[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat nods at Gray's suggestion.

I don't think it really matters where we start, since we will have to find all of them eventually. If you have a preference, then I don't see any reason to oppose it.

Neil1889

First Post
"I think we should go to Ragnar first, where the oaks grow."

[sblock=History check]16[/sblock]

Rain thanks Master Rhymer for his gift.

"I agree with Gray; from what I recall, he's the nearer of the two," says Rain softly, as she relocates the coins from her belt pouch into her pack. Then, after pouring into the same hard leather pouch a little water from her 'skin, she transplants the shamrock into it instead.

jbear

First Post
The next morning, after what is a fairly comfortable night's sleep given the fact the beds were so short, you emerge from the leprechauns' Hollow into the forest which is once again bathed in warm sunlight. Leprechauns gather to watch you depart, giggling, laughing and waving with well wishes and rude jokes which fade behind you into the morning air.

It does not take you long to spot tracks from Soryth's clawfooted fey minions, as they can be seen all over the area. The leprechauns hid you well, it seems.

The morning light brightens as you move toward Ragnar's camp. A lively melody played on wood pipes seems to guide you from afar. The smell of a campfire and roasting meat floats on the breeze. Pipe music and sounds of song continue, a chorus of raucous laughter interrupting it occasionally.

Your path follows the contour of a narrow rise beyond which lies a glen where several satyrs and wilden feast and play. Posts flank the path leading into the glen, their tops wrought with wooden faces comprised of carved oak leaves. You can see that all of the trees in this area are in fact oak trees.

From the edge of the glen, a satyr staggers forward, holding a flagon brimming with drink. "Newcomers!" he cheers, "Welcome!"

Neil1889

First Post
Rain bows, "Good morning to you. We are travellers from afar who seek the counsel and aid of Ragnar to help us overcome a foe who opposes us in our quest."

jbear

First Post
The satyr lets out a loud burp and rubs his hairy belly.

"A good morning it is, travellers from afar. you're here to see ol' Ragnuts, aye? The trouble is, friends, that Ragnar isn't the trusty sort. How's he to know you aren't in cahoots with that dryad witch and here to cause trouble? I know I'd trust you, of course. I can see it in your faces what trustly folk you are. But Ragnar'll have my hooves if I just dance you into his camp, simple as that."

He rubs his small goatee in mock thoughtfulness before his face blooms with a cheeky grin.

"Tell you what. Cause some mischief with me. Vex Uma. I'll have a tale to tell old Ragnar, and you'll have his favor.

What do you say?"

The satyr awaits your reply, a glint in its eye, taking another loooong draft of his drink.

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha speaks up, "Since you trust us, I feel that I should tell you something... important."

She waits to see if her hint piques the satyr's interest, "But, you must be able to keep a secret. Can we trust you? Most especially, can we trust you not to tell, ahem, 'Ol Ragnuts'?"

Sabynha wasn't sure this was going to work, but she didn't particularly like the idea of angering one patron to gain the favour with another, particularly since they needed to curry favour from both.

jbear

First Post
The satyr bursts into a belly laugh and spills his drink all down his hairy chest. "Ahahaha ... Ol' Ragnuts ... How he hates to be called that! The last person he heard call him that had his arm torn clean off! Ahahaha! Careful what you say and to whom around here!"

He leans in to a conspiratorial whisper "The trees around here have leaves! So shhhhhh! Now, tell me this secret of yours and I'll tell you one of mine own. You can trust Ol' Robin to be trusted in as many things as he can be trusted for, you can trust on that." He sets back into his drinking, staring at Sabynha intently.

Gray, not usually one to be subtle, can see that Sabynha has the "face" role covered nicely in this situation, and decides to do a bit of scouting of "Ol' Ragnuts'" camp. He signaled Wat with a bob of his head to let him know where he was going. Since they were in a place of high nature, he figured that the presence of animals should not be uncommon (in fact, he thought it would be quite the opposite). As such, while Sabynha had the Satyr's attention (what with the conspiracy talks), Gray meandered off behind some trees, hoping not to be spotted by the Satyr or the rest of his camp, and transforms himself into his tiny fox form. Moving away from the group, he circles a little way around the Satyr's camp (so that he was not entering from the same angle as the group) and slowly makes his way through the trees, hoping to find a way inside for a look-see. The group couldn't really afford to piss off the Dryad to make good with Ragnar, but if he could find the key and steal it...then they could just make good with Uma and be done with the two of them all together!

OOC: Insight check to determine that Gray is not a natural fox: 33

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
The vistani begins with a mercurial laugh, "Well of course I would never dream of uttering such a thing to his face, dear Robin. Fetching name, by the way; it suits you, I think."

She pauses, and looks around with paranoid eyes, "If it is true and the trees have... leaves... then I can't possibly tell you our secrets here. We will have to go somewhere much more secure for that."

She really hoped that this ruse would work, because the only "secret" she truly had was that she had no intent on angering both fey keyholders.

Remove ads