[Adult] Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, thread 2

kolvar

First Post
comming full circle, I would say. We had this idea some time ago, I believe and many others and somehow I realy would not mind, if I was not so eager to see the finished product printed on my desk.
Each new stat, we introduce, we go further away from the standard rules.

Isawa Sideshow

First Post
@kolvar:

Well, I don't know if we need to label it as a separate stat. I agree that it's something to avoid, but I think we can work around it. I'm thinking something along the lines of how the Intimidate skill is worded. "The DC is typically 10 + the target's Hit Dice." So, on the Sexual Prowess skill we just add:

"Bringing someone closer to climax involves overcoming both their stamina and their willpower. The DC is typically 10 + the target's Constitution modifier + the target's Wisdom modifier. Certain feats, sexual tricks, items, and spells can raise or lower this DC."

There. Now we have our "extra stat", but it's done completely in line with the rest of the rules set.

Next, I'll work on tweaking the sex tricks and fixing the pre-reqs on those to scale better. I don't think it should take long to do, especially if I can get input from people.

---

Also, I just finished the first draft of a brief essay on incorporating sex into a fantasy campaign. I'll post it here in a few hours - have some errands to run first today.

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
Interesting project...

I'm not sure I agree with the nature of some of the different races on sexual behaivoir. Never thought of Gnolls as matriarchal. Is that Hyena's behave?

But then Mongoose's Slayers Guide to Gnolls has heavily influenced my opinion of the race.

I'd probably make Orcs more sexual-dominance focused; less about reproduction of the strong. The old theme of Orcs raping and pillaging is just too prevelent in fantasy fiction.

What the art status for this project?

I do a bit of 3D art and have put my foot in my mouth on a number of occaisions stating that I feel there is a place for sensual imagry and eroticism in fantasy and fantasy art. So to finish putting my foot in my mouth I'd be happy to donate work to the book.

I have a gallery here:

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=arcady

And could make more images 'to order' if I liked the theme I was making them for.

Lastly... this would make a very interesting addition to PCGen :D , how 'finished' are the core aspects of it?

kolvar

First Post
Sorn is responsble for the art. If you like, you could contact him directly

PCGen: actually, I was thinking about building a data-file for this tool, but wanted to wait, till I get to see all the changes Averil made.

tanilen

First Post
I would not mind seeing some revisions done to the sex tricks system, as I do find all of the different attribute modifiers everwhelming for basic characters. Also, I am a bit confused. If I have both powerful lover, and intuitive lover, so i get to add both my strength and wisdom modifiers, plus my charisma modifier, to the sex roll, or only the highest?

I would prefer to remove the attribute tricks completely from the requisites from the other tricks, and then leave them there to be used by characters who would rather use an Attribute other than charisma to modify their roll.

As to the problem of the hooker based on a 1st level commoner, well, i think thats kinda appropriate----I mean, commoner type working gals aren't always gonna be the most skilled or talented at ther craft, thier just willing or desparate. If you are looking for a more skilled lady of the night, then use the expert class to make her a courtesan---I actually did do this, making a courtesan npc class based on the expert. it is in my orginal version of the book located on the Naked Blades sight (see link from home page)

As far as changing the arousal check, is anyone willing to do some play testing via irc? I have some concerns about it becasue it seems to take away the recieving character's save roll.

Tan

Isawa Sideshow

First Post
tanilen said:
I would not mind seeing some revisions done to the sex tricks system, as I do find all of the different attribute modifiers everwhelming for basic characters. Also, I am a bit confused. If I have both powerful lover, and intuitive lover, so i get to add both my strength and wisdom modifiers, plus my charisma modifier, to the sex roll, or only the highest?

I would prefer to remove the attribute tricks completely from the requisites from the other tricks, and then leave them there to be used by characters who would rather use an Attribute other than charisma to modify their roll.

Agreed on the prerequisites. Also, that is how the attribute tricks are supposed to work -- they replace the Charisma modifier, not stack with it.

As to the problem of the hooker based on a 1st level commoner, well, i think thats kinda appropriate----I mean, commoner type working gals aren't always gonna be the most skilled or talented at ther craft, thier just willing or desparate. If you are looking for a more skilled lady of the night, then use the expert class to make her a courtesan---I actually did do this, making a courtesan npc class based on the expert. it is in my orginal version of the book located on the Naked Blades sight

Good point. However, the 1st level commoner should at least have one or two things he or she is good at. So the question is, do we make more sex tricks available at low levels, or cut down on how many sex tricks a character can take, or some other solution?

As far as changing the arousal check, is anyone willing to do some play testing via irc? I have some concerns about it becasue it seems to take away the recieving character's save roll.

Let me know a time, server, and channel, and I'll see what I can do. Yes, it does take away the receiving character's save roll, but we could make the receiving character's save optional -- if your partner hits the DC, you can either go with it or try to resist - with a DC of their Sexual Prowess check result.

Basically the goal of streamlining the sex system (IMHO, anyway) would be to make the system even more consistent with existing d20 rules and by reducing the number of rolls and required charts as much as possible, while still keeping the "flavor" of sex.

As a side note, I think that this streamlining can be done without disrupting any other work on the book. We're not totally revamping the rules, just tweaking them and tightening them up. If we can finish it up quickly enough (playtesting on IRC should help), I think we can do it with nary a bump in production time.

Sorn

First Post
As much as I'd like to get going on the final layout and print myself a copy of the guide, I think Isawa and Tanilen are on the right track with their revisions to the sex skill. Keep going on it.

@arcady: I checked out your art gallery, and I liked what I saw. However, just about all of our existing artwork is done in B&W pencil or ink. We don't really have any CG art in there yet, so I'll have to see how we can blend your work in. I'll keep you posted. However, one area where CG might actually be preferred is magic items. We hardly have any art in there, so if you want to take a peek at the magic items we have and make some models of a few of them, that would be great. Please keep it grayscale on a white background.

Thanks,

tanilen

First Post
for the online play testing,

try looking for me at #tanilen on dalnet from between 10pm-12pm pacific coast time. I am there right now and i will try andf log in every night this week.

if you come in during this time and dont find me, e-mail me at tanilen@yahoo.com to wake me up :)

For those wishing to participate, please already have your character(s) ready to go and in a format you can e-mail to me. create them using the new rules in our net book. try and keep them around levels 3-6, but if you want to play with one of the prestige classes, thats cool too

kolvar

First Post
Because I got nothing better to do, I have build a small logging mechanism for the download of the draft file and will use it for Version 1.0, just to see, how many times it was downloaded.
implemented it for the draft-version last week
http://www.netbook-of-uck.net/counter.php

(if anybody is interested in putting sumething up to get it counted, contact me.)

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
ART FRONT:
Sorn said:
[B@arcady: I checked out your art gallery, and I liked what I saw. However, just about all of our existing artwork is done in B&W pencil or ink[/B]

Like this:
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=170592&Start=1&Artist=arcady&ByArtist=Yes
(mature viewers only)

That's just a quicky to test out some ideas. :cool:

RULES FRONT: I haven't read this guide in full. But I've followed some of the comments in this topic.

If you want this thing to be taken as anything but humor by the fan base it will need to be 'hardcore' on the d20 standards issue.

So cutting down on those tables and making the mechanics seem as much like the existing d20 mechanics as possible is a good idea.

Find a theme to stick everything to rules wise, and make it feel as d20 as possible and as non-ad&d as possible.

From a glance through the guide it looks like it's going in the right direction. Perhaps once I sit down and read it I'll see more of what's being discussed here.

I do have reservations about the section describing the practices of different races. That section should get a bit of editing to bring each race in line with popular thinking and with what seems to best match the race as described in the Monster Manual or commonly used d20 sources (if appropriate).

Last edited:

Remove ads