Advanced Race Guide: Featured Races

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Well, to echo Systole a bit... Savage Species was bar NONE my most hated book of 3E (though C.Psionic tried very very hard to overtake it for the title), and iirc Sean K. Reynolds co-wrote that. So, if he's also helming this monster races book...it's unrealistic to have high hopes for the final product...

Oreads are humans with elemental earth traits. In 3.5 they were called earth genasi. Same thing.

Well, all 4 of the elemental races aren't even humanoids at all, but outsiders (why, I don't know, they would've been fine as humanoids...), so I wouldn't just call them humans with earth traits.

SteelDraco

First Post
Huh. Interesting point. I had always thought they were Humanoid (Genasi) [Element]. Being native Outsiders is mostly useful, occasionally a pain.

To be honest, this will likely be the first Pathfinder hardcover rules-oriented book I don't buy. We don't use oddball races much and I'm happy with the homebrew races I have for my setting. I just don't have much use for it.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
I hope they fix the racial stat bonuses/penalties of 3E crossovers like Orcs Kobolds, and Goblins to be more in line with PF's balance point for races.

Well, if you want a bunch of baseless conjecture and house rules, here you go:

• Orc: +2 STR, +2 CHA, -2 INT
  • Goblin: +2 DEX, +2 INT, -2 STR
  • Hobgoblin: +2 DEX, +2 WIS, -2 CHA
  • Kobold: +2 DEX, +2 CHA, +2 INT, -2 STR, -2 CON.

They're already more or less kitted out with racial abilities. Figure they just need alternate Favored Class bonuses.

Shemeska

Adventurer
What the heck are Oreads or Fetchlings?

Fetchlings are shadow-touched mortals (primarily but not exclusively from human stock).

Don't like the name, you can blame me. ;) Derived the name from the fetch of Irish mythology, which was a sort of doppelganger double of a person. In the way that the shadow plane is a distorted reflection double of the material plane, the fetchlings can be viewed as similar distorted shadow versions of humans.

Remove ads