[Adventrue] Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks II: The Mysterious Imlach Island

DMDanW

First Post
Martelai, 5 kruthik died that round and I belive that all 5 were under your curse.
Zharne, Gellan, Gloom, Minharath - anyone else want to post an action?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=84172]Tomalak[/MENTION] should go first to remove at least some conditions...he copmlained he doens't do that enough.

Velmont

First Post
Gloom ignore the swarm walking on his body and simply take a moment to focus, he then move in position and swing twice his sword, the first swing missing and the second swing making a deep wound.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Start: Regen => 16/39
Minor: Divine Mettle on himself Save (1d20+2=21)
Move: Walk to J11 and take an AoO from swarm
Standard: Fortune Spurred Smite vs Fort on Queen (1d20+9=11, 2d12+7=20) Miss :(
AP: Blood of the Mighty vs AC on Queen (1d20+9=28, 4d12+7=26) Hit for 26 damage and Gloom takes 5 damages.[/SBLOCK]

Tomalak

First Post
Also to note Tomalak, Minharath did not expend the healing word, as no one met the conditions you stipulated for it's use (more than 15 points down).
@Tomalak should go first to remove at least some conditions...he copmlained he doens't do that enough.
No, I did not - though I appreciate your attempt to include me. I built the character with little or no save-granting power; partly to focus on HP healing, and partly because at this low of a level, there aren't many options. I'm afraid I have little or nothing I can do about saves, though give me a minute and I'll post a turn.

Also - regarding your response to my prior post - you are completely right. I have been less than communicative, and I have no one to blame but myself.

My apologies again for recent posting rate - I'm looking for work and trying to move, so don't get more than a few minutes here and there free. I'm not trying to neglect this game, it just happens by accident.

Looking back at my behavior over this game, I see alot of my disbelief/surprise/displeasure with the way certain things were done generated passive-aggressive resentment rather than open communication seeking cooperative conflict resolution. Again, I can only apologize; though I will try to be more clear in the future.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Walk to J6.
Standard Action: Perform First Aid on Gloom, so he can use his Second Wind as a free action.
Minor Action: Healing Word on Thorne.
Explanation: Minharath is built to do large amounts of healing, unfortunately he has only a few ways to do this at the moment. So, I'm using what's at hand. Please feel free to look over my sheet and make tactical suggestions. I'd very much appreciate it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ozymandias79

First Post
OOC: @Tomalak , suggestion: use your second first then walk to Thorn, as Minharath will provoke an OA from the swarm when he walks away from it and Gloom has moved away from K6, you can have your heal check add 2 to one of his save check making it a success barely as he rolled an 8 with the +2 from you he passes this provided you uses your AP to do Heal check on Thorne and not Gloom and you uses the healing word on Gloom and not Thorne

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=Tomalak]
Part of that is my fault, starting with the assumption that Kalashtar will transalate draconic in that encounter with lizardmen. I will look over the priest and p0oint you toward Venakhad which is built to keep the party on it's feet without pacifist feat by generating temp hps and providing saves while having protective powers...

I sincerely apologize if I spoiled part of the game for you, it was not my intention by any means.
[/sblock]

[MENTION=84172]Tomalak[/MENTION], you can use that same First Aid to grant saving throw instead and let him use his standard to heal if he wants...

Martelai tries to cover his retreat by calling dire radiance from the heaven, but as before, deep caves are not good place to do so. He calls down shaft of brilliant light that illuminates the queen briefly, but fades without any apparent effect. Still, the light swirls around the warlock as he moves away, burning away the acid and concealing him in bright stripes of light.

[sblock=Actions]
Start: 5 acid damage
Standard: Dire Radiance vs Queen's Fort; radiant damage; curse; extra radiant damage (1d20+5+1=12, 1d6+4=8, 1d6=4, 1d6+4=8) -miss
Move: F8, gain concealment
Save: Save vs acid and weakness (1d20+6=26) - WHAT A WASTE! both of Fate bonus and missed attack :(
[/sblock]

[sblock=Martelai Stats]
AC: 17 Fort: 15 Reflex: 16 Will: 17
HP: 26/38 Surges: 5/9 Surge Value: 9

FEATS
Level 1: Sacrifice to Caiphon
Level 2: Improved Fate of the Void

POWERS
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance

Dilettante: Cutting Words
Cursebite
Ethereal Stride
Second Wind
Delban's Deadly Attention

Blackleaf Gloves Teleport

Decree of Khirad

Elixir of Will
[/sblock]

"I told you! Spread out!"

[sblock=Leonard Actions]
Move: G12
Standard: Deft Strike vs Queens AC; damage; sneak attack if applicable (1d20+8=26, 1d4+5=8, 2d6=5) - shift to G10, slide the queen J10-K11
Minor: Draw dagger 4/10
[/sblock]

[sblock=Leonard Ogglebottom, Human rogue level 1]
Hit Points:20, Surge Value:5, Surges per day:1
AC:16, Fort: 12, Reflex: 17, Will: 13
Skills: Thievery +9, Stealth +9

Class Features:
First Strike = at the start of the encounter you have combat advantage against any creature that has not acted yet.
Sneak attack = deal +2d6 damage against creatures you have combat advantage against.

Powers:
At Will = Deft Strike; melee or ranged 5/10; +8 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage. Can shift 2 squares before the attack.
Encounter = Shadow Strike; melee or ranged 5/10; +8 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage. If you are hidden when you make the attack make a stealth check to remain hidden after the attack.
Daily = Trick Strike; melee or ranged 5/10; +8 vs AC, 3d4+4 damage & you slide the target 1 square. Effect: Until the end of the encounter each time you hit you can slide the target 1 square.

Equipment:
Leather Armor
10 Daggers
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ozymandias79

First Post
Zharne blast the swarm once more then cautiously moves away from it

[sblock=Action Details]
Standard Action:Swarming Locust@G6-I6;G4-I4(hit reflex 18 for 10 damage, The blast creates a zone of swarming locusts that lasts until the end of your next turn. While within the zone, enemies grant combat advantage.)
Move Action:Shift to I8
Minor Action:N/A
[/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] , NOW blast that thing, at least let Lenard attack swarm now with CA

Tomalak

First Post
DM - I'd like to alter my actions above, according to the advice posted by other players, if that's okay with you.
[sblock=Neurotic]I'd like to point out that Venekhad is level 4. My trouble is not (at least, in my opinion), how I built the character, but that a level 2 character does not have enough powers available to him to heal 6 characters (I think there's six of us, right?) Given another level or two, I'll likely be fine - but I'm not used to playing characters at a level this low - it's unfamiliar ground for me.[/sblock]

Last edited:

RedBeardJim

First Post
OOC: Sorry for the delay, everyone. Things have a bit crazy here the past few days. I'm going to assume that Leonard's attack hit and moved the queen, and plan my movements accordingly.

Gellan notes the queen's movement and dashes forward to match her, slashing heavily at the creature's legs. He then skips away, grimacing at the effects of her foul breath.

[sblock=Actions]Start of turn: Take 5 acid damage.
Standard: Attack queen with Pressing Strike, shifting to K-9 before the attack. Hits AC 21 for 7 damage thanks to Weakened, and the queen is pushed 1 square east on a hit.
Move: Walk to F-10. If the attack missed and the queen was not pushed, it gets an OA (Gellan has a +2 racial AC bonus vs. OAs).
End of turn: Save vs. ongoing acid/weakened: 9=failed.[/sblock]
[sblock="Mini stat"]Gellan Bonesaw - Level 2 Halfling Barbarian
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Initiative: +4 Senses: Normal
AC: 19, Fortitude: 17, Reflex: 15, Will: 12 -- Speed: 6, Size: Small
HP: 17/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges left 4/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers -
Pressing Strike, Whirling Rend
Second Chance, Whirling Lunge, Hunter's Quarry
Combat Sprint, Whirling Frenzy

Swift Panther Rage[/sblock]

Remove ads