[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

jbear

First Post
GM: So, you're going to have to decide on what your next step is going to be from here as a group.

a) Go and have a drink with Robin & Co. and talk before deciding
b) Agree to help Robin cause some mischief
c) Go and see Uma
d) Do something else (I am happy to go off script if that is where you want to take things :) )

Neil1889

First Post
Looking at Gray, Rain raises a hidden eybrow under her overhanging fringe, "You missed an invitation to a drink with Robin's folk in yonder glade and the establishment of a moral quandry in the way of our objectives by the same. I wouldn't be surprised if these fae played these games of one-upmanship on each other all of the time, with or without the influence Soryth," said Rain softly. "Whatever we do, we'll still likely need those keys and I have a feeling that Uma or another may well also have some mischief for us in mind when she meets us. It appears to be Robin with whom we must deal with, not Ragnar for the moment."

Rain takes a deep breath and continues on, "Let us have the drink, if for nothing else, then for at least politeness sake and also re-enquire of our hosts of what they know about and the whereabouts of these unicorns. Maybe we can divine what Robin's or Ragnar's particular interest is in them through the other fae that are up there. Perhaps if the unicorns can be convinced to come this way by us, then they can be convinced or encouraged to go back again later," Robin sounded dubious of her own logic at this point.

"I don't like it, but we should also see how things lie within Uma's camp in the interim. However, something Robin said when he made his proposal makes me wonder if the unicorns have knowledge of part of the key; Robin's folk did attack Soryth at some point and it appears to have been a failure."

OOC: Yeah, so with some alignment troubles aside, choice a) and a bit more fact finding. It's worth checking the unicorns out anyway.

Gray hears Rain's report and understands the gist of what she is saying, though some of the words were unknown to him or were a bit over his head. "A drink to learn more...then we choose if we help or not? That is a good plan."

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
As they started toward the glade, Sabynha pointed out, "We don't need to anger anyone; we hear them out and decide for ourselves. They can't force our hand..."

She trailed off, remembering tales of fey tricks and magic which suggested that they certainly *could* force us to do their will, and that it might seem a grand game to them. To say nothing of what they all saw Soryth do to poor Fiddlesticks the day before. She thought it best not to tell such tales at the moment, nor dwell on the events of yesterday.

jbear

First Post
You enter the glen and almost simultaneously the satyr's and wilden sitting about raise their drinking horns and greet your entrance with a cheer. All of them are smiling except the large, scarred satyr whose report of a spy drew Robin away from your initial conversation. He acknowledges your presence but continues to pace the perimeter of the glade with his spear in hand, as though he were expecting an attack. A few begin pouring mead for the group from the large wooden kegs nestled beneath one of the trees, which they bring over and offer to the group. "That'll wet your whistle!" one exclaims with a grin. "Welcome!" Robin calls to you. "Come, be seated! Relax and take a weight off for a while! Tell us your tale if you will. We have grown tired of Urik's bleeting and Farahn's weary jokes!"

Gray walks into the glen with the others and smirks to himself, knowing full well that unless the nervous satyr was very familiar with Hengeyokai, there was practically no way he could know that the tiny fox "spy" was actually him. Now that he was in humanoid form, he felt no danger at all that he could be discovered (at least not from him. Robyn on the other hand... well, that one was smart...he'd have to be careful not to steer the conversation in the direction of the "spy").

"Well now, if you are wanting a tale... I think our friend Sabynha here could give you quite a tale...with music too! You should see that one play her violin!"

jbear

First Post
The news that a bard has stepped amongst them is met with a cheer. The satyrs begin to urge Sabynha to play for them. Robin smiles and gives her a nod, a twinkle in his eye and perhaps a fleeting flash of respect ripples across the satyr's features which he swiftly buries in a long draft from his drinking horn. All eyes are on her, except from the grizzled veteran who snorts and continues his stalking.

Remove ads