• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= Sailing Gallion =-=-=-

Raiyek and the dwarves quickly find an Inn near the Port, the Sailing Gallion. The sign looks like a large gold piece with a huge ship drawn on it. As they enter Hadrak feels his shoulder hitching. A quick look over it and he has a strange impression.

The Inn has a large common room, half filled at the moment. Many of them are sailors and the remaining seems locals here to drink. A card game is running on a table while a sailor try to play some lute near the fireplace with much or less success.

The group sits down at an empty table and asks for an hot meal. As they are eating, a man enter in and go sitting at a seat near the door. Hadrak suddenly understand his strange feeling a few moment ago. The man was passing by the chapel as the group was questioning the young man. He had also spotted him working at the docks and he was also buying fish at a stall near the Sailing Gallion when they entered. He also has spotted the man turning his head away when Hadrak had spotted him at the stall.

-=-=-= Follower of Joven House =-=-=-

It took twenty minutes to Incarnation to find the house. Carrying the corpse of the Warden was not as easy as Dane have made it look and Incarnation start to think it is a good thing to not take the sea with the body as it start to smell bad.

He put down the Warden leaning near the door and knock on it. It takes a good minute before someone come to open the door. An old man appear in the doorway as the door open.

"A golem?" said surprised the man as he stand back but seems to calm as he doesn't see Incarnation jumping on him. He quickly search a pocket and take out some glasses. "No... a warforged it seems. Sorry for the mistake, my eyes had better days and we don't see your kind most often in this part of the world. What can I do for you?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge

"A golem?" said surprised the man as he stand back but seems to calm as he doesn't see Incarnation jumping on him. He quickly search a pocket and take out some glasses. "No... a warforged it seems. Sorry for the mistake, my eyes had better days and we don't see your kind most often in this part of the world. What can I do for you?"
Incarnation does his best not to loom, but given his size, that was sometimes unavoidable. Are you the Follower of Joven spoken of in the village? A tragedy has befallen a great man, his thread cut by betrayal before his time. I seek your aid to remedy this wrong, for if the tales are true, you alone may perform the ritual that is needed.

Velmont

First Post

"Yes... yes..." answer slowly the old man. "I'm a follower of Joven and I had once the power to ask the Gods to return the soul to his body... but it's been a long long time since I have done that... I even think I still have the component needed for such feat, but I wonder if I can still hold that long in prayer without falling asleep. But first you need to know that sometimes, people doesn't want to come back, or the Gods may prevent a soul to come back, so tell me more about that soul." As he tells that, the old man open wider the door and make a polite gesture for Incarnation to enter the house.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation picks up his burden again. I may assist if needed. Sleep is never a concern.

Incarnation speaks of the Warden: His studies, his coterie of students, and the important work of which the Warden is a part. He discusses the that the Warden's research is tied to dire matters, and that his unique knowledge may be the key to preventing this fate. Incarnation does not mention the wards or Academy directly, but does what he can to convey his respect for the Warden and his work, and his anger at those who cut him down.

Velmont

First Post

As Incarnation relate the Warden story, he is unaware of the shadow behind him. It is too late to react when he feels an hit behind the head and fall unconscious...

[SBLOCK=OOC][MENTION=79391]Nebten[/MENTION], [MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION], [MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION] and [MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION]. I hope you didn't miss the post at the Sailing Gallion...[/SBLOCK]

Nebten

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I saw the post, but Dane didn't see anything special. ;) [/sblock]

Dane drinks & eats and then drinks some more to wash down what he ate. Other then that, he tries to keep a low profile. While he is typically prone to getting himself into trouble in these circumstances, he awaits the chance to remove his boots and scratch the corn that developed on his 4th & 5th hammer toes.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: A mistake from me, Raiyek also have spotted the man... his Passive Perception his better than Hadrak. I somehow thought Hadrak had the best Passive Perception.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek leans over the table slightly so he can speak quietly to his companions. "Did you notice that man by the door too, Hadrak? He seems to be following us ... perhaps it would be better to lead him away and confront him?" The elf tries to discern whether their tail seems to have hostile intentions, and if he might be an agent from the Jade Empire.

Remove ads