[Adventrue] Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks II: The Mysterious Imlach Island

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ahem!?

[sblock=DM]
[MENTION=55230]DMDanW[/MENTION], I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, but can we wrap this up for real?

This is my first character and it's currently the lowest level one...even my third leveled up to 4th by now. I know real life can get busy, but better hand it over to the judge to finish then finishing up 1 round of combat in two weeks or more.

Sorry for the rant :(
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
You are absolutely correct Neurotic, and I hope that you all accept my apology for my lack of posting the last few months. I will post a wrap up soon - I just need to figure out the rewards - and then you can all move on to other adventures.

Last edited:

Neurotic

It happens and it's not a big deal. It's just that you're posting just enough NOt to be taken over :) And it's getting really slow. I'm sorry if I come off as a bore.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I must tell it seems general for me. DMDawn is not very active. Voda Vosa is not much more active and I'm playing in 2 of his game. Renau1g is not active for a month and might be inactive for 2 more weeks and I have two characters in his adventures. My last character is in a game under KarinsDad and we are playing a round per two weeks... Everything is in slowmotion at the moment for me :( [/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]You can't because real life make at some times, you would be able to post every day and at other moment, only once a week. And when you are DM, it is even harder, as a single post can ask more than 1 hour to make.

I have been mastering Path of Light and I am about to continue with Path of Cold, and they are not my first adventure either as a DM, so I am aware of the job of a DM.

[MENTION=6153]DM[/MENTION]Dawn: By the way, I don't complain about your post rate, it just that everything seems slow at the moment, myself included.[/SBLOCK]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I noticed that Thorn did not take his turn, so I will use that to my advantage to wrap up this adventure.
[/sblock]

Gellan hisses as the queen's caustic secretions burn through to his skin. "Enough of this!" he roars as he dashes around the monster, thrusting his tan'gat into its flank. A feral light shines in his eyes as his blow strikes home, and new strength flows into his muscles.

Zharne makes a short hop and then unleashes a torrent of claw and teeth in a frenzy, drawing forth a shriek of pain from the kruthik queen.

Leonard gasps at the attack and retreats, trying to clean off the acid. He does it expertly and quickly, but he's still dangerously hurt.

Martelai moves after the boy, getting out of the swarm and calling another shaft of light from the hidden heavens, blasting the swarm apart, with the few survivors scurrying away.

Minharath utters a prayer and moves back beside Leonard, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder, helping steady him.

Gloom receive the acid in the face. Blinded a moment as he swings his sword, he miss the queen. He then suddenly feels the acid dissipate. "Lauto would like to have your soul, beast. He need something to guard some souls!"

Thorn takes a step around Gloom and faces the queen head on. The queen lifts it head slightly in an action thorn recognizes as preparation for another spray of the caustic mist. Not wanting to experience that yet again he thrusts his spear forward, putting all of his strength behind it. The spear finds its mark, striking the beast in it's mouth, blasting through the back of it's skull.

The beast collapses in a heap, and as it does, the remaining freshly hatched swarm dissipates, the creatures scattered by the death of it's queen.

An eerie silence fills the air as the dust settles, your own heavy breathing echoing loudly throughout the tunnels. Soon though you hear another sound, that of someone struggling to free themselves of their bonds. Making your way over to one of the larger alcoves lining the side of the chamber you can see a some men trapped in a crust-like substance holding them against the wall. Some of the men are obviously dead, their chest cavities clearly torn open, internal organs missing. One other man appears to be alive, barely though, and is feebly struggling to free himself.

"Uncle Thom", Leonard shouts, and he rushes over and tries to free the trapped man.

With some help you are able to free the man, who is indeed Thom Ogglebottom, and although beaten and on the brink of death, he is alive.

He explains how he and his group were captured by the kruthik and were being stored here by the queen. Some walking dead came by a few days ago and took half of the men with them, somehow the kruthik seemed to know their intentions and even assisted them with handing over the prisoners.

Upon closer inspection of the Queens body, Zharne and Gellan notice something very odd. Implanted in the creatures forehead is a large crystal, laced with fine silver threads & etched with strange symbols.

As Zharne and Gellan examine the body of the Queen, Thorn and Gloom check some of the other side tunnels and alcoves, ensure none of the creatures are returning. In one of the alcoves in the section that appears to be of worked stone construction you notice that what once used to be a hidden door is now partially revealed. Putting their strength behind them, Gloom and Thorn push their way through to reveal an ancient cache of coins and treasures, left behind here ages past from whoever built these underground ruins.

Collecting up their newly found rewards, as well as Thom Ogglebottom the group leaves the kruthik hive and makes their way back to town.

[sblock= The End?]
OK so I have wrapped up the adventure earlier than my original plans, but those original plans did not include the fact I would have very little free time for pbp. I hope you do not mind the rushed cinematic ending, but Iam sure that more than a few of you would like to get your characters into games that post more than twice a month.

I did originally plan to have this group continue on to investigate the continuing mystery that is Imlach Island, but I must apologize that as of right now I cannot. I feel bad about the amount of time I can give to the game right now, and until I can once again find that time, I will be stepping back for a while.

Hopefully one day a group of adventurers can pick up the quest to solve the remaining mysteries of Imlach Island.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rewards]
Ok so I am calculating out the rewards now and hopefully will have that finished soon. If your characters have a wish list on their character wiki page I am trying to use that. If there are other things on your wish list now please let me know and I will try and incorporate it.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

No worries, you can always return when you get the time...and make the mystery higher level so the same team can reassemble :) ScorpiusRisk had the same problem and he's back now after few months...so...take care!

My only true wish list item is Armor of Dark Majesty preferably of Kruthik Queen shell, but I can live with whatever you throw my way. More interesting that way :)

Remove ads