• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC:Grigo"]
You know that the undead are ghouls and that their bite has a stunning effect on mortal flesh, you believe that the control has to do with the power of this place as opposed to the power of the necromancer.[/sblock]

"What? The skull was programmed to tell you this." He slams his fist on the desk, and the zombie crumples to the floor the skull goes rolling away and cracks as it strikes the wall. "No matter, we are offering you a chance to escape this crypt with your lives, that should be reward enough for you. All that we ask in return is to preform a mission for us. As I'm sure you've seen this crypt is filled with abborent horrors from the beyond. They flood from a portal on the other side of the crypt. We have the ritual to close the portal, but the energies of the portal do not allow unlife to approach. Your team should be perfectly suited to closing the portal. Once this happens return and we will show you to the exit unharmed."

On Puget Sound

First Post
Abhorrent? Interesting choice of words, coming from you. Still, I agree that closing them out would be a good thing for our world even if it does give your creepy little cult a safe hiding place.

We'll have to discuss this for a moment. I suppose since you have been observing us all along, privacy is too much to ask?

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal stoops over the swaddling body bag floating on Grigo's disk and sniffs the corpse. [sblock=Nature Check]1d20+7=10[/sblock]"Ah'm not showah hayow lowong ole' stinky, heah, hayas layeft befoah we can't rayes eyim?" She looks around at the others, "Anibodih ayelse want tah take a wheyif?"

On Puget Sound

First Post
[sblock="in the hallway"]Here are my thoughts:

The first cultist remarked that he had to kill us because he couldn't have us spreading the word of their presence. That hasn't changed. So these people have no intention of letting us leave alive.

My studies of the Far Realm where the tentacled horrors come from lead me to believe that leaving open gates to that realm is a Bad Thing. These morbid cultists are actually doing the world a favor by containing them.

The ritual to close the gate may be dangerous or even fatal to those who perform it; some rituals are like that. I believe if I can read or examine the ritual, I will be able to tell if that is the case. I think if we do help them, we should insist that we will fight the way to the gate but performing the rite is their job. As I see it, our choices come down to fighting the necromancers, or fighting the star things and then the necromancers, because they will betray us. They have to, to keep their secret.

What are your thoughts?
[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
Once they are alone in the hall, Jade says in a low voice "I say we kill the horrors from the beyond then come back here and kill everyone here. Then after that we go home. We can close portal after we get body back."

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock="In the hallway"]"I got no love for these galka, and it put the fear in me heart for seeing them things again. Things with too many arm and no heart to put a spear through, eh? Maybe we just finish up these galka now and finish our job. Not sure how long we got to call the lad back from the long dream..."

Yimayngurr follows Eithal's lead, sniffing the body of the young noble to determine the extent of decay, and how much time the party has left before the raise dead ritual proves ineffective.

Nature=28
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock=OOC]
Some skill checks I have to respond to here see if that effects your desision making process any,

One who Wait's Insight senses no deception from the necromancer.

Eithal feels you still have time left on the body.

Yimayngurr, (I'm not sure how a smell tells you this but you did get a 28) decides that the body has been dead for 22 days.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
"Naturally, you can step out into the hall" he closes his book and looks away.

"This one would prevail upon the stranger to hear one more question," says One-Who-Waits to the necromancer as his companions file out into hall. "Does the stranger know what caused the tunnels to collapse?"

[sblock=ooc]Making another insight check, just in case. OWW is of course curious about whether the necromancer or one of his friends caused the collapse in order to trap us in here. insight (1d20+11=23)[/sblock]

Remove ads