Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock="initiative"]Initiative - 1d20+4=13
I'm assuming the surprised man has not replied to OWW's question...[/sblock]

"I been know we find walking bones down in here. No good can come from this mates!" Yimayngurr drops into a wide stance and takes aim at the front-most zombie, for a long-ranged javelin throw.

[sblock="minor action"]Hunter's Quarry against the zombie at H16.[/sblock]

Yimayngurr notes the zombie's distraction by the sudden appearance of Knotty Virtue. As the iridescent serpent shimmers into being, Yimayngurr takes advantage of the opportunity to attack. Pursing his lips together, he gives the bubbling hunting cry of a Rripangu tribesman as the javelin is launched from his spear thrower, "Dbbbrrr!"

[sblock="free attack"]Yimayngurr makes a long-range, basic attack with a thrown javelin, granted by OWW's Claw's of the Eagle.

1d20+4 vs. AC: 1d20+4=10

This is likely a miss, but if it does hit it deals 2d6+4 damage.

OOC: Hopefully we won't anger the man too much by taking down one of the zombies if he does turn out to be non-hostile :]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Yimayngurr stat block]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Ranger 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:12
HP:22/22, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:6/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Twin Strike, Nimble Strike, Evasive Strike, Furious Assault,
Hunt's End

Conditions:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=OCC]
Eithal can only take one action since this is a surprise round.

You can leave the rotters to me since they can't hurt me. So I don't mind in the least if they swarm me. If you can take care of the soldiers, I can play with the bottom rotters. :)

Also necro = bad. Anyone that wants to get his attention is more than welcome.

oh, and blazing Initiative everyone! It's just wrong that someone tied me AND I beat someone. :p
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OCC]
Eithal can only take one action since this is a surprise round.

You can leave the rotters to me since they can't hurt me. So I don't mind in the least if they swarm me. If you can take care of the soldiers, I can play with the bottom rotters. :)

Also necro = bad. Anyone that wants to get his attention is more than welcome.

oh, and blazing Initiative everyone! It's just wrong that someone tied me AND I beat someone. :p
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Retconned appropriately. Sorry forgot that SR's are only limited to a single action.[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Grigo looks over the man amoungst the zombies and quickly relizes that the man is far to old to be the noble you are searching for.

[sblock="Religion 15, Anyone"]
You recongnize the man's robes and markings to be that of The Cult of Zal'Ekthees, demon lord of undeath. They seek to transform the entire world to undeath and hope that by assisting Zal'Ekthees will grant them unlife as free willed undead.
[/sblock]

"A living man?" says One-Who-Waits. "And yet it is not impossible that this is a spirit, despite appearances. Let this one find out whether this is so." He therefore speaks to the man in Old Allarian, figuring that if he is in fact a spirit attached to the place, he will understand this language.

[sblock=One-Who-Waits in Old Allarian]"Honored stranger, if this company is violating the rules of this place, know that it is only to retrieve that which does not belong here; this company intends to despoil nothing, take nothing that the elder spirits might value. This humble seeker would request aid, or at least patience, while this company seeks the young man who entered here not long ago."[/sblock]

OWW summons his spirit companion next to the man.
[sblock="OOC"] What's Knotty Virtue look like?[/sblock]

Yimayngurr launchs a javelin at the zombie, but his throw falls short.

Jade bravely charges into the room.

Eithal looks strangely at One-Who-Waits as if he may be possessed, then turns to the man and speaks up (rather loudly since she's calling across the room), "Y'all'll hayeve ta exkews mah li'l ole feayend heya," she makes an exaggerated gesticulation in order to identify OWW, "He's a li'l on the spooky sahd. Nah Ah don't undastayand what he jus' sayed, but We'ah not heya ta hahm ya. We'ah heya ta fahnd out what hayppened to a mayan who came down heah befowah and dissapeyahd. Then we'll jus' be own ah li'l ole way."

Grigo and Psais make their way into the room.

The man looks at your group seemingly not understanding One-Who-Wait's nor Eithal's speech, "Looks like you've all wandered in someplace you shouldn't be. This isn't about you, but naturally can't have you all telling anyone. Purely business hope you understand." He shouts to the zombies. "Get them"

[sblock=Status]

OWW is up, then the Zombie Soldiers

*Thanks for correcting that H.M.

18: OWW 31/31
17: Zombie Soldier 1
17: Zombie Soldier 2 ; Yimayngurr's Quarry
13: Yimayngurr 22/22
07: Necromancer
07: Zombie Rotter 1
07: Zombie Rotter 2
07: Zombie Rotter 3
07: Zombie Rotter 4
02: Jade 32/32
02: Eithal 35/35
2*: Grigo 28/28
01: Psais 26/26

[/sblock]

Attachments

• s-1-1b.jpg
    s-1-1b.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
Yimayngurr's turn:

The man looks at your group seemingly not understanding One-Who-Wait's nor Eithal's speech, "Looks like you've all wandered in someplace you shouldn't be. This isn't about you, but naturally can't have you all telling anyone. Purely business hope you understand." He shouts to the zombies. "Get them"[/sblock]

Yimayngurr move's toward the cover of the coffins. He sets his sights on the elderly man, recognizing only his hostility, not his affiliation (Religion: 1d20=14), but assuming nonetheless that he may be dangerous. He barks back at the man, "We got business down here as well, eh? Looks like we gonna have ta stick you first though, ya pesky bugger! Dbbbrrrr!!"

Yimayngurr lets two javelins fly, both directed at the Necromancer.

[sblock="actions"]Move - move 6 squares to E7.

Standard - Twin Strike, both attacks directed at the necro:
Attack 1 - 1d20+6=17 vs. AC
Attack 2 - 1d20+6=8 vs. AC

Should the first attack hit, Yimayngurr will use furious assault for an additional 1d6 damage, for a total of 2d6.[/sblock]

[sblock=Yimayngurr stat block]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Ranger 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:12
HP:22/22, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:6/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Twin Strike, Nimble Strike, Evasive Strike, Furious Assault,
Hunt's End

Conditions:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
OOC: fluff for surprise round as well. On Knotty Virtue's appearance, he is described below, but it would be reasonable for him to look different to people from different "primal" cultures (he should be an animal that seems both wise and dangerous).

"This one has need," murmurs One-Who-Waits, and a blue mist drifts from his embroidered ball, rapidly coalescing between the strange man and one of the zombies to form a shimmering blue serpent. It floats in the air, its coils constantly moving, weaving ever-changing patterns. Its tail flicks insubstantially through the body of the zombie near it, forming a little circle, as though it is drawing a target on the creature's chest. It addresses Yimayngurr in a language strange to him, although the import of its words is readily understood:

[sblock=Knotty Virtue, in Old Allarian]"Throw, hunter!"[/sblock]

It then lunges savagely at the man, its hazy teeth drawing blood. It seems to become more solid and substantial after the strike.

[sblock=actions]Standard: stalker's strike on the necro. attack vs. fort; damage (1d20+6=25, 1d10+5=12). Knotty Virtue can flank with the party until the end of my next turn (I'm assuming that hit).

Interrupt: if any of OWW's friends takes enough damage to be dying, OWW will use bonds of the clan to prevent it, assuming that it won't result in OWW himself falling over, as that would be bad.

religion check (1d20+7=24).[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]One-Who-Waits Male Deva Shaman 2
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:16
(+1 to defenses against attacks by bloodied enemies)
Resist Necrotic 6, Radiant 6
HP:31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Stalker's Strike
Claws of the Eagle

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Twin Panthers
Bonds of the Clan
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood

Conditions:

Full sheet: One-Who-Waits[/sblock]

[sblock=Spirit Effects (IMPORTANT TO DM AND PCS)]
A reminder of the effects that the spirit (Knotty Virtue) has on combat. The first three are important to players.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who starts their turn adjacent to Knotty Virtue can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who is adjacent to Knotty Virtue gains a +4 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Knotty Virtue occupies 1 square. Allies can move through its space but enemies cannot.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Knotty Virtue without shifting is subject to an opportunity attack (the Spirit's Fangs power).
  • Knotty Virtue has the same defense values as One-Who-Waits and can be targeted by attacks.
  • If a single attack deals 11 or more damage to Knotty Virtue, the spirit disappears and One-Who-Waits takes 6 damage. Otherwise Knotty Virtue is unaffected by attacks.
  • When One-Who-Waits takes a move action, he can move Knotty Virtue up to 6 squares as well.
  • Knotty Virtue is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I think Hunter's Quarry has to be the closest enemy. At the moment, that's unfortunately a silly rotter.

Oops. :blush: Yeah, still learning 4E. I edited my post to remove HQ. So, I suppose that leaves the zombie soldier who starts the round at H16 as my quarry. Thanks for catching that![/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=DoM]Are we following initiative order? In that case, 2 soldiers have a turn to be retconned between OOW and Yimayngurr.[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC"]

You do not have to post in init order I will work the order around when I do the results, however, it is very beneficial for you to wait till after the monsters for your actions so things don't change...

Hunter's Quarry does indeed only apply to the nearest thing.

I'll post the monsters actions as soon as I can, my computer failed last night and I lost the map, wasn't saved,
[/sblock]

Remove ads