• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Narvala already used her second wind, somewhat ineffectively
"I'm going to try and teleport us to that barge. Tell me when you're ready." Narvala says. "Prepare for a rough landing."[sblock=actions]delay until everyone has indicated they're ready, then
minor: direct fall to close within range of the garbage scow, if necessary
minor (replacing move): draw potion of healing
minor (replacing standard): drink potion of healing
action point: astral step to teleport everyone to the garbage scow.[/sblock][sblock=ministat]
(stats altered to reflect that Narvala lacks her staff of defense; includes effects of actions above)
Narvala—Female Human Invoker 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 25
AC: 19, Fort: 16, Reflex: 19, Will: 21; (ranged attacks from >5 sq take a -1 penalty) — Speed: 6
HP: 31/46, Bloodied: 23, Surge: 11, Surges left: 4/6;
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Used
Powers -
Sun Strike
Grasping Shards
Vanguard's Lightning
Forceful Denunciation
Chains of Carceri

Purging Flame
Wall of Light
Grasping Chains of the Justicar
Astral Step
Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC:
[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], is there a way for Cairn to take part of the damage for Narvala (by taking her and pushing up maybe? Thus accelerating himself and slowing her a bit). I would suggest putting himself under so she lands on his body, but stone being is hardly good place to land :)

OOC:
I would give a benefit to Narvala for a normal "fleshy" PC to place himself between her and the garbage (subtracting dice from her damage and adding dice to the damage of the PC interposing himself), but not Cairn. Falling on a rock will definitely increase the amount of damage taken by her.

And, the difference in speed between Narvala hitting the trash and Cairn throwing Narvala up into the air just before she hits the trash is really negligible. I'll allow Cairn a strength check to throw her "up", but it will only subtract 1 point of damage for every 10 result on the roll (and since he is pushing her up, he'll be pushed down and hence take 1 extra point of damage for every 10 result on the roll).

He's just not going to be able to slow her significantly.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Strength check (1d20+4=6)

Cairn tries the maneuver, but he couldn't throw Narvala up without positioning himself under her and that he wanted to avoid.

OOC: [MENTION=360]drothgery[/MENTION], I think we're all in range, so you could do minor (get potion), minor (drink the potion), standard (teleport) without AP

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
After dropping so far, the PCs slam into the garbage airship hard.

Fortunately, the mystical flight properties of Sharn combined with the yielding trash and the airship itself which drops quite a bit with the impact prevents the team from being killed outright.

Unfortunately, Baern and Nyar can barely stand and Narvala is lying in a pool of blood dying.

A voice shouts out "We are under attack.

[sblock=OOC]
Damage: 46 Baern, 46 Cairn, 45 Narvala, 40 Nyar.

Baern, 1/57, bloodied
Narvala, -14/46, bloodied, dying, prone
Cairn, 29/77, bloodied
Nyar, 1/41, bloodied

Quick thinking on drothgery's part. Without the 10 points from the healing potion, Narvala would have been dead by 2 hit points.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn quickly comes up, looking for his weapon and grabbing where his healing potions would have been. Realizing his error he quickly recalls what he learned from lady mage and brings this other lady back to Eberron.

"We're not attacking. We were ambushed!" he rumbles with all the subtlety and quiet of an avalanche.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Draw weapon
Move: Get up
Standard: Heal for Narvala (1d20+9=29) ARGH! Why can't I get a 20 in combat!?
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Suddenly a huge bear leaps out from behind a pile of trash. It rushes over to Narvala and puts her head in his huge jaws to deliver the killing blow and bit-

No Pooh it might not be dead! shouts a sleep voice from underneath a pile of trash. A head of a human girl, blonde with pigtails, pokes up from underneath a pile of garbage. Soon a very dirty body covered in what looks like Dire Wolf skin hide armor appears, quickly crawling out looking blurry eyed. She must have been sleeping.

Remember we are adventurerers now! she says in her youthful voice. We can't kill things unless they deserve it or they make us mad or we really really want to! That is what being an adventurerer is! Besides if it is already dead than we can loot its body! she says happily walking over to Narvala. With a revolted look, the bear spits Narvala's head out of his mouth.

EXCISE ME BUT ARE YOU DEAD? the girl shouts in Narvala ear. IF NOT THAN I'LL TAKE YOUR STUFF BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT A ADVENTURERER DOES! the girl shouts cheerily.

Hiyas! the girl says, spotting the rest of the party. My name is Christina Robins! I'm an adventurerer! And this is my brother Pooh! she says pointing to the large bear who growls menacingly at the party.

Suddenly another bear, this one a ghostly appearance, floats through the air and lands next to Baern. Despite being already dead, or perhaps because of this, she seems kindly. And that is my sister Rabberta except she is dead because Pooh killed her but that is OK since life and stuff are all about the circle of life and stuff! the girls says smiling.

Oh your bleeding all over and stuff, let me help! She says, walking over to Nyar. She takes some green goo out of her bag and starts to smear it haphazardly on Nyar's wounds. Are you adventurerers too? she asks, moving over to Baern and smearing some of the stuff on him.

I was adventurerering with my family and found this neat flying thing with smelly stuff in it so I decided to ride it and see where it went. Then Pooh caught a Kenku and it was very tasty and I fell asleep then things fell out of the sky and I woke up and somebody said they were under attack! she says happily.

Can you fly? Cause it look like you forgot how to she asks, walking up to Cairn.

[sblock=actions]
Guess we are out of combat turns?
rolls
Healing Word:Narvala gains surge+7
Healing Word:Baern gains surge+5
Healing spirit: Nyar spends a surge and Baern gains 7 HP (no surge) for being next to Rabberta.[/sblock]

[sblock=Christina Robins]
Christina Robins—Female Human Sentinel Druid 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 20, Fort: 18, Reflex: 16, Will: 19
Speed: 6
HP: 45/45, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 11/11;
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Tending Strike
Grasping Tide
Call Bear Animal Companion (Pooh)
Call Bear Spirit Companion (Rabberta)

Healing Word 0/2
Healing Spirit
Combined Attack 2/2
Barkskin
World Speaker's Command
Sudden Call

Speak With Spirits
Summon Giant Toad
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pooh]
Pooh Chaotic Evil Bear Animal Companion:

HP:22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage.

Guardian Companion Aura 1:+2 to allies defenses.

Note:Moves whenever Christina takes a move action.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rabberta]
Rabberta Lawful Good Spirit Bear:

HP:22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

[sblock=Spirit Companion notes]
The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 12 or more damage from a single blow, and Christina takes 7 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Christina's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • The companion can move 6 squares whenever Christina takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern stands up groggily, he seems to have "fallen" out of his wolf trance and relaxes as the healing energy of the bear spirit flows through him. Slow down girl, I can barely understand what your saying. grumbles the dwarf.

OOC: Encounter above is over? Lose Snarling Wolf Stance and recharge encounters?

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers:Battle Awareness (adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Baern), Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack), Disruptive Strike (adjacent enemy attacks Baern or ally)

Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 21 NAD:19/15/17
HP: 26/57 Surges: 7/8 Surge Value: 14 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Throw and Stab, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness, Serpentine Dodge
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe, Snarling Wolf Stance

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
A voice beyond the trash calls out "Are we damaged? Are we under attack? Man the defenses." as the airship lurches and start spiraling down in a wide arc.

[sblock=Perception rolls]
For Baern, Cairn, and Nyar.
[/sblock]

Remove ads