• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= Docks =-=-=-

"Seven persons? That's a lot, considering I should already have a whole caravan on board. They should be coming from the Jaddite portal. They should have already been here, but they are late, which is unusual from my contact. I will wait for him until tomorrow and then, I'll be open to carry you for a fair fee." tells the Captain.

As Incarnation speak with the captain, Raiyek spot the dwarves walking toward him.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Ho Raiyek, we must travel 15 minutes outside the city for the assistance we seek, and that is but a rumor. How fare the travel arrangements? Georg begins

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: So, while it was not my intention, I just read this entire thread. Way to go! I'm so pleased with the story and the rp. Thanks a ton Velmont for stepping in. You've done an excellent job taking my notes and filling the gaps as needed.

I'll be following everyone's progress.

Sorry for disappearing the way I did. I certainly did not want to abandon this story.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ho Raiyek, we must travel 15 minutes outside the city for the assistance we seek, and that is but a rumor. How fare the travel arrangements? Georg begins
Incarnation comes up behind the paladin, smoke following. One is a captain who fears us, the other one that waits on a portal that we delayed. Risk and risk.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek nods, agreeing with Incarnation's summary. "As long as the Jadite caravan does not know of us, I would prefer the second ship. He seems to be planning to leave earlier than the other anyway."

The paladin ponders an idea for a moment, then voices it to the group. "The second captain said he would wait until tomorrow for his Jadite caravan, and if they hadn't arrived by then he would set sail without them. How powerful a ritual would be needed to block the portal for that long? Perhaps we can delay them further and avoid having to share a ship."
[sblock=OOC]Hey Scorpius, good to hear from you! Glad you like where things have gone with this. :)[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
Let us stay in an inn for the night. I don't want to rest on a boat just to have the sailors be ready to slit our throat. I don't know how long it takes to raise the dead, but if we want to do it here let us go ahead and do it. I just don't want to run off and perform any "favors" to get the Warden raised in our condition.

stonegod

Incarnation ponders Nebten's suggestion. The magic of life takes time, the time you will rest. I can watch the Warden and the ritual. But the portal will likely be open, and it takes more skill than I to close it further. But we cannot leave earlier, so here we shall be. So, to this healer of the dead and these rest for all.

stonegod

OOC: The ritual has to be done at the end of an extended rest, so I think all but Incarnation go to the Inn (or one goes w/ him); Incarnation takes Warden to the ritual person and watches them do the ritual (can "rest" w/o sleeping), then we take a boat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads