Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
The Zombie Soldier tears away from the spirt and hurls itself toward Eithal slamming into her with it's sword.

[sblock="Actions and OOC"]
Knotty Virtue attacks and misses the necromancer.

The remaining zombie soldier shifts away from the spirit then charges Eithal Zombie Soldier Longsword vs. Eithal AC (1d20+8=17, 1d8+3=8) it's a hit.

ROUND 2!
18: OWW 31/31
17: Zombie Soldier 1 ; dead
17: Zombie Soldier 2 ; Yimayngurr's Quarry
13: Yimayngurr 17/22 <====== Your up.
07: Necromancer ; 19 damage. -2 to attack till r2i1
07: Zombie Rotter 1
07: Zombie Rotter 2
07: Zombie Rotter 3 ; marked by Eithal
07: Zombie Rotter 4 ; marked by Eithal
02: Jade 32/32
02: Eithal 22/35
2*: Grigo 28/28 <=== Your up
01: Psais 26/26

[sblock="Stats"]
Necro AC 18; Fortitude 15, Reflex 16, Will 17
Soldier AC 18; Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 13
Rotter AC 13; Fortitude 13, Reflex 9, Will 10
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Attachments

• s-1-2a.jpg
    s-1-2a.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 81

pacdidj

First Post
Yimayngurr leaps nimbly outside the zombie's reach, hurling a javelin back at the creature in midair, but frowns as the attack flies wide of its target. Undeterred though, he quickly grabs his sling, firing 2 stones at the rotter, which, to his consternation, both miss their mark. Cursing his bad luck, Yimayngurr draws his longspear, and tries to divert the rotter's attention away from Grigo saying, "I been good eating, eh bones? Better come and get me!"

[sblock="actions"]Standard - Nimble Strike against Rotter at D8, Shifting to F8 before, +1 to attack from Prime Shot: 1d20+7=10 miss

Minor - ready sling

Spend Action Point

Standard - Twin Strike against Rotter at D8, +1 to attack from Prime Shot
Attack 1: 1d20+7=10 miss
Attack 2: 1d20+7=9 miss

Minor - Ready Longspear

Free action - Yell at the rotter to distract it from Grigo

OOC: Man I'm throwing some terrible rolls! :-S[/sblock]

[sblock=Yimayngurr stat block]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Ranger 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:12
HP:17/22, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:6/6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Twin Strike, Nimble Strike, Evasive Strike, Furious Assault,
Hunt's End

Ammo -
Javelin: 1/5
Sling: 18/20

Conditions -
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

The necromancer steps back from the spirits then circles around toward the rest of the battle.

The first of the crumbling zombies attacks Yimayngurr, the 2 by Eithal attack her one of them hitting , and the remaining one attacks Knotty Virtue but it passes through..

Necromancer shifts then moves
Rotters attack. 1 misses Yimayngurr, 2 hits Knotty Virtue but no lasting damage, 3 hits Eithal and deals 5 damage, 4 misses.

Zombie Rotters 1-4 (1d20+6=10, 1d20+6=23, 1d20+6=17, 1d20+6=7)

ROUND 2!
18: OWW 31/31
17: Zombie Soldier 2 ; Yimayngurr's Quarry
13: Yimayngurr 17/22
07: Necromancer ; 19 damage. -2 to attack till r2i1
07: Zombie Rotter 4 ; marked by Eithal
02: Jade 32/32 <====== Your up.
02: Eithal 17/35; Bloodied
2*: Grigo 28/28
01: Psais 26/26

[sblock="Stats"]
Necro AC 18; Fortitude 15, Reflex 16, Will 17
Soldier AC 18; Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 13
Rotter AC 13; Fortitude 13, Reflex 9, Will 10
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Attachments

• s-1-2b.jpg
    s-1-2b.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 86

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock="ooc DoM"]Not a big deal, but Yimayngurr should be at F8, due to the shift from Nimble Strike, and the rotter would have had to move to E8 or something to attack him.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Ah heah yah sweetie!" Eithal hears Grigo's warning and moves out of the way to give him a clear shot, but not before swinging her axe to lure the zombies away from Jade.[sblock=Actions]Fee: Mark all three adjacent zombies
Standard: Strength of Stone
Target: Zombie Soldier 2
Attack: 1d20+7=8 Miss
Move: Shift to J9

OPS: Do your worst!
elecgraystone: I've given you a clear shot as well, and the mark should at least distract them.[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
Jade's red stripes have just started to reform as she moves slightly and opens her 'mouth' again, sending a new swarm of red flying ants out over the zombies. As they do, the red stripes that cover Jade fade again.

[sblock=OCC]
Move: shift to L9
Standard action: Swarming Locusts (L10-J12); Create zone (L10-J12), enemies grant combat advantage TENT)

1d20+4=19, 1d20+4=6, 1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=5, 1d8+4=9

Soldier 1 is dead but still on the map? Rolled 4 attacks just in case he takes damage. If not ignore last attack.

If Soldier 1 takes damage, he and rotter 3 take 9 damage. If he doesn't then soldier 2 and rotter 4 take 9.

[sblock=stat block]
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Reflex: 11, Will: 15 - Speed: 6
HP: 32/32 Bloodied: 16 Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 1

Powers:
1/1 Second wind
1/1 Infernal Quills
1/1 Scattered Form
1/1 Summon Pack Wolf

-5 damage from ranged and melee attacks
Area targets are top to bottom, left to right
[/sblock][/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo ducks back behind the coffin, now that the action has moved closer. He stares into his orb and mutters softly, casting an illusion on a few of the red bugs Jade has released. The bugs on the larger zombie appear to grow to the size of roosters; some of them bite at that zombie while others scuttle off and attack the human spellcaster. [sblock="Actions and rolls"] I'll follow the same convention as Jade on area spells, left to right, top to bottom, as if reading on a page. MOVE to D5, gaining cover from the coffin, avoiding the rotter's reach.

STANDARD Grasping Shadows centered at I-12 targets necro and soldier 2. 23 hits necro's will; 11 misses zombie even with CA from Jade. 10 psychic damage and slowed TEmyNT. Creates zone H11-J13, anyone entering zone takes 5 psychic and slowed TEitsNT[/sblock]

Careful, friends; they will bite anyone!

The wizard hops around trying to avoid the giant bug's attacks. The zombie is apparently accustomed to bugs and keeps its attention on Eithal. Grigo frowns and concentrates, and one of the giant imaginary insects abandons the zombie soldier for its weaker neighbor....who simply stomps on it so hard that Grigo cannot believably maintain it.

[sblock="orb of deception"] Redirect the missed attack on the soldier to the remaining Rotter (#3?) and fail badly - rolled a 1[/sblock]

[sblock="stat block"]Initiative +0
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light
Current HP 28/28, temp HP 0. Bloodied at 14
Surge Value 7; Surges remaining 7/7; Second wind: available Orb of Deception: USED
AC 15 Fortitude 11 Reflex 15 Will 14
Speed 5
Current status effects: none
Action Points remaining: 1/1
Illusory Ambush: R10, 1target, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d6+5, and tgt -2 to atk til EOMNT
Thunderwave: CBL3, all creatures, +5 vs Fort. hit: 1d6+5 and push 2.
Grasping Shadows: BR1 within 10, all creatures, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d8+5 and slowed til EOMNT. effect: creature entering area takes 5 dmg and slowed til EOitsNT.
Fade Away: self, ImR, trigger: I take damage. effect: I am invisible til I attack or EOMNT.
Flaming Sphere: +5 vs Ref. hit: 2d6+5. Creatures starting adjacent to sphere take 1d4+5. Minor: sustain. Move: move sphere 6. Standard: attack with sphere.
Orb of deception: If an illusion spell misses a target, I can choose a new target within 3 squares of the missed target and repeat the attack with +1 atk.
Basic attacks: Basic attacks are for lesser minds; they are beneath Grigo's dignity.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
The necromancer's march toward Psais fuels the deva's anger, even as the bearded man is trying to swat grigo's hideous beetles from his robes Psais channels that anger into the Voice;
"You will not harm us! Stand back!"
The command makes the room tremble with it's unnatural volume and the loud 'crack' that follows as Psais smacks the end of his staff onto the flagstones sends the old man flying and deafens everyone in the room for half a moment. Psais' spirit raven bats at the old man's head distracting him all the more.

The threat of the necromancer delayed for a moment, Psais turns his attention to the zombies that still plague Eithal and Jade, he takes a step toward them and once more smacks the end of his staff onto the floor;
"The heavens command you, return to your graves! Mistress guide my hand."
Motes of brilliant radiant energy run across the floor from the foot of Psais' staff and erupt as they reach the zombies; dissolving the rotter on impact and throwing the soldier back.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard :ranged: Thunder of Judgement 1d20+4= 23 vs. Fort; 2d6+4= 10 thunder damage and the target is dazed until EmyNT; and I push the target 3 squares to H16.
Move Psais to H10, Sprit to I16.
Action Point :close: CD: Rebuke Undead (I8>M12) 1d20+4= 24 (crit) vs. Fort, 1d20+4+1d6= 12 vs. Fort, (used Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes); 1d10+4+2 (covenant of wrath) = 8 (16 for crit) Radiant damage and push the target 2 squares, and it is dazed until EmyNT. Rolls

Summary
Necro: 10 thunder damage, dazed until EmyNT, push to H16.
Z.Soldier 2: 16 radiant damage, dazed until EmyNT, push to L11
Z.Rotter 3: 8 Radiant damage, DEAD

I haven't accounted for vulnerabilities.[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Eithal! Jade! Incoming burst spell in 4...3.....2.....

"Ah heah yah sweetie!" Eithal hears Grigo's warning and moves out of the way to give him a clear shot, but not before swinging her axe to lure the zombies away from Jade.

Jade's red stripes have just started to reform as she moves slightly and opens her 'mouth' again, sending a new swarm of red flying ants out over the zombies. As they do, the red stripes that cover Jade fade again. These bugs bite and tear at the zombies causing one of the crumbling zombies to fall to the ground.

The necromancer shouts a dark word. And the zombie stands back up.

Grigo ducks back behind the coffin, now that the action has moved closer. He stares into his orb and mutters softly, casting an illusion on a few of the red bugs Jade has released. The bugs on the larger zombie appear to grow to the size of roosters; some of them bite at that zombie while others scuttle off and attack the human spellcaster.

Careful, friends; they will bite anyone!

The wizard hops around trying to avoid the giant bug's attacks. The zombie is apparently accustomed to bugs and keeps its attention on Eithal. Grigo frowns and concentrates, and one of the giant imaginary insects abandons the zombie soldier for its weaker neighbor....who simply stomps on it so hard that Grigo cannot believably maintain it.

The necromancer's march toward Psais fuels the deva's anger, even as the bearded man is trying to swat grigo's hideous beetles from his robes Psais channels that anger into the Voice;
"You will not harm us! Stand back!"
The command makes the room tremble with it's unnatural volume and the loud 'crack' that follows as Psais smacks the end of his staff onto the flagstones sends the old man flying and deafens everyone in the room for half a moment. Psais' spirit raven bats at the old man's head distracting him all the more.

The threat of the necromancer delayed for a moment, Psais turns his attention to the zombies that still plague Eithal and Jade, he takes a step toward them and once more smacks the end of his staff onto the floor;
"The heavens command you, return to your graves! Mistress guide my hand."
Motes of brilliant radiant energy run across the floor from the foot of Psais' staff and erupt as they reach the zombies; dissolving the rotter on impact and throwing the soldier back.

Sorry Elecgraystone, the little skull is dead, guess, i need a key. Skull is dead, Iron Cross is marked, Target is Quarry, Drops is bloodied. Cloud is dazed Blue is your zone.

Even though you didn't say it it seems like what you were planning, and I'm a nice guy so I'll let you delay till after Eithal, next time you need to either say your delaying, or pay attention to init order, or just hit your allies.

Necromancer resurects Rotter 4 immediate reaction, So I did a roll for Psais only for Psais to simply kill the rotter, again.

ROUND 3!
18: OWW 31/31 <===== Your up
17: Zombie Soldier 2 ; 30 damage Yimayngurr's Quarry bloodied dazed till r3i0
13: Yimayngurr 17/22
07: Necromancer ; 39 damage. bloodied dazed till r3i0
07: Zombie Rotter 4 ; dead
02: Jade 32/32
02: Eithal 17/35; Bloodied