[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Gray, in his tiny fox form, circles about Sabynha's legs, rubbing against them much like one would see with a domestic cat, until she picked him up. When she finally does pick him up, he nuzzles her for a few seconds (likely to the annoyance of Wat) and then turns upon the unicorns with a look that says "Please help us!"

puss-in-boots-star-eyes.jpg

jbear

First Post
GM: Neil: Fair enough. I have reread what I wrote and it wasn't clear enough. Just edit Rain's post with a description of what she is physically doing and add a Diplomacy check with Sabynha's +3 bonus

Zuri is level 2 (1/2 level bonus not included in old sheet yet; I will sort that out soon somehow) and can speak elven; she also benefits from Sabynha's +3 bonus so 15+2+1+3+2= Diplomacy 23. She beats the DC by 10 so provides Sabynha with a +2 bonus on her check.

CFW: I laughed. I can't xp you. Make your diplomacy roll with a +2 'I laughed bonus'.

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
GM: Neil: Fair enough. I have reread what I wrote and it wasn't clear enough. Just edit Rain's post with a description of what she is physically doing and add a Diplomacy check with Sabynha's +3 bonus

OOC: Cool, I'll add a bit below:

Zuri starts to step forwards with the others, though seeing Rain hanging back, she pulls her sleeve and indicates with a nod of her head for Rain to follow...

'Encouraged' by Zuri, Rain followed, but now she made sure that she was in their line of sight as she approached the unicorns. She tried not to stare and kept her body tilted slightly to one side and facing slightly away from the creatures. Softly she call out in Allarian, "Peace be with you. We are deeply sorry to disturb your rest, but as my companions will tell you, we are sorely in need of your help."

Rain halted once more and slowly turned her body to face the creatures.

[sblock=Diplomacy roll]Rain's Diplomacy attempt with the unicorns, skill +3, with +3 bonus from Sabynha. Total = 25.[/sblock]

The tiny fox's eyes seem to open a portal into space, mesmerizing the unicorns with the twinkling of stars, even though it was a bright sunny day in the meadows of Arcadia. Perhaps it was Grays natural charismatic charm, or some latent psionic tappings into the emotional arts of those called Ardents, but the tiny fox was as cute, loveable, and pitiable as he could possibly be at that moment.

OOC: Awesome! Never had an 'I laughed' bonus before! Gray's Diplomacy roll: CRIT for 27!!

jbear

First Post
GM: Both Rain and Gray provide Sabynha with a +2 bonus (having beaten DC by 10) for total of +6 lowering the DC for success from 20 to 14

Sabynha has a +12 to Diplomacy +2 from Inspire Competence and +2 speaking in Elven means she has +16 to her roll = Failure is impossible.
[MENTION=98255]Nemesis Destiny[/MENTION] Feel free to chime in with Sabynha's turn; Don't bother rolling. But I would like to know what Sabynha does as the 'how' may affect the way the unicorns react.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
"Sabynha is my name, and these are my friends; Wat, Rain, Zuri, and Gray," speaking in Elven still, and indicating her companions one at a time, including the fox that she'd scooped up from the ground and was now allowing to perch on her shoulder like a fox-boa.

She stops her advance when the unicorn speaks, then continues, "What my friends say is truth; we have the best interest of this land at heart in opposing Soryth, but we need your help to succeed."

After a brief pause, she adds, "and in the spirit of full disclosure, I shall also tell you that we have our own reasons as well; we are agents of the place beyond the crystal cave, coming to retrieve two wayward souls. They are lovers from opposing factions, and our success here will allow us to avert a war."

While she speaks, her gestures are open, and her voice is touched with emotion.

jbear

First Post
The aggressive unicorn throws its mane and snorts as it dances a few steps backwards as the group takes a few steps forwards.

[sblock=Elven] "Agents from beyond the Crystal Cave? Aliens who speak of lost souls and mending vying hearts!" [/sblock]The glade ripples with the mercurial laughter of the magnificent beast that suddenly rears before you.

[sblock=Elven] "You are no danger that is clear. But what you are is unclear! If you are truly from beyond this world then prove it! Show me the wonders of your lands, strangers!" [/sblock]

The unicorns stamps both of its forelegs, and while the gesture is still challenging the aggression seems to have been replaced by a youthful playfulness.
GM: Small Unicorn: Convinced you are no danger;
Larger Unicorn: Convinced you are no danger; 2/4 successes 0 failures
To Do: Manage to impress both unicorns or approach their sides somehow
Please Describe how your PC responds or what they are doing; I will ask for rolls as necessary
Depending on how assertive/grande the actions you take are, your role will either be primary or secondary;
Simply hanging back is likely to leave the unicorns unimpressed.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat didn't like being challenged. No priest of Joven really did. It tended to stir the divine ire of their god within them.

"Very well..." Wat states, not really waiting for Sabynha to translate. Either this would convince them or undo everything.

The tone of his voice changes echoing with power as he begins to chant the powerful syllables of the Elemental tongue.

"SKY FATHER! LORD MOST HIGH! GATHER THE STORM OF YOUR IRE AND CALL DOWN YOUR JUDGEMENT UPON THIS LAND!"

Wat raises his staff to the sky and calls down Joven's Thunder of Judgement. The staff pulses with power and a bolt of lightning strikes a pile of stones scattering it nearly ten yards away. A second pulse strikes a small tree, splintering it. A third unearths a bush right behind the two unicorns, unearthing it.

Wat then eyes the larger unicorn without so much as another word.

OOC: I'm using one of my most violent divine powers (thunder damage and a big push effect), figuring that the show of power is impressive and that divine magic probably isn't as common as other types here. Of course this only works if you allow the prayer to target objects, which according to the core rules requires DM discretion but I figured it was a pretty cool effect and wasn't really exploiting any mechanic.

Of course this also depends upon Sabynha translating the unicorn's response.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
GM: That's absolutely fine. Make either 3 attack rolls and keep the highest or make a Religion roll with a +2 bonus

OOC: [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] With the new background in white what would you think about altering Wat's colour from the yellow which is very hard to read?

Remove ads