• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventrue] Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks II: The Mysterious Imlach Island

DMDanW

First Post
Martelai pummels the kruthik before him with his arcane might, killing a few and hurting the others. He moves forward and enacts another incantation, causing 2 of the creatures to attack their queen. They both attempt to but as they are unable to hit their queen, which causes them to writh in pain, both dropping dead.

Gloom finishes off the creature near him and lets his inherent regenerative powers close some of his wounds. Thorn and Gellan also spend a moment to take a much needed breath.

Minharath moves forward and recites a prayer, calling forth his goddesses favor. A wave of warmth washes over them and closes their wounds.

The swarms once again move, this time surrounding Minharath and Gloom

[sblock=Mechanics]
Swarms move into same spaces as Gloom and Minharath. They each take 6 damage for starting their turns in the aura.
The Queen shifts back 1 square and attacks with Acid Blast. Vs Fortitude; 19 vs Martelai, 19 vs Thorn, 27 vs Gellan, 24 vs Gloom. Hits everyone for 7 acid damage and all take ongoing 5 acid damage and are weakened (save ends both).
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Gellan – HP: 22/33; HS: 4/9; AP: 1 ; Ongoing 5 Acid and weakened (save ends both); Used Swift Panther Rage, Second Wind

Gloom – HP: 14/39; HS: 7/11; AP 2 ; Bloodied; Ongoing 5 Acid and weakened (save ends both); Used Blood Fury Fullblade, Longtooth Shifting

Martelai – HP: 31/38; HS: 5/9; AP 0 Ongoing 5 Acid and weakened (save ends both); Used: Ethereal Step

Minharath – HP: 11/29; HS: 8/8; AP 3; Bloodied; Used Beacon of Hope, Healers Mercy

Thorn – HP: 15/35; HS: 4/11; AP 3 ; Bloodied; Slowed and dazed (save ends both); Ongoing 5 Acid and weakened (save ends both); Used Grit and Spittle, Second Wind, Longtooth Shifting

Zharne – HP: 36/36; HS: 6/9; AP 2

Leonard - HP: 20/20; HS: 1/1

[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• QL-8.jpg
    QL-8.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 166

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=84172]Tomalak[/MENTION], here's your chance, get us some mass saves :)

Also, [MENTION=55230]DMDanW[/MENTION], how many Kruthik died? Important for my next attack or save roll due to Fate of the Void...

Banesfinger

Explorer
Thorn reels under the onslaught of the insects, but still staggers forward.
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry guys - Thorn can't do much right now as he is bloodied, slowed, dazed, weakened and taking 5-ongoing damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]
Start of Turn: Ongoing 5 acid. HPs now 10/35.
Start of Turn: Longtooth shifting - regeneration 2. HPs now 12/35.
Move: walk to J8
End of Turn: Save vs. Slowed & Dazed. 8 = fail.
End of Turn: Save vs. Ongoing-5 acid damage & Weakened. 16 = saved.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

DMDanW

First Post
Also to note Tomalak, Minharath did not expend the healing word, as no one met the conditions you stipulated for it's use (more than 15 points down).

Neurotic

In total or just from your attack(s)?

In total, whenever cursed creature drops Martelai gets +2 to one d20 roll, cumulative in the round - if 4 creatures dropped I could attack with +8 or have +8 save bonus for example.

Ozymandias79

First Post
In total, whenever cursed creature drops Martelai gets +2 to one d20 roll, cumulative in the round - if 4 creatures dropped I could attack with +8 or have +8 save bonus for example.

OOC: No, if 4 creatures drop then you get +5 bonus from fate of the void, not +8 as Improved fate of the Void only gives an(=one) additional +1 on that affected roll, and not an extra +1 per triggering pact boon IMHO

Neurotic

Yeah, it seems to be that way. I'm fairly sure original text said that it granted +1 to pact boon, not to d20 roll. Errata or brain fart?

Neurotic

I agree, but the feat looses some appeal given the fact it's 'only' +1. Of course, mostly it will mean +2 instead of +1 so all's good :)

Remove ads