Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Well, then we have a problem

Yimayngurr is indead out of range. So all that pain goes to Jade... or well 7 damage does.

I want to know that this doesn't change his plans for moving.
Well, that all depends. Was that damage ranged or melee damage? If so that's only 2 damage to her and she keeps going. If it's not either and she takes the full 7, she'll stay put.[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock=OOC]Well, that all depends. Was that damage ranged or melee damage? If so that's only 2 damage to her and she keeps going. If it's not either and she takes the full 7, she'll stay put.[/sblock]

It's 2 attack, each ranged 1 for 7 damaged down to 2 with your resist, and one for 10 down to 5 with your resist, for a total of 7 damage.

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Oh, you'd only said 7 in the last post...

Well, it doesn't matter if it's 2 attacks. As long as my damage reduction is working on their attacks, I move. I can't do a lot sitting back since I'm melee and I'll get targeted anyway since I'm in front. This way I'll at least be able to attack back. [/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Psais steps forward lowering his staff at the otherworldly horror banishing it back to nothingness with holy light.

Jade slips into the room and claws at the next closest creature but it dodges out of the way.

Another small horror emerges from around the corner striking out at Jade but missing.

The wispy blue creature swirls around, it points a tencacle with an eye at the end directly at Grigo looking deeply into him. Grigo feels the creature moving around in his brain. It then flys across the room.

[sblock=Action]

Jade, Psais killed the Fell Taint at F6 right before your init, so I did your attack after your move not before, either way it's a miss against either drone.

Fell Taint 1 misses Jade Tendril Carress vs Jade (1d20=10)

Fell Taint Wisp hit Grigo for 5 psychic damage Tendril Flick vs Grigo (1d20+5=23, 1d4+3=5)

25 Fell Taint Drone 4
25 Fell Taint Drone 5 Dead
22 Yimayngurr 22/22
22 One who Waits 31/31
22 Fell Taint Pulsar 2
19 Fell Taint Pulsar 1
15 Psais 26/26
09 Jade 25/32
09 Fell Taint Drone 1
09 Fell Taint Drone 3
08 Fell Taint Drone 2
07 Fell Taint Wisp 1
06 Eithal 33/35 <===== Your up
05 Grigo 23/28 <===== Your up
05 Fell Taint Thought Eater 1

[/sblock]

[sblock=Normal Map]
s-2-n1e.png

[/sblock]

[sblock=Darkvision Map]
s-2-d1e.png

[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal runs to Jade's side. She says nothing, but attempts to distract one of the fell creatures from doing any more harm to her new friend. The axe cuts only the air, but it does get the drone's attention.

[sblock=Actions]Move: I8
Standard: Strength of Stone
Target: Drone at H9
Attack: 1d20+7=10 Miss
Free: Mark the drone at H9[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo stepped forward for a better view and focused his attention on the orb in his hand. A tiny glowing spark swelled until the whole orb glowed a brilliant yellow-orange, then burst out. It landed between two of the tentacled monsters as a three foot diameter floating fireball. The miniature sun licked out toward the fell taints, then hovered menacingly awaiting Grigo's command. The orb's spark was gone; it would take several hours to restore it. Careful; this one's real. It will burn you if you get close!

Without waiting to see the results, Grigo quickly cast again. This time he took a perilous journey inside the surface layers of a third creature's thoughts, and implanted an image of an impossible four-dimensional object that contains itself. The pulsar, intrigued by the possibility, began fumbling with its tentacles trying to duplicate the image. Although this distraction fell far short of Grigo's hope that it would swallow itself, it did tie it up in knots. Mess with my mind? We'll see about that!

[sblock="actions"]Move: to E7
Standard: Summon Flaming Sphere in I10, attacking Fell Taint 4. Roll 7 misses.
Action Point, Standard: Illusory Ambush on Fell Taint Pulsar 2. Roll 25 vs Will - natural 20, crit for 11 damage and Pulsar 2 gets -2 to attacks til end of Grigo's next turn.
Fell Taints 3 and 4 will each take 1d4+5 fire damage at the start of their turns. So will anything else that starts its turn next to the sphere - allies take note.[/sblock]

[sblock="statblock"]Initiative +0
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light
Current HP 28/28, temp HP 0. Bloodied at 14
Surge Value 7; Surges remaining 7/7; Second wind: available Orb of Deception: USED
AC 15 Fortitude 11 Reflex 15 Will 14
Speed 5
Current status effects: none
Action Points remaining: 1/1
Illusory Ambush: R10, 1target, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d6+5, and tgt -2 to atk til EOMNT
Thunderwave: CBL3, all creatures, +5 vs Fort. hit: 1d6+5 and push 2.
Grasping Shadows: BR1 within 10, all creatures, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d8+5 and slowed til EOMNT. effect: creature entering area takes 5 dmg and slowed til EOitsNT.
Fade Away: self, ImR, trigger: I take damage. effect: I am invisible til I attack or EOMNT.
Flaming Sphere: +5 vs Ref. hit: 2d6+5. Creatures starting adjacent to sphere take 1d4+5. Minor: sustain. Move: move sphere 6. Standard: attack with sphere.
Orb of deception: If an illusion spell misses a target, I can choose a new target within 3 squares of the missed target and repeat the attack with +1 atk.
Basic attacks: Basic attacks are for lesser minds; they are beneath Grigo's dignity.[/sblock]

[sblock="GM question"] What happens if I become invisible while carrying a light source? (there is also a light spell active covering part of the terrain, but I'm just curious)[/sblock]

[sblock="ooc to players"] Just because I'm burning my daily doesn't mean everyone should. These things looked nasty, especially to Grigo, but I'm sure we have worse to face.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Psais steps forward lowering his staff at the otherworldly horror banishing it back to nothingness with holy light.

Jade slips into the room and claws at the next closest creature but it dodges out of the way.

Another small horror emerges from around the corner striking out at Jade but missing.

The wispy blue creature swirls around, it points a tencacle with an eye at the end directly at Grigo looking deeply into him. Grigo feels the creature moving around in his brain. It then flys across the room.

Eithal runs to Jade's side. She says nothing, but attempts to distract one of the fell creatures from doing any more harm to her new friend. The axe cuts only the air, but it does get the drone's attention.

Grigo stepped forward for a better view and focused his attention on the orb in his hand. A tiny glowing spark swelled until the whole orb glowed a brilliant yellow-orange, then burst out. It landed between two of the tentacled monsters as a three foot diameter floating fireball. The miniature sun licked out toward the fell taints, then hovered menacingly awaiting Grigo's command. The orb's spark was gone; it would take several hours to restore it. Careful; this one's real. It will burn you if you get close!

Without waiting to see the results, Grigo quickly cast again. This time he took a perilous journey inside the surface layers of a third creature's thoughts, and implanted an image of an impossible four-dimensional object that contains itself. The Pulsar feels at home by the image and is disappointed that it can't be replicated in this universe. Mess with my mind? We'll see about that!

Another horror floats around the corner as it looks at Jade the world looks foggy to Jade and she begins to wonder why to even continue none of this matters, Jade feels very listless.

The flames of the flaming sphere lash out at the Drone next to Jade and Eithal but the drone happens to be imaginary at that moment.

The creature turns on Eithal but does not turn real quickly enough to catch Eithal.

[sblock=Action]
What happens if I become invisible while carrying a light source? (there is also a light spell active covering part of the terrain, but I'm just curious)

I'm going to rule that if you go invisible that your light does as well.

Fell Taint Thought Eater Spirit Haze vs. Jade Will (1d20+6=16, 1d4+5=9) Jade takes 4 of that and is Dazed till the end of the thought eaters next turn.

Fell Taint Drone 4 Tendril Carress vs. Eithal (1d20+5=8)

Round 2
25 Fell Taint Drone 4
25 Fell Taint Drone 5 Dead
22 Yimayngurr 22/22 <========Your Up
22 One who Waits 31/31 <======= Your up
22 Fell Taint Pulsar 2 11 damage -2 to attack till r2i4
19 Fell Taint Pulsar 1
15 Psais 26/26
09 Jade 21/32 Dazed till r2i4
09 Fell Taint Drone 1
09 Fell Taint Drone 3
08 Fell Taint Drone 2
07 Fell Taint Wisp 1
06 Eithal 33/35
05 Grigo 23/28
05 Fell Taint Thought Eater 1

[/sblock]

[sblock=Normal Map]
s-2-n1f.png

[/sblock]

[sblock=Darkvision Map]
s-2-d1f.png

[/sblock]

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
Crouching behind the corner, Yimayngurr readies his sling, listening to the sounds of the battle. When the moment is right, he springs out from his cover, firing a sling bullet, and one of the tendriled horrors, and tapping into his rage and fear to strengthen his resolve and focus his aim: "Dbbrrr!!..."

The bullet flies true and slams through the unnatural horror, leaving it looking much worse for the wear, but still somewhat substantial. Unnerved by the creatures' resiliency and numbers, Yimayngurr quickly moves back to the cover of the catacomb wall.

[sblock="actions"]Standard - Evasive Strike vs. Pulsar at H13, shifting to G6 before, and using furious assault (though it doesn't seem to do much good, I think the damage is reduced to 5 due to insubstantiality): Attack=17, Damage=11

Move - Back to D7[/sblock]

[sblock=Yimayngurr stat block]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Ranger 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:12
HP:22/22, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:5/6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Twin Strike, Nimble Strike, Evasive Strike - used, Furious Assault - used,
Hunt's End

Ammo -
Javelin: 4/5
Sling: 19/20

Conditions -
[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
[sblock="DoM"]Just a reminder, Pulsar 2 is also -2 to attack (unless your editing meant that it is immune to Illusion effect from my critical hit?)[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

[sblock=On Puget Sound]
No, I just forgot to record the -2 to attack in my post it's in my notes, don't worries.[/sblock]

Remove ads