Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

On Puget Sound

First Post
Yes, "in a motionless stinking heap on the floor" does count as "bunched up". Well done! I'm after the ugly wizard then.

Grigo moves along the north wall of the room until he has a clear shot at the necromancer, then casts a spell. The necromancer's own shadow suddenly rears up behind him, grows long claws and reaches for his throat. The evil human is distracted by this threat from an unexpected direction.

[sblock="Actions"]
MOVE: 5 squares to A9, avoiding the rotter's melee range.
STANDARD: Illusory Ambush vs necromancer. 21 vs Will, for 7 psychic damage.

If hit: necromancer is -2 to attack until EOmyNT. [/sblock]

[sblock="stat block"]Initiative +0
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light
Current HP 28/28, temp HP 0. Bloodied at 14
Surge Value 7; Surges remaining 7/7; Second wind: available
AC 15 Fortitude 11 Reflex 15 Will 14
Speed 5
Current status effects: none
Action Points remaining: 1/1
Illusory Ambush: R10, 1target, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d6+5, and tgt -2 to atk til EOMNT
Thunderwave: CBL3, all creatures, +5 vs Fort. hit: 1d6+5 and push 2.
Grasping Shadows: BR1 within 10, all creatures, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d8+5 and slowed til EOMNT. effect: creature entering area takes 5 dmg and slowed til EOitsNT.
Fade Away: self, ImR, trigger: I take damage. effect: I am invisible til I attack or EOMNT.
Flaming Sphere: +5 vs Ref. hit: 2d6+5. Creatures starting adjacent to sphere take 1d4+5. Minor: sustain. Move: move sphere 6. Standard: attack with sphere.
Orb of deception: If an illusion spell misses a target, I can choose a new target within 3 squares of the missed target and repeat the attack with +1 atk.
Basic attacks: Basic attacks are for lesser minds; they are beneath Grigo's dignity.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Well, Eithal did a good job but she also did a fine job of invalidating my attack. (you should kill both rotters unless they are some kind of super rotters (ref 9) :p

I can switch to a grasping claw attack instead on the soldier I guess. On second thought, I'll use the same attack, it'll just have an invalid second target.

Move: shift to K9
Standard action: Swarming Locusts (H9-J11)

Let me know if this retcon is cool and I'll edit Darwin
[/sblock]
[sblock=Sorry.]Actually, the grasping winds is vs. AC, so only one rotter dies. You still have two targets if you shift to the right location;). In either case, the lot dies in one round. Teamwork![/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais

Psais stride resolutely forward toward the centre of the room, his staff tapping on the flagstones in a regular rhythm. Taking stock of all that is going on he decides that his fellow deva had the right idea; pinning the distant enemies down would allow his companions time to deal with the closer foes.
He briefly closes his eyes as the divine markings upon his body begin to writhe and and rise from him into the air, the rich blue wisps float across the chamber and coalesce into the form of a large raven that settles it's beady eyes upon the necromancer.
[sblock=Actions]Move - Move to G11
Standard - Call Spirit Companion at I18
If rotter 2 or the necromancer move without shifting, use Ravens Claw as an Opportunity Action; +4 vs Ref; 1d10+4 damage[/sblock]

Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
Good job everyone! Kill them. Or Re-kill them. Or...whatever. Undead are grammatically confusing. But try to capture the crazy guy; he might know something.

Grigo has the sudden awful thought that this necromancer might have animated the corpse we are supposed to find; he looks at the zombies to see if any of them look like the description of the lost prince.

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
OOC: Really? I can't see their total HP anywhere, I know rotter 3 died, and 45 damage has been dealt to soldier 1 (but I dunno if that killed it), so rotter 4 and soldier 1 are still there no?

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=OCC]
Actually, the grasping winds is vs. AC, so only one rotter dies. You still have two targets if you shift to the right location;). In either case, the lot dies in one round. Teamwork!
LOL The only way I can hit both of them with you in the middle is to hit you for 12 damage too. I'll stick with just killing the soldier. ;)[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=Fragsie]By my count, rotter 1, 2 and 4, soldier 2 and the neco are still up. Rotter 3 and soldier 1 should be dead.

That means your attack would only target rotter 4.[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Eithal! Can you bunch those three up, so I can hit them all at once?

Jade opens her 'mouth' and a swarm of red flying ants comes pouring out. As they do, the red stripes that cover Jade fade, turning her all black. The ants quickly cover the soldier and the area around him.

"Whah Ah decleah! Hayow dayah yew hit a lady!? Well li'l ole Eithal needs ta teach yew some mayanahs."

In one fluid stroke, Eithal draws the axe from her massive back and brings the blade down on the zombie. The blade lodges in the undead mass of bone and sinew. She swings around to the side of the horrid creature, pulling him along as she does so. With heroic effort, she pulls the blade free from the zombie, ripping out pieces of its flesh as she does, causing it to stagger back. Eithal turns to Jade, "Don' yew worrih 'bout ole Eithal, honey. Yew jus' go aftah thayat eaval lookin' fellah in the cohnah!"
"Don't you worry about old Eithal, honey. You just go after that evil-looking fellow in the corner!"

Eithal hollers back to Grigo, "Will theyis dew!?"

[sblock="ACtions and OOC"]

Sorry about the lack of mid round updates, I can't do this at work right now so only in the late evenings central time.
H.M. The compendium says that Grasping Winds targets 1 creature, not all in burst...

None of the judges I have on IM are online right now so for now I'm going with the compendium... Zombie Soldier is dead, Rotters untouched.

And I'll let Grigo, Psais and OWW change their actions if they need to. Sorry about the delay all, I just looked it up and noticed that.

18: OWW 31/31
17: Zombie Soldier 1 ; dead
17: Zombie Soldier 2 ; Yimayngurr's Quarry
13: Yimayngurr 17/22
07: Necromancer ; 12 damage.
07: Zombie Rotter 1
07: Zombie Rotter 2
07: Zombie Rotter 3 ; marked by Eithal
07: Zombie Rotter 4 ; marked by Eithal
02: Jade 32/32
02: Eithal 26/35+4
2*: Grigo 28/28 <=== Your up