Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Grigo listens intently to the description of the mission. How much of his body do you require for this ritual? I'm guessing this happened at least 3 weeks ago, and it will be 3 more weeks before we can arrive at the ruin. Assuming the body has not been devoured, it is unlikely to be in very fresh condition.

"Something's wrong... The ritual to bring back the dead only works for a month after death. If it's going to take three weeks to get there i don't see how this is going to work."

Indeed this is cause for concern, does your lord have a more reliable means of resurrecting his son?"

"Your calculations are based upon a misguided assumption. I was alerted by magic in Daunton. The lad has been missing but 4 days. Though your concerns are justified, that is why the need for haste."

If we can bring back just a small part it will be a less messy job, though I do know a ritual for making a magical sled to tow it back on if needed.

"I am not familiar in the ways of magic, though you appear as if you are, perhaps you can tell me the capabilities Lauto's preists"

[sblock="Religion 10"] Yes you can preform a raise dead with only a portion of the body.
[/sblock]

""Is Lord Thorman; our gracious employer, of the New Allarian League, or of some other kingdom of Allaria?""

"Lord Thorman, and myself, are indeed of the New Allarian League, The marriage is to forge an alliance with a smaller kingdom not within the league in hopes of extending peace. Are you familiar with the league?"

"Oh the poor bugger," Yimayngurr declares, "What sort of history was him studying down there anyways?" he asks.

"Though my knowledge on the subject is vauge, the Lad was exploring old ruins in the area of Old Daunton, I suspect he did not know what he was studing. The lad is far old enough to put away foolish things and act like a man, but it is not my place to say so."

On Puget Sound

First Post
[sblock="Religion 10"] Yes you can preform a raise dead with only a portion of the body.
[/sblock]

Roll: 1+10=11

Well, I don't know the ritual, but I did read the text of its chant in University, and the prayer to Lauto has two alternate lines, "We seek the return of the one who inhabited this vessel, and its restoration" or "By this fragment You will know the one we seek". So assuming they use the same ritual in Allaria, a hand or some such should be good enough.

[sblock="ooc"]My first roll in the adventure is a 1! Glad I got that out of the way on an auto-success. I wanted to roll it just to try invisible castle, haven't used any verifiable online die rolling before. I hope I formatted it correctly.[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
"Your calculations are based upon a misguided assumption. I was alerted by magic in Daunton. The lad has been missing but 4 days. Though your concerns are justified, that is why the need for haste."
"I'd taken that into account as a possibility. That only leaves 3 days, assuming there aren't any delays on our trip and I don't think delays are uncommon on a trip of this length. Then the ritual takes a long time to finish...

We'll be lucky to have much time at all to find him. That's cutting it very close. Will the person doing the ritual be waiting outside the ruins for us at least? If we have to travel to them, it's even less time..."

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ah'm jus' gonna keep these children from keelin' theyemsayelves. It iyes good ta know thayat weyell be doin' theyis on layand. Eithal listens to the speech and leans in toward Jade, speaking low, "Don'chew worrih 'bout a thin' honey. Li'l ole Eithal'll keep her eyes out foh yew."

Mewness

First Post
"I'd taken that into account as a possibility. That only leaves 3 days, assuming there aren't any delays on our trip and I don't think delays are uncommon on a trip of this length. Then the ritual takes a long time to finish...

"This one wonders if perhaps there are already others investigating the ruins," says One-Who-Waits. "Three weeks is indeed a long time to wait when one has only a month. Will those of this company be the only ones seeking the young man? If that is the case, this one in his impertinent curiosity desires to know why."

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"An excellent question indeed, from the information that was relayed to me, suggests that the matter of the lads disappearance is being kept a very hush hush secret, and so Adventures in Allaria could not be hired to prevent the word from getting out. I apologize about the rushed process but I will make sure a priest is waiting for you if you do not return the first day you enter in. The 3 week estimate I gave you accounts for certain delays and so it's possible you may have even more time."

elecgraystone

First Post
"No apologies needed. The job is what it is. I just wanted to make sure of the time frame and make sure we did everything we could to increase our chances of success. I'm glad to hear you can have the priest waiting outside. I'd rather have time to spare instead of having to rush. Better safe than sorry."

Jade seems satisfied with the answers. Her tiger form stretches then curls up like she's going to take a nap.

Mewness

First Post
"This one thanks the worthy recruiters for their candor," says One-Who-Waits. "This one would only ask further whether anything else is known about the ruins and their purpose, for perhaps such information might help this honored company to prepare for the dangers ahead. Were they places of worship, habitation, burial? Is anything known about those who built them?"

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo listens intently to the reply, and follows up with any questions it brings to mind relating to his studies of Allari and pre-Allari history. He's particularly interested in any architectural or cultural details about the presumed builders of the ruins (e.g. three was considered a lucky number, or they were paranoid and secretive and always built hidden escape routes).

History: 26, Religion: 17, Arcana: 15
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2355506

Last edited:

Remove ads