[Adult] Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, thread 2

kolvar

First Post
@Merior: could you send a list, of what you got? The suggestions of Sorn seem quite alright. Something about prostitution in general would be nice (I allways wanted to do something about the different kinds and views of prostitution, but had neither the time nor the right vocabulary)

The pregnancy rules were something riot gear wanted to do and he always said, that he got them already (in some way or another)

@Averil: What have you cut from the pregnancy rules? (again: sniff)

kolvar

First Post
@Sorn: You realy want to do something about Ovulation? it would be a pain to track for everyone playing a female character. And if it is done you would have to do pms, too. And that is something best done by the player.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
For name I prefer "Unlawful Guide to Carnal Knowledge".

Sorn said:
Certain things have been cut (like Planar Travel), but those sections didn't really have anything relevant to say anyway.

Yep, but I'd like to add, that guide is not actually finished work being edited, but 'Work in Progress' being edited. Sometimes chapters lack flavor/rules/etc. I think sometimes adding more relevant stuff would be better, than just cutting such things off.

Sorn said:

In the disease section, there have been pretty big cuts, which are not duplicated in the Core Rules. The following items are missing:

-Random Determination of Who is Diseased
-most of the magical STD's (Fiery secretion, orgasmic monster summoning, Mummy Crotch Rot, etc.) and a few of the mundane STD's. For those that have been renamed, it would probably be helpful to put the real-life names into the flavor text. But I have to agree that Satyr's Taint sounds a lot more "fantasy" than Enlarged Scrotum Syndrome.

I agree with Sorn here about those names.

Why is that other stuff missing, by accident or by purpose?

@Averil Wehstrom: Have you made any list about things you have edited out. It would be easier to compare versions in case we want to keep some stuff after all (maybe after re-writing it).

Sorn

First Post
Re: Ovulation

This is somewhat of a double-edged sword.

I don't really want to bog down female players with having to track their periods. I am married, so I know what kind of hassle this whole deal is in real life since I have to go through it with my wife every month. Both females in my gaming group would rather not have periods, and it has never come up in the game either. I think it's nice for them to get away from that hassle in the game and I also think they would kill the DM who wanted to introduce rules for that sort of thing.

However, currently the rules only state "as long as it is the right "time of the month" for the female involved, each character simply rolls a Constitution check...". What is the "right time of the month? For humans, it's easy. We all know that. However, given the different life-spans of fantasy races, should there not be a variation? In all previous literature, e.g. Elves usually have only 2 or 3 children over the course of 700+ years. Elves don't really strike me as the type that would be celibate in between, so there should be a lot more pregnant elves running around. Granted, their Fertility Check numbers reflect that, but I still think their Ovulation Cycles are more drawn out and we should have some info on this in the guide.

Another thing is length of pregnancy. I am sure halflings have a shorter pregnancy than humans. There should be some sort of table for that as well. The same table could include the Difficulty of birth/pregnancy for each race as well.

Sorn

First Post
Okay, I went and checked the original guide, and grabbed the table for length of pregnancy from there. All we need is an entry for Half-Orcs, and we are all set there. I'd like to add the average difficulty ratings for pregnancy/birth to that table as well, so I'll be thinking about that and see if I can come up with anything.

Afterthought: The current table for length of pregnancy has fixed lengths. What do you guys think about changing that to something akin to the height/weight tables in the PHB? So, for Humans, instead of stating 9mo, we could do a 7 + 1d3 months. Elves normal length of pregnancy is 24, so there could be even more variation. Half-Breeds would have the biggest variation, since it would be a mix between the two parent races. So, for a half-elf, it could be anywhere from 9 to 24 months. I kinda like a little bit of randomness, especially for something like pregnancy.

Also, as far as ovulation goes, upon re-reading the segment on conception yet another time, it finally dawned on me that ovulation is already covered in the base fertility DC, so we don't really need yet another piece of information in there. The poor half-orc women have a really short menstrual interval... I really feel sorry for their males...

Also, just as a general FYI: I obtained some more artwork, which I'll upload over the next few days. We are doing pretty well on the Prestige Classes, and I also received some (non-elven) artwork that will look great in the race chapter.

Last edited:

Merior

First Post
@kolvar: Most of what I have is very rough, basically things that I had been toying with, but I can give you an overview of some of the bits that are vaguely coherent.

"Allies of the Leaf": A LG organization of half-elves to help others of their kind through the difficulties of being both elven and human as well as aiding mixed couples. Secretly backed by a group of dwarves who see encouraging elves to crossbreed rather than have pure elven children as a painless way of gradually getting rid of that race...

"Gordon of Keiffer": A paladin who has his own method of making those cleric's he bodyguards more relaxed... Nothing in his code of conduct says that he can't act like this, so why shouldn't he?

"Malavin Schwartdotter": An evil cleric whose blackmail scheme contains a unique way of preventing her captives being rescued.

"Douglas Rosewood": Somebody who proves just what can happen when frustation becomes too much for an immature mind.

There are more, but I'm not sure if anything else is ever going to turn into something readable.

Sorn

First Post
@Merior: Sounds like a pretty cool addition to the Guide.

As far as other organziations go, my co-DM used a harem guild in one of our games, mostly used by the nobility to gather intelligence. He's an aspiring writer, so I'll ask him if he would be interested in actually writing the stuff up for the guide.

Last edited:

Remove ads