[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

jbear

First Post
Robin responds with a similarly mercurial laugh.

"Oh, no harm done, lass. I can't imagine where you would have heard such a ghastly insult of mighty Ragnar, but you should avoid the company of such ill mouthed folk."

As Gray meanders off the Satyr inquires lazily: "Have I bored you all ready, friend? Leaving so soon?"

It seems the satyr is not so dim witted as he might initially appear. His eyes never left Sabynha, but the remark is clearly directed at Gray. The amusement in the satyr's eye hardens.

"Oh, that is a shame about your secret. It is also a shame that the trees have leaves everywhere, so going elsewhere would be pointless. But that is okay. The day is young, and the drinking only just begun. I'll tell you what. You keep your secret and I'll keep mine. There, problem solved."

He winks at Sabynha and takes another long draft of his drink. Wiping the froth from his face he adds. "So... do you want to see Ragnar, or have you changed your mind?"

GM: Sabynha and Gray will have to Bluff if they want to follow this line any further. As Wat was advised of Gray's plans, his body language can confirm the satyr's suspicions so he'll need to make a Bluff DC 11 or Gray and Sabynha suffer a -2 penalty to their rolls.

Sorry, you are dealing with quite a sharp character here, despite his outward appearance, something the PCs now begin to gauge.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Stymied by this obviously sharp-witted fellow, she relents, "I guess our secrets will stay that way for now then. In the meantime, we do wish to see Ragnar."

Sabynha glances around at her friends to gauge their reaction to this, then continues, "But we don't wish to gain favour with Ragnar by angering Uma, for we will need her help as well, in order to put that witch Soryth in her place."

It was a gamble, but she hoped that letting the name of their enemy slip would endear this fellow to their cause.

Neil1889

First Post
Sabynha glances around at her friends to gauge their reaction to this, then continues, "But we don't wish to gain favour with Ragnar by angering Uma, for we will need her help as well, in order to put that witch Soryth in her place."

Rain, who'd fallen silent whilst Sabynha talked to the satyr (and somewhat uneasy about the tone of the conversation), piped up again after Sabynha had finished, "Robin, I am called Rain. I agree with what my companion said there; we will likely need to talk to Uma later. Soryth stands against us, having made the life of those we seek to rescue from her power miserable. I am sure she has done the latter in the past for many others...or indeed worse."

jbear

First Post
"Ah, a name! And one of a fine looking lass indeed at that!" Robin replies to Rain, rubbing one of his horns with a grin.

"I begin to see the predicament. But perhaps the solution lies in the mischief making itself! For one, Uma would never need know you were involved. And my lips are sealed that you now made mention of seeking Uma's favour. With the hag involved, it is comprehended, forgiven, forgotten and no hard feelings kept. Ragnar need never know."

He turns his attention back to Sabynha. "But if it is Ragnar's favour you seek, I have told you the way. But let me explain. Perhaps in the explaining you will find your own solution to this bind we find ourselves in, and we can help each other to help ourselves help each other.

You see, Uma has befriended two young unicorns. The beasts don't trust us, but ... with your help, we can bring them over to Ragnar's side. Then Ragnar and Uma might even make peace, and we can get back to good work and fell deeds. See, the unicorns didn't go with us when we attacked the hag. They might even know something we've forgotten. The mischief is a minor thing, and a thing for the greater good. Will you do it?"

As Gray wanders away (but is caught doing so by Robin) he does the one dance that all children learn by the age of three...the pee pee dance!

"Sorry! You are not making me bored... I just have to relieve myself! Be just around the bend!"

OOC: Bluff: 27
OOC:

jbear

First Post
Robin, getting into his stride now, pays no further attention to Gray. He is free to do his scouting in fox form.

The only comment Robin says with regard to the young monk's leaving is "I hope your friend doesn't wander too far to find a private spot to empty his bladder. I'd hate for him to get himself hurt accidently."

Gray however does not catch the comment. When he is far enough away he is free to change into a fox and do his scouting. He can hear the noise of more satyrs drinking and laughing a short distance beyond the spot where Robin stopped the group.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat took a moment to study the situation. He kept his focus on the satyr. For some reason he didn't quite trust this creature, but he couldn't, for the moment put a finger on why.

Whenever Robin addresses Sabynha, he keeps a keen ear open for shifts in body or change in voice.

Bluff (1d20+2=15)
Insight (1d20+7=22)
Nature (1d20+5=24)

OOC: Was a bit busy yesterday, but here are some rolls to try to get some more information. Bluff as requested, Insight to read the satyr, and Nature to recall some information about these creatures.

jbear

First Post
Wat keeps his cool, giving nothing away with his body language. Meanwhile he tries to get a read on the satyr, a creature he knows quite a fair amount about.

[sblock= Satyrs ]Satyrs are driven by curiosity and hedonism in equal measure. They have a natural sense of wonder regarding the world around them and the creatures with which they share that world. They all have a burning desire to see, touch, and know more. Satyrs exercise great caution in their exploration. They seek to satisfy their curiosity through the spread of stories and songs. Most satyrs are proficient with at least one musical instrument.

A satyr will take risks, but those risks are typically measured against his preparation and cunning. When meeting new creatures, satyrs are cautious to the point of outright suspicion. When new people have proven themselves trustworthy, a satyr becomes a dedicated and relentless ally.

Satyrs allow no opportunity for revelry to pass them by. However, despite their love of wine, song, dance, and stories, satyrs are rarely reckless in their hedonism. In the midst of a celebration, a satyr maintains an awareness for danger, and he ensures that his revels do not cause the creatures he cares about to come to harm. [/sblock]

He senses that the satyr is completely aware of what is going on and he is assessing whether the group is a potential threat, despite the rather round-a-bout nature of the conversation.

Suddenly Wat has a sickening feeling of worry grow in his gut as he thinks about Gray and the possibility of him being discovered, and his actions misinterpreted.

Having bluffed his way into watering a tree without suspicion, and transforming himself into his tiny fox form, Gray slowly makes his way from tree to tree, from bush to bush, and when those weren't available, between any deep shadows he could think of. He kept at this until he made his way into the camp, and hoping not to have been seen at this point, he looks around the camp, attempting to spot any obvious locations where the key might have been kept. If he can find Ragnar's tent or personal area, he'll start his search there... if he can manage to get there.

OOC: Nature's Mask Bluff: 33 (reproduced DC from earlier). Stealth: 26. Perception: 11

jbear

First Post
Skirting through the trees in fox form Gray pierces the area where a group of satyr and a few wilden are sitting about drinking mead. They are talking and laughing though more quietly now, as though they were listening to the conversation taking place between Robin and the rest of the group. The glen is a sunny spot next to a babbling brook with several smooth boulders which some of the satyrs are lolling about on.

You can not tell if any of them are Ragnar, nor can you see any signs of a tent, nor anything that resembles a key though there are oak trees all about.

Suddenly one of the wilden fix their eyes upon you. It is clear it sees a fox and nothing more, however its eyes narrow in a way that makes you think that a fox is not such a common creature to see in these woods and you have captured its attention.

Last edited:

Remove ads