[Adventrue] Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks II: The Mysterious Imlach Island

DMDanW

First Post
Minharath approaches Sssharrk and speaks to him quietly. Whatever he said seemed to be enough to convince the lizardfolk hunter that your group meant them no harm and are there for the reasons you have stated.

The hunters gather up the offered Hyena carcasses and lead your group through the swamp. Hours seem to pass by as you have to meander through rough terrain and wade through hip deep stagnant murky waters. You finally reach a section of higher ground, a small hillock that is ringed thick with trees and vegetation. Making your way down a path that would have been nearly impossible to spot had it not been for the familiar lizardfolk hunters you enter the lizardfolk camp.

The camp is what you would expect to see. Numerous hide tents and a few mud huts surround a larger center building, this one seeming to be an old ruin. The group is brought to the center of town, drawing stares from all the lizardfolk you pass by, most of which begin to follow the group thereafter. Sssharrk waves forward to a younger liazrdfolk warrior who then runs into the large ruins. Moments later he emerges followed by a large lizardfolk who is wearing a decorated headpiece and who’s upper body is covered in strange tattooed markings.

[sblock=Spoken in Draconic]
Chief Lssarr, I bring you these men we found wandering at the edge of our lands. They say they are looking for more of their kind and offered us their fresh kill. I bring them to you now so you may do with them as you see fit.
[/sblock]

The chief looks over the group, taking a moment to inspect each of you individually and them nods his head. He motions for the nearby guards to be at ease and steps towards you.

"I am Lssarr. I am the leader of thisss tribe. You have entered our lands in search of others of your kind. Maybe I help you. Maybe you help us too" he states in an authoritative tone. He says nothing else looking at you as if waiting for a response.

Velmont

First Post
Gloom whispers to Thorn "Why I have the feeling they will ask us to fight something for them, which mean it is stronger then them, which mean we would have a better chance to get the man back by just getting rid of the lizardfolks..."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
As the warrior speaks in draconic, half elven warlock listens and then focuses for a moment. He focuses his translation toward Minarath in an attempt to spread it through the group so nobody feels excluded or threatened.

"Tell us more" Martelai asks directly, imitating chiefs style. He speaks same language chief used.

Last edited:

Banesfinger

Explorer
Gloom whispers to Thorn "Why I have the feeling they will ask us to fight something for them, which mean it is stronger then them, which mean we would have a better chance to get the man back by just getting rid of the lizardfolks..."

"I agree." Thorn whispers back to Gloom. "But then they would be much less willing to tell us where Thom Ogglebottom and his party is."

Thorn asks Martelai to translate, asking them what they need help with, and if it is possibly connected with why the lizard-folk are hunting closer and closer to human lands.

Neurotic

Thorn asks Martelai to translate, asking them what they need help with, and if it is possibly connected with why the lizard-folk are hunting closer and closer to human lands.

I assume Minarath is maintaining running translation between us. And I did ask for more info :) Besides, maybe chief spoke Common

RedBeardJim

First Post
Gellan largely ignores the conversation, choosing instead to assist in the skinning and preparation of the hyenas. He manages, through gestures and broken Common, to communicate his desire to take a fang from the largest hyena as a trophy, which he slips into a belt pouch.

DMDanW

First Post
Lssarr nods his head and gives a signal to one of the guards who disappears into the ruins.

[sblock=In Draconic]
"Your people came here", Lssarr begins, "They came to make peace. I tell you what I tell them. Many moons ago it began. The hunt for food became a challenge. A new predator on the Island now. Killing off everything or driving it away, further into your peoples land. To eat we must follow the food."
[/sblock]

The guard that went into the ruins emerges with the head of a strange creature in his hands. He passes the head to Lssarr and the chief holds it up for you all to see more closely. From what you can tell it is from some sort of reptilian creature with a chitinous shell, and there are two large mandibles protruding from its lower jaw.

[sblock=In Draconic]
"This is the creatures that now hunt the land. This creatures is why my peoples and your peoples now have bad feelings with each other. Find this creatures and drive them away and everything be better."
[/sblock]

As the cheif related the story the hunters who are skinning the hyenas with Gellan nod in agreement and an obvious look of fear flashes in their eyes as the chief holds up the head of the creature. They have no problem with Gellan taking a trophy with him, and one gives a toothy grin and holds up his own necklace of teeth for Gellan to see.

Banesfinger

Explorer
Through Martelai's translation, the scruffy shifter Thorn asks, "Did our friends leave to track down the beasts? If so, which direction, and how many days ago did they leave?"

Neurotic

Martelai continues in draconic

"How long before they left? And do you know how many beasts roam the swamp? You're not expecting us to hunt every last one of them, do you? If we remove the lair, can your warriors destroy the strugglers?

If we agree on tracking them down, can you spare a scout to lead us to relevant areas? It'll be quicker for all of us?"

After waiting for the answer(s) he turns to his companions
"Give us a moment..."

He explains everything in common and awaits group decision.

Remove ads