useful as a sidetrek and to steal parts from...

diaglo

Adventurer
Ariddrake said:
I2 Tomb of the Lizard King

you could sub the Lizard King tomb for the lich in D1 to flesh it out some more.

edit: but i would change the King from lizardman to trog.

that way the trogs in D1 have a ready made ally in their former king.

Ulrick

First Post
Ariddrake said:
Is N2 that bad, I haven't read it yet but should i be ready to put it up on ebay?

Don't put it up on ebay. Even though its bad, there's still a lot of good encounters in it.

I've had this module for years before I decided to run it converted to 3.5. And it didn't matter that I had coverted it either, there's things about that module that just seem odd... SPOILERS: like briggand cabins as large as a football field, text descriptions that suddenly stop, what cursed the Downs to begin with and why would a single Druidic Potion cure everything?, a gem being found in a firball, an so on).

For me, a lot these strange things didn't occur to me until I was actually running the adventure.
----

Back to topic:

Uniting all of those modules shouldn't take much effort--even if you don't have The Queen of Spiders or Scourge of the Slave Lords.

Have evidence of drow involvement early on in the modules...like messages written in undercommon or drow that the characters can't read at first. Maybe some of the NPCs in the Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh have a few documents in spidery writing.

In either case, you're going to have YEARS of play time ahead of you. I hope it goes well.

Greg V

First Post
cildarith said:
There was an entire thread devoted to mocking N2 on these boards a few years ago. Simply classic. :)

QFT. That thread was awesome. It made fun of some of the nearly inexplicable readaloud text provided for encounters in N2. I believ the excerpt in question was aboutm a group of brigands encounrered on the road.

It said something to the effect of, "A group of men approaches. They are following the road east and making good time, neither tarrying or hurrying. They could be peasants or suerfs goign from location to another for harvest season. Each carries some sort of weapon. They are not soldiers by their haphazard way of walking. They do not seem to be joking loudly or singing as they advance."

The thread then proceeded to twist off on the description of all the things they weren't doing (they are neither fat nor slim and none carries an apple pie) as well as what they were (one rides a bicycle and reads poetry, while another marches loudly in complete silence)...stuff like that. I do not even do it justice. Easily one of the funniest threads ever written. If somebody could find it and link it, that would be awesme.

diaglo

Adventurer
Ariddrake said:
Diaglo do you play 1st ed. adnd, 3rd ed., or C&C? Have any of you formed a campaign out of the classic 1st ed modules? (which ones? )
i convert everything to OD&D(1974). Original Dungeons and Dragons.
1edADnD modules are the easiest besides the Holmes edition ones (B1, B2) to convert.

edit: yes, i've played every single edition. every one from the Original version, thru 1edADnD and Holmes, and Moldvay Cook, and Mentzer, and 1edADnD with UA. and Dragonlance 1edADnD and so on and so on.

if you read the story hour in my sig. that was 3ed and then converted to the revised edition.

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
and yes, i've used all the modules in some form or fashion.

A1, 2, 3, 4
B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
C1, 2, 3, 4, 5
D1, 2, 3
G1, 2, 3
H1, 2, 3, 4
I1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
L1, 2, 3
M1, 2, 3, 4, 5
M1, 2
N1, 2, 3, 4, 5
O1, 2
Q1
R1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
S1, 2, 3, 4
T1, T1-4
U1, 2, 3
X1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
UK1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
WG3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
IM1, 2, 3
BSOLO
XSOLO
XS2
DL 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
CM 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
OA1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
CB1, 2
RS1

and so on...

diaglo

Adventurer
i'm currently using them to referee the latest OD&D(1974) campaign i've been running.

i should also add i have a few other modules from other companies too.

Remove ads