Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=Action]
Jade, Psais killed the Fell Taint at F6 right before your init, so I did your attack after your move not before, either way it's a miss against either drone.
If something like this happens again, could you charge with me instead of move and attack? Don't know if a 14 was any better than a 13 to hit, but I'll take any bonus I can get. :)[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
One-Who-Waits moves sedately into the room as Knotty Virtue streaks ahead of him to strike at another of the creatures.

[sblock=actions]Move: OWW moves to G6.

Minor: dismiss spirit companion.

Free: call spirit companion in E11.

Standard: Stalker's Strike on Fell Taint Thought (E12). stalker's strike vs. fort; damage (1d20+6=19, 1d10+5=6). Hit means that Knotty Virtue can flank until the end of my next turn. (Damage is probably insignificant.)[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]One-Who-Waits Male Deva Shaman 2
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:16
(+1 to defenses against attacks by bloodied enemies)
Resist Necrotic 6, Radiant 6
HP:31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Stalker's Strike
Claws of the Eagle

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Twin Panthers
Bonds of the Clan
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood

Conditions:

Full sheet: One-Who-Waits[/sblock]
[sblock=Spirit Effects (IMPORTANT TO DM AND PCS)]
A reminder of the effects that the spirit (Knotty Virtue) has on combat. The first three are important to players.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who starts their turn adjacent to Knotty Virtue can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who is adjacent to Knotty Virtue gains a +4 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Knotty Virtue occupies 1 square. Allies can move through its space but enemies cannot.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Knotty Virtue without shifting is subject to an opportunity attack (the Spirit's Fangs power).
  • Knotty Virtue has the same defense values as One-Who-Waits and can be targeted by attacks.
  • If a single attack deals 11 or more damage to Knotty Virtue, the spirit disappears and One-Who-Waits takes 6 damage. Otherwise Knotty Virtue is unaffected by attacks.
  • When One-Who-Waits takes a move action, he can move Knotty Virtue up to 6 squares as well.
  • Knotty Virtue is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Crouching behind the corner, Yimayngurr readies his sling, listening to the sounds of the battle. When the moment is right, he springs out from his cover, firing a sling bullet, and one of the tendriled horrors, and tapping into his rage and fear to strengthen his resolve and focus his aim: "Dbbrrr!!..."

The bullet flies true and slams through the unnatural horror, leaving it looking much worse for the wear, but still somewhat substantial. Unnerved by the creatures' resiliency and numbers, Yimayngurr quickly moves back to the cover of the catacomb wall.

One-Who-Waits moves sedately into the room as Knotty Virtue streaks ahead of him to strike at another of the creatures.

The pulsar that Yimayngurr struck flashs and Jade and Eithal dodge as they feel something rush past them, however One who waits is struck and feels a flurry of tentacles fishing around in his brain.

The other Pulsar flashes with an internal light and Eithal is struck furiously by the same flurry of tendrils they swirl under her skin and fish around her brain.

[sblock=Action]
Pulsar 2 takes 5 damage from Yimayngurr's Evasive Strike

OWW's attack hits the Thought Eater for 3 damage

Fell Taint Pulsar 2 Recharge (1d6=6)

Tendril Flurry vs. Eithal, Jade and One-who-Waits (1d20+4-2=3, 2d4+1=6)
Other to rolls (1d20+4-2=9, 1d20+4-2=18) One-who-waits takes 6 damage

Pulsar 1 Tendril Flurry vs. Eithal, Jade, One-who-waits (1d20+4=24, 1d20+4=9, 1d20+2=9, 2d4+1=8) Crit vs Eithal, miss Jade and One-who-waits.

Round 2
25 Fell Taint Drone 4;
25 Fell Taint Drone 5; Dead
22 Yimayngurr 22/22
22 One who Waits 25/31
22 Fell Taint Pulsar 2; 16 damage -2 to attack till r2i4
19 Fell Taint Pulsar 1;
15 Psais 26/26 <============ Your up
09 Jade 21/32 Dazed till r2i4 <============ your up
09 Fell Taint Drone 1;
09 Fell Taint Drone 3;
08 Fell Taint Drone 2;
07 Fell Taint Wisp 1;
06 Eithal 24/35
05 Grigo 23/28
05 Fell Taint Thought Eater; 3 damage

[/sblock]

[sblock=Normal Map]
s-2-n2a.png
Ignore that spot way ove there, it's left over from the darkvision map
[/sblock]

[sblock=Darkvision Map]
s-2-d2a.png

[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais stalks forward through the crowd of his allies, ignoring the whipping tendril of one of the aberrant horrors along his path. Once at the battle line's front the deva calls out in the Voice, making the room seem to shake with power.

"Be Purged by Fire,
Be Cleansed by Ice.
Only the Purity of Sapphire,
And Ruby's Heat Will Suffice.
"

On the last syllable Psais strikes his new staff upon the ground, calling upon the magic within it. As the gem at the staff's head begins to glow a tornado of flames and blizzard like snow erupt forth, covering half the room in a torrent of intense heat and cold simultaneously.

[sblock=Actions]
Move - >K10 receiving OA from Fell Taint 4
Free - Activate Staff of the Warmage power (increase blast or burst size by 1)
Standard - :close: Invocation of Ice and Fire, blast 6 H11 - M16; 1d20+5 vs. Reflex;
vs. Pulsar 2 = 25 (CRIT)
vs. Taint 2 = 16
vs. Taint 3 = 1
vs. Wisp 1 = 25 (CRIT)
vs. Pulsar 1 = 18
2d6+5 = 14 cold and fire damage (22 on crits); (incl + 5 for covenant of wrath) Rolls
The blast creates a zone of flaming hail that lasts until the end of my next turn. Any creature that starts its turn within the zone takes 5 cold and fire damage.[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
Jade shakes her head as she tries to clear it after the hit she took. Seeing the flaming orb attacking the target she was already attacking she turns to another and claws it as she tries to attack the shamans spirit.

[sblock=OCC]
Standard action: Grasping Claw on fell taint 1

1d20+4=24, 1d8+4=6

24(crit) vs ref on Fell Taint 5 for 12 points damage.

[sblock=stat block]
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Reflex: 11, Will: 15 - Speed: 6
HP: 21/32 Bloodied: 16 Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 1

Powers:
1/1 Second wind
1/1 Infernal Quills
1/1 Scattered Form
1/1 Summon Pack Wolf

-5 damage from ranged and melee attacks
Area targets are top to bottom, left to right
[/sblock][/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
[sblock="ooc"]a run would give -5 to the attack rolls, as well as make the AoO more risky. not happen, as the danger square could be avoided. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads