Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Oh no yew down't honey!" Eithal swipes at the foul thing as it attempts to attack Grigo, severing several of its tentacles, which fall to the floor and vaporize on contact.

Eithal swings again, to no avail, but she uses the momentum of the attack to back up and draw its attention away from the ritual caster, "Ovah heyah honey! Come an' gayet yahsayelf a piece uh thayis!"

She draws strength from the earth beneath her feet as she braces herself for the inevitable reprisal.
[sblock=Actions]
Immediate Interrupt: Warden's Fury
Attack: 1d20+8+2(Flanking)+1(FOTRP bonus) = 28 vs. AC for 1d12+6 = 16/2 = 8 damage
Effect: Target grants CA to Eithal and her allies UEONT
Free: Flensing Greataxe Daily - OG 5 damage and target is considered bloodied (i.e.: no aura!) (SE)

And that's on HIS turn!

Now it's Eithal's turn:
Free: Mark Scourge
Standard: Strength of Stone
Attack: 1d20+8+2(Flanking)+1(FOTRP bonus)= 14 vs. AC for a Miss!
Move: Shift to J17
Free: Taunt the thing
Minor: Stone's Endurance (resist 5 to all damage UEONT)[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Between Eithal's and Grigo's actions it looks like that concealment aura is gone either way, so here goes...[/sblock]

As the dark shroud surrounding the monster falls away, Yimayngurr sees an opening he can't pass up. Smiling the smile of one who has his prey cornered, the half-orc paces backward drawing a bead on where he thinks the thing's vital organs might be. "Hey beastie! The little fella been said ta get out this world. Best get goin, eh? Dbbrrrrrr!!!" The hunter's spear flies straight and true, skewering the unearthly monster and ripping a gaping hole in its ethereal flesh.

[sblock=actions and stats]Move back to C24

Standard: Sure Shot (with Hunter's Quarry damage) vs. scourge = hit for 27 damage (roll), (Damage die re-roll)

[sblock="Yimayngurr stat block"]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Hunter Ranger 1
PC:Yimayngurr (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:12
HP:19/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:5/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Fading Strike, Marauder's Rush, Precise Assault, Furious Assault, Sure Shot
Conditions: regeneration 2 when bloodied[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry I've been slow guys, had a really busy weekend what with the amazing heat wave we've just had in the UK, I'll post my actions now and come back to the description tomorrow.[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]Standard - :branged: Avenging Light vs Scourge; 1d20+5= 21 vs Fort; 1d10+5= 10 radiant damage + 4 radiant damage if bloodied ally is adjacent.
Rolls[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats: Psais]
Deva Invoker 1
Character Sheet,
Initiative: +0
Senses: Normal
P-Perception: 16 P-Insight: 19
HP: 21/26 SurgeValue: 6 Surges: 7/9
AC:15 Fort:14 Ref:13 Will:15

Action Points: 0
Resist: Radiant 5, Necrotic 5
Speed:6
Languages: Allarian, Primordial, Draconic

:branged: Avenging Light +5 vs. Fortitude; 1d10 + 5 radiant damage; if a bloodied ally is adjacent + 3 radiant damage.
:bmelee: Quarterstaff +1 vs. AC; 1d8 - 1 damage.

Combat Notes

Astral Majesty - +1 to all defences against bloodied foes.
Covenant of Wrath - +1 damage per target for divine encounter and daily powers.
Staff of the Warmage - +1d6 on a crit [Implement]

[sblock=Skills]
Acrobatics +0
Arcana +7
Athletics -1
Bluff +0
Diplomacy +0
Dungeoneering +4
Endurance +3
Heal +4
History +9
Insight +9
Intimidate +0
Nature +9
Perception +6
Religion +9
Stealth +0
Streetwise +0
Thievery +0
[/sblock]
[sblock=Powers]
Avenging Light
Grasping Shards
Call Spirit Companion

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
CD: Armour of Wrath
CD: Rubuke Undead
Raven's Claw
Thunder of Judgement

The Lady's Aid
Invocation of Ice and Fire
ITEM Staff of the Warmage
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
No problem Fragsie, it's a holiday weekend (or should I say was) here in Canada so I haven't been on too much.

Still need OWW also. I'll NPC after noon EST tomorrow[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Oh no yew down't honey!" Eithal swipes at the foul thing as it attempts to attack Grigo, severing several of its tentacles, which fall to the floor and vaporize on contact.

Eithal swings again, to no avail, but she uses the momentum of the attack to back up and draw its attention away from the ritual caster, "Ovah heyah honey! Come an' gayet yahsayelf a piece uh thayis!"

She draws strength from the earth beneath her feet as she braces herself for the inevitable reprisal.

As the dark shroud surrounding the monster falls away, Yimayngurr sees an opening he can't pass up. Smiling the smile of one who has his prey cornered, the half-orc paces backward drawing a bead on where he thinks the thing's vital organs might be. "Hey beastie! The little fella been said ta get out this world. Best get goin, eh? Dbbrrrrrr!!!" The hunter's spear flies straight and true, skewering the unearthly monster and ripping a gaping hole in its ethereal flesh.

Grigo feels a jolt of pain as the tentacle rakes his arm. The wound triggers an involuntary response; he briefly disappears from view as his image becomes a color that can't be seen. The pain eases a bit due to the shaman's blessing, and he draws strength from that blessing to bolster his courage. As he stares at his bleeding arm Grigo gets an idea. Most rituals can be strengthened by sacrifice, and the caster's own blood works quite well. If I'm spilling it anyway, might as well not waste it. Although he is invisible, his voice can be heard clearly over the noise of battle.

Power of Air that can't be tamed, cleanse these beasts from worlds unnamed. Strike with lightning, hail and rain, and blow them back to whence they came!

A tiny hurricane assaults the gate, pelting it with rain and hail. With the preliminaries complete, Grigo quickly continues, customizing the ritual as he goes and cutting out a lot of what he believes to be time-wasting fluff.

This is MY world. He flicks a few drops of his blood into the portal. You taste that? That's me. I'm Grigo Deeproot, and this is my world. Taste that blood and see what's behind it. I'm part of a mighty web. I am every ant and bird, every blade of grass, every fish and beast and dragon, every gnome and elf and goblin, all that lives. We are real, and you're not. We are good and evil and all shades between. We love and hate, give birth and die, fight and kill and love and laugh. And in all of these we affirm and strengthen our reality. This is my world, and I have a place in it. You don't. You can't be here.
Wither.
Dissolve.
You are banished.
What, you're still here?
GET.
OUT.
OF.
MY.
WORLD.

As his color returns to the visible spectrum, he appears again, trembling and covered in sweat. Somehow the creature is still here, but much of its focus is spent trying to maintain the connection to the Far Realm.

[sblock=ooc]
Monster has -2 to all rolls, checks, etc. until it dies. (updated the damage below)
[/sblock]

Psais hurls bolts of divine light at the tentacles and they hit the creature. It is looking haggard now.
One-Who-Waits steps back. The serpent flies around to the other side of the monster, and uses its insubstantial tail as a target for Yimayngurr to aim at. The ranger's shot is wide though.

[sblock=OOC]
Standard: claws of the eagle to give Yimangurr a ranged attack on the scourge.1d20+7=13, 1d10+5=7

Interrupt: bonds of the clan to stop an ally from falling. If that ally is Grigo, OWW is willing to fall himself.
[/sblock]

The tentacled foe continues to focus on Grigo, a blast of fog emanates from the portal and envelops Grigo and Psais. The gnome feels it tighten his muscles and he's rooted to the ground. Then it begins slapping and thrashing the wizard.

[sblock=Actions]
Scourge shifts to F15 - uses Haunting Fog - vs fort (grigo; Psais) (1d20+4=24, 1d20+4=13) hits Grigo misses Psais, he is immobilized and ongoing 5 damage (save ends). This trigger's Warden's x so the monster can be slid 1
Wherever it is slid it will AP to use Gnashing Jaws ion Grigo - vs ac (grigo0 (1d20+8=20, 1d6+4=7, 1d20+8=24, 1d6+4=9, 1d20+8=9, 1d6+4=5) hits twice for 12 damage

Saves against ongoing damage - save (1d20+5=11, 1d20+5=20)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Scourge - AC: 17, F/R/W: 17/16/16 - Reactive Swipe - if is hit by melee attack +6 vs Ref; 1d6+4 dmg; teleport 3 (i'll determine location)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]

Yimayngurr - 19/27 hp - regeneration 2 while bloodied
Eithal - 20/35 hp - +2 to Reflex, +1 to attacks on marked targets UEOE
Psais - 21/26 - prone - regeneration 2 while bloodied
Grigo - 10/28 - bloodied, immobilized and ongoing 5 damage (save ends)
Scourge - 58/196 - resist 5 thunder, grants CA until EONT, bloodied, used 2 AP's
OWW - 23/31 - regeneration 2 while bloodied

Close the Portal Skill Challenge - 4/4 successes

Initiative:

Bad guys - 16
Good guys < - you're up

init (1d20+5=16)[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]
The light sources are torches on the map, 5 square illumination.[/sblock]

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=r1g]Did Grigo fail one of his checks? Last round's update said 2/4 successes, and Grigo burned his AP this turn to make two arcana checks, both with a >20 result. Is there only 1 allowable success per round?[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Corrected above, missed that somehow. It takes a -2 penalty on all rolls now as it has to focus on maintaining the connection. [/sblock]

Remove ads