• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=In the hallway]
Once in the hallway and hearing suggestions being bantered back and forth between his compatriots, Psais takes a breath and speaks for the longest time you have ever witnessed.

"While I am loath to ally with those that practice the dark arts, I must admit that the prospect of an invasion of those abhorrent terrors is somewhat less appealing to me. Taking into consideration that the necromancers seem to have been here for a while, they undoubtedly know of another exit that we could use.

I would accept their offer if you are all willing, but I am quite sure that they will; as our young gnome thaumaturge suggests, turn on us. Though I do not advocate the idea of simply exterminating them, I believe we should fight who we need to in order to escape this labyrinth and then inform the local powers of the nefarious deeds being perpetrated here.

If nobody will or can act to bring the necromancers to justice we can return ourselves, better prepared and without a ticking clock hanging over our heads...

... That gives me a thought, perhaps the bearded one in there will be willing to slow the decay of our young ward in return for our help?
"

His thoughts aired, Psais once again falls quiet and looks around the group, making eye contact with everyone present.[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"I do not know of whom made the tunnel collapse, while I admit it may have been one of the fellows of my order, I submit there is a dark intelligence commanding the beasts and you should look there for your captors. I was assigned to wait for you here, so here I sit, and I wait. It is not my place to question the designs of Zal'Ekthees. You will all understand that in time."

[sblock="OOC"]You feel confident that he simply doesn't know, Plausable deniablity is a wonderful thing[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
So, we take their offer, fully expecting them to hit us while we're weakened from fighting the squigglies, then beat them up till they show us the exit? I'm agreeable to that, if that is the consensus. Or we could skip straight to step 2 right now, which would get us out sooner and safer but would probably leave the squigglies to mop up the cultists we don't kill and then expand unchecked. That is also alright with me; we can come back after them later if we think it's important.

pacdidj

First Post
Yimayngurr nods in agreement with Grigo. "Think we got enough time no matter which side we wanna bash first, eh?"

Pointing at the lad's corpse, Yimayngurr says, "Him smell like he been dead just over three week. Still got a few days to get him out for to call him spirit back."

Mewness

First Post
One-Who-Waits nods politely to the necromancer and retreats into the hallway to join his friends and get filled in. He also informs them of his intuitions regarding the person they're negotiating with (that he seems to be negotiating on the level but isn't really calling the shots, that he appears to have no personal knowledge of how the tunnel collapsed but wouldn't put it past his associates to have done it, etc.)

Fragsie

Explorer
"I think it is of key importance that we do not let their eventual betrayal leave our minds, we are aware that they will move against us so we must grasp any opportunity we can get to have an advantage against them at the end."

On Puget Sound

First Post
So are we going to play along with them? I'd just as soon leave now, straight through the necromancers if necessary. Let them know they can stand out of our way if they want to have resources for their battle against the crazybeasts, or they can try to stop us if they really want to fight two wars at once.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Whael, ayas lowng ayas owa frayend is gonn layast, Ah think we awt tah shut thayat doah jus' tah keep thows nayasti thin's from gettin' outta heah."[sblock=OOC] Eithal's cool with shutting the portal even if it means having to fight the zombies afterward... as long as this corpse won't spoil while we're at it.[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"I reckon I'd rather just bash these galka and run. But if you mob rather close the portal first, I stand with you for true."

Remove ads