• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern points his feet straight down and falls closer to the Kenku threatening Narvala. He looks squarely at it's back before attacking with his handaxe. Hold still bird, my little tooth wants to bite!

OOC: Minor: Option 2
Minor: HQ on Kenku 2
Standard: MBA on Kenku 2

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers:Disruptive Strike on next attack, I will roll it now.

Status: Whenever an enemy hits or misses you with a close or a melee attack, you can make a melee basic attack against it as an immediate reaction. Hunter's Quarry on Kenku 2
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 21 NAD:19/15/17
HP: 57/57 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 14 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Throw and Stab, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness, Serpentine Dodge
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe, Snarling Wolf Stance

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
EDIT: ninjaed, just as I wanted to say that Baern should finish #1 since he does more damage with HQ and has magic weapon (I believe?)

[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], how did Kenku1 get that far? If he was slowed and took two actions to move (which we cannot) he still should be 4 squares away. Also it seems he moved in all three dimensions (left right and forward (-). They have more movement options then we do?

I'm curious, is all.

"Focus fire! Don't attack that one, finish the one wounded!" grates Cairn, letting the fleeing enemy in peace and dropping fast toward Narvala.

"Lady, spread your robes and slow your fall. I'll take care of them!"

OOC: If Narvala can survive OAs, maybe she should move up (since it's minor move, maybe second wind before that to get defense boost)?

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: Baern can't reach Kenku #1 in one turn of movement. We only get to move in one direction (I WISH I had gotten a magic handaxe, then it would return to me!)

drothgery

First Post
Narvala gathers her reserves of strength, then tries to redirect her fall.[sblock=actions]
standard: second wind to gain 11 HP, +2 to defenses until start of her next turn
minor: control fall to move to K18 (I think that's the only place Narvala can move to that's not adjacent to any bad guys, and since she's used her only close or melee ranged attack other than an unarmed MBA...)
[/sblock][sblock=ministat]
(stats altered to reflect that Narvala lacks her staff of defense; includes +2 to defenses from second wind)
Narvala—Female Human Invoker 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 25
AC: 21, Fort: 18, Reflex: 21, Will: 23; (ranged attacks from >5 sq take a -1 penalty) — Speed: 6
HP: 34/46, Bloodied: 23, Surge: 11, Surges left: 5/6;
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Used
Powers -
Sun Strike
Grasping Shards
Vanguard's Lightning
Forceful Denunciation
Chains of Carceri
Purging Flame
Wall of Light
Grasping Chains of the Justicar
Astral Step
Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: I'm still in limited Internet connectivity mode. I hope to get to this today or tomorrow. And yes, the Kenku was able to move 5 squares while slowed and in more directions than the PCs (if the PCs can grow wings, they too might get advantages while falling ;) ). One square with a minor action and 4 squares with 2 move actions.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], would our stripped down equipment include our belts? I have only two ranged options and those are both alchemical flasks...

Anyhow:
minor to move to E16 (0)
minor to draw Alchemical Frost if available
standard to attack kenku 3 with Alchemical Frost

Sorry for short post...

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], would our stripped down equipment include our belts? I have only two ranged options and those are both alchemical flasks...

OOC: [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] Cairn could attack with an alchemical flask if you would have thought to have him bring it in a belt pouch. But, Cairn brought his armor, a dagger, his amulet and his boots, so that's what he has. Cairn could throw the dagger (he would be at -3 to hit with his fists in the future as compare to a dagger due to the n/a weapon proficiency for an unarmed attack), or he could do something like Total Defense. But, he cannot use what he does not have with him, just like the rest of the PCs (like Baern did not possess a kitchen knife earlier, btw, I suddenly realized that Baern can use melee Twin Strike with an Unarmed Attack, but the main weapon would be the unarmed one and the off hand one would be the handaxe which has the off hand property).

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: I am back to normal Internet connectivity.

Nyar shouts, "Let me see if I can slow one down!" Of coures, he's not sure anyone can hear him yelling.

The kenku take great skill in circling the falling Narvala, but the lowest kenku sees something strange, as its partner strikes at the human the shaft of the longspear magically expands and stabs right into his chest!

The kenku is overcome by pulling out the imaginary spear and is unable to threaten Narvala.

Baern points his feet straight down and falls closer to the Kenku threatening Narvala. He looks squarely at it's back before attacking with his handaxe. Hold still bird, my little tooth wants to bite!

"Focus fire! Don't attack that one, finish the one wounded!" grates Cairn, letting the fleeing enemy in peace and dropping fast toward Narvala.

"Lady, spread your robes and slow your fall. I'll take care of them!"

Narvala gathers her reserves of strength, then tries to redirect her fall.

Kenku 2 stabs Narvala in the chest as she tries to move away. Baern misses when the Kenku lowers its guard.

Cairn moves over to position himself above the Kenku.

Kenku 1 moves up and away towards the tower.

Kenku 2 flutters away and turns its attention to Baern. It slices open Baern's shoulder, but Baern can tell that there's not much fight left in it.

Seriously wounded by Nyar's illusion, Kenku 3 dives away, ignoring the fight.

[sblock=OOC]
Nyar hits Kenku 2 for 12.

Baern hits Kenku 2 for 13.

Kenku 2 hits Narvala (Opportunity Attack) for 13.

9+mods hits for 13.

Baern misses Kenku 2 with Disruptive Strike.

Kenku 2 hits Baern for 10.

19+mods hits for 10.

(1) Baern, 47/57
(0) Narvala, 21/46, marked by Kenku 2, bloodied, +2 to defenses USNT Narvala
(0) Cairn, 70/77
Kenku 1, 95, fled
(1) Kenku 2, 72, hunter's quarry by Baern, bloodied
Kenku 3, 89, fled
(-3) Nyar, 41/41

Note: PCs can attack Kenku 1 or 3 if they have a range 20 attack. These Kenku are currently about 12 squares further than they were a round ago.

It's the PCs turn.

Everyone falls 6 squares straight down during their turn. The PCs won't actually move on the background (ScorpiusRisk had some type of rolling background planned, but I suck too much at graphics to even attempt it). In other words, Baern is on square G11. If he decides to not make any of the special movements next round, he'll fall 6 squares, but still be on square G11 next round (so that he stays in the middle of the map).

This falling does not take up any movement actions. Shifting is not allowed. Normal movement is not allowed. Running is not allowed. The PCs are falling.

Once a turn, as a minor action, a PC can direct their fall in ONE of the following ways:

1. Fall diagonally for up to three squares out of the six (this is equivalent to moving 3 squares to the right or left max, and/or moving forward or backwards 3 squares).
2. Fall an additional 2 squares (for example, moving from the G row to the H or I row)
3. Fall 2 squares less (for example, moving from the G row to the E or F row).
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 4f.png
    Encounter 4f.png
    243.5 KB · Views: 100

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads