Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Psais will bring up the rear so that Grigo has a little protection in case we get ambushed from behind.[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Soon the layer of dirt on the floor is so thin there is no trail left to follow.

You continue to track through the winding maze like passages old ancient bones everywhere.

Carrying on you round a few more corners when suddenly you surprise a man and a group of zombies.

The man seems genuinely surprised to see you here, the zombies of course have no expression.

[sblock="Map"]
web server doesn't like me tonight, I'll upload map tomorrow.
[/sblock]

[sblock="OOC"]
Your group has surprise, I need an init roll and a Standard action from each of you.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• s-1-1.jpg
    s-1-1.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 106

On Puget Sound

First Post
When the trail runs out I will use my dagger to begin scratching a mark in the wall or floor (whichever is soft enough to show a mark) every 10 to 20 feet so we can find our way back. I wasn't planning to fight with it anyway....

GRIGO: Init 19

(I notice I did not specify which of my two dailies is prepared for today. It will be Flaming Sphere, and I will not use it in this encounter).

FREE ACTION: Look at the human and see if he looks like the noble we're trying to retrieve. If so, shout a warning to the team not to kill him; that would be embarrassing.

STANDARD: delay until after Eithal moves. If she moves in, move in after her to E5 or D5, crouching behind the coffinlike structure for cover. If she stays in the hallway, stay behind her and ready Illusory Ambush for the first enemy that gets within 10 squares of me.

NOTE: The gnome Reactive Stealth ability lets me.....duh, except I have a Sunrod tied to the back of my head. Neeeeeever mind....

[sblock="stat block"]Initiative +0
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light
Current HP 28/28, temp HP 0. Bloodied at 14
Surge Value 7; Surges remaining 7/7; Second wind: available
AC 15 Fortitude 11 Reflex 15 Will 14
Speed 5
Current status effects: none
Action Points remaining: 1/1
Illusory Ambush: R10, 1target, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d6+5, and tgt -2 to atk til EOMNT
Thunderwave: CBL3, all creatures, +5 vs Fort. hit: 1d6+5 and push 2.
Grasping Shadows: BR1 within 10, all creatures, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d8+5 and slowed til EOMNT. effect: creature entering area takes 5 dmg and slowed til EOitsNT.
Fade Away: self, ImR, trigger: I take damage. effect: I am invisible til I attack or EOMNT.
Flaming Sphere: +5 vs Ref. hit: 2d6+5. Creatures starting adjacent to sphere take 1d4+5. Minor: sustain. Move: move sphere 6. Standard: attack with sphere.
Orb of deception: If an illusion spell misses a target, I can choose a new target within 3 squares of the missed target and repeat the attack with +1 atk.
Basic attacks: Basic attacks are for lesser minds; they are beneath Grigo's dignity.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
(Assuming that the man does not, in fact, look like the fellow we are trying to find:)

"A living man?" says One-Who-Waits. "And yet it is not impossible that this is a spirit, despite appearances. Let this one find out whether this is so." He therefore speaks to the man in Old Allarian, figuring that if he is in fact a spirit attached to the place, he will understand this language.

[sblock=One-Who-Waits in Old Allarian]"Honored stranger, if this company is violating the rules of this place, know that it is only to retrieve that which does not belong here; this company intends to despoil nothing, take nothing that the elder spirits might value. This humble seeker would request aid, or at least patience, while this company seeks the young man who entered here not long ago."[/sblock]

[sblock=actions and initiative]OWW will believe the man to be a spirit of the place only if he (a) answers him in Old Allarian and (b) his Old Allarian is that of a native speaker rather than a scholar who has learned it from books (OWW should be able to tell the difference, having led many lives, and having a companion spirit that speaks Old Allarian). If OWW believes the man to be a spirit, he takes no actions against him unless the party has already begun hostilities.

initiative (1d20+2=18). (Rolls are under the name "OWW.")

Free: call Knotty Virtue (spirit companion) into H17.

Standard: Claws of the Eagle granting Yimayngurr a basic (ranged) attack on the zombie at H16. If it hits, said zombie grants CA until end of my next turn. If Yimayngurr is not in range to do this when my initiative comes up (within 3 squares either of OWW or Knotty Virtue) I'll change the action.[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]One-Who-Waits Male Deva Shaman 2
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:16
(+1 to defenses against attacks by bloodied enemies)
Resist Necrotic 6, Radiant 6
HP:31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Stalker's Strike
Claws of the Eagle

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Twin Panthers
Bonds of the Clan
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood

Conditions:

Full sheet: One-Who-Waits[/sblock]

[sblock=Spirit Effects (IMPORTANT TO DM AND PCS)]
A reminder of the effects that the spirit (Knotty Virtue) has on combat. The first three are important to players.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who starts their turn adjacent to Knotty Virtue can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who is adjacent to Knotty Virtue gains a +4 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Knotty Virtue occupies 1 square. Allies can move through its space but enemies cannot.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Knotty Virtue without shifting is subject to an opportunity attack (the Spirit's Fangs power).
  • Knotty Virtue has the same defense values as One-Who-Waits and can be targeted by attacks.
  • If a single attack deals 11 or more damage to Knotty Virtue, the spirit disappears and One-Who-Waits takes 6 damage. Otherwise Knotty Virtue is unaffected by attacks.
  • When One-Who-Waits takes a move action, he can move Knotty Virtue up to 6 squares as well.
  • Knotty Virtue is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

elecgraystone

First Post
Jade charges out into the room towards the zombies.

[sblock=OCC]
Move Action: Move to M9

1d20=2

2 rolled for initiative.

[sblock=stat block]
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Reflex: 11, Will: 15 - Speed: 6
HP: 32/32 Bloodied: 16 Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 1

Powers:
1/1 Second wind
1/1 Infernal Quills
1/1 Scattered Form
1/1 Summon Pack Wolf

-5 damage from ranged and melee attacks
[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=One-Who-Waits in Old Allarian]"Honored stranger, if this company is violating the rules of this place, know that it is only to retrieve that which does not belong here; this company intends to despoil nothing, take nothing that the elder spirits might value. This humble seeker would request aid, or at least patience, while this company seeks the young man who entered here not long ago."[/sblock]

Eithal looks strangely at One-Who-Waits as if he may be possessed, then turns to the man and speaks up (rather loudly since she's calling across the room), "Y'all'll hayeve ta exkews mah li'l ole feayend heya," she makes an exaggerated gesticulation in order to identify OWW, "He's a li'l on the spooky sahd. Nah Ah don't undastayand what he jus' sayed, but We'ah not heya ta hahm ya. We'ah heya ta fahnd out what hayppened to a mayan who came down heah befowah and dissapeyahd. Then we'll jus' be own ah li'l ole way."

[sblock=For those who chose "Deep Southern Belle" as their language]"You all will have to excuse my little old friend here. He's a little on the spooky side. Now I don't understand what he just said, but we're not here to harm you. We're here to find out what happened to a man who came down here before and disappeard. Then we'll just be on our little old way."[/sblock][sblock=Actions]With a -1, I'm not even going to roll Diplomacy to find out if the dice are any better than Eithal's words.

Move: She walks over to I9.
Initiative: 1d20+0=2 (I'm right there with you Jade!)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais

Psais purposefully walks into the chamber, keeping his eyes on the living people before the group, unfortunately he is so intrigued at the existence of the man down here that he almost blatantly ignores the zombies that threaten the group of adventurers.

OOC: Initiative 1d20+0=1 :eek::.-(, surprise action = move to I4.

Remove ads