• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: It looks like no one is next to the kenku even with Cairn's movement, if that is incorrect, let me know as I wouldn't use a burst 1 if someone was adjacent

Nyar tries to launch another blast of fire at the kenku but his aim is wide this time. His allies are pretty sure they hear expletives muffled by the wind.

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Scorching Burst vs. Kenku 2 (w/ arcane reserves): 1d20+11, 2d6+6+2 → ([1, 11], [5, 1, 6, 2]) Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

[sblock=Readied Interrupt] Nyar will use Shield when appropriate [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, Level 6 Wizard
Init: +6 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 18 NAD: F: 14 R:19 W:17 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 41/41 Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 10 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Phantasmal Assault, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Shield, Dispel Magic
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Stinking Cloud, Flaming Sphere
Item: Potion of Healing x1
Full Character Sheet: http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Nyar_Harbor_(FourMonos)#Summary [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Perhaps with more valor than common sense, Baern increases his descent to match the kenku and lunges with his handaxe.

OOC: Drop an extra one to J16 (minor) and make an MBA (standard)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Cairn drops like a stone and swings about his dagger although it seems there is no chance of reaching the kenku. But green translucent wines shoot out and wrap around the flying menace trying to pull it closer.

Nyar tries to launch another blast of fire at the kenku but his aim is wide this time. His allies are pretty sure they hear expletives muffled by the wind.

Perhaps with more valor than common sense, Baern increases his descent to match the kenku and lunges with his handaxe.

Narvala tries to slow her fall before hurling another bolt of divine energy at the kenku... but it doens't come close to hitting.

The final Kenku retreats, fluttering away from Baern and then diving down.

The team notices a garbage airship below and off to the side. If they can just direct their falling accordingly, they might be able to land in the trash. Not only will it be a softer landing than the Cogs far below, but the PCs crashing into it should force the airship to fall a bit as well, making even the trash a bit softer than normal.

[sblock=OOC]
Cairn misses Kenku 2.

Nyar misses Kenku 2.

Baern hits Kenku 2 for 15.

Narvala misses Kenku 2.

Kenku 2 is 13 squares down from where it was (no OA). Any PC with a 20 range attack can still attack it this next round if so desired.

PCs that want to land in the garbage airship need to make an Acrobatics roll to orient themselves properly, or use some magical means to get there. Anyone trained in Acrobatics can make a second Acrobatics roll to decrease the amount of damage of the fall.

(1) Baern, 47/57
(0) Narvala, 21/46, marked by Kenku 2, bloodied, +2 to defenses USNT Narvala
(0) Cairn, 70/77
(1) Kenku 2, 95, hunter's quarry by Baern, bloodied, slowed UENT Narvala
(-3) Nyar, 41/41

It's the PCs turn.

Everyone falls 6 squares straight down during their turn. The PCs won't actually move on the background (ScorpiusRisk had some type of rolling background planned, but I suck too much at graphics to even attempt it). In other words, Baern is on square G11. If he decides to not make any of the special movements next round, he'll fall 6 squares, but still be on square G11 next round (so that he stays in the middle of the map).

This falling does not take up any movement actions. Shifting is not allowed. Normal movement is not allowed. Running is not allowed. The PCs are falling.

Once a turn, as a minor action, a PC can direct their fall in ONE of the following ways:

1. Fall diagonally for up to three squares out of the six (this is equivalent to moving 3 squares to the right or left max, and/or moving forward or backwards 3 squares).
2. Fall an additional 2 squares (for example, moving from the G row to the H or I row)
3. Fall 2 squares less (for example, moving from the G row to the E or F row).
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
OOC: If Narvala can get within 6 squares of the garbage scow without any acrobatics, and everyone is within 5 squares of her, she can Astral Step the party there. Will this work?

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: If Narvala can get within 6 squares of the garbage scow without any acrobatics, and everyone is within 5 squares of her, she can Astral Step the party there. Will this work?

OOC: Teleport does not negate falling damage as part of it's capabilities. So, the damage still occurs. If Narvala uses her group teleport, the group does not need to make the Acrobatics rolls to orient themselves and land in the "softer looking spots" (i.e. they are automatically successful with that).

They will still take the damage from the "long fall onto an absorbing surface" setup of the encounter (which btw is a very high level trap equivalent for xp).

And, if trained in Acrobatics, a PC can still lower the amount of falling damage taken further.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I think we're all within 5, but bloodied and not too hardy companion would need help. Anyone has any healing?

And what's up with wikia site?

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: Could you guys use Second Winds before attempting this? Might be a good idea. Since Baern has to roll at least one Acrobatics I will do it now. WOOT, got to love the D20.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Could you guys use Second Winds before attempting this? Might be a good idea. Since Baern has to roll at least one Acrobatics I will do it now. WOOT, got to love the D20.

OOC:
I don't think you need to use acrobatics since Narvala will teleport us and reducing the damage effect is trained only...

Cairn would use warforged resolve (minor) before hitting for temp hp. he has almost double hp of everyone else and will probably survive.

[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], is there a way for Cairn to take part of the damage for Narvala (by taking her and pushing up maybe? Thus accelerating himself and slowing her a bit). I would suggest putting himself under so she lands on his body, but stone being is hardly good place to land :)

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Should I go ahead and make the acrobatics check for Nyar since he doesn't know what Narvala is planning? Also I have healing potions. And I think Narvala used her second wind already.

Last edited:

Remove ads