[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: @Son of Meepo With the new background in white what would you think about altering Wat's colour from the yellow which is very hard to read?

OOC: I've set mine to the dark grey alternative which I prefer, so Wat's dialogue ain't a problem for me. If you go into General Settings for the User Control panel, under Forum Skin, select --Legacy.

Neil1889

First Post
Rain is surprised by the violence of Wat’s show, even after Sabynha’s hasty explanation.

Seeing that the bark on the small tree that Wat had blasted is still alight, Rain moves over to smother the flames with her hands.

OOC: Perhaps Rain's action may invite a question from the unicorns about what and who she is?

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Zuri moves behind Wat just after his impressive display of magic.

She tries to deftly borrow Wat's amulet from around his neck with the honest intention of handing it back to him straight away, but her hands fumble at the clasp when Wat moves forwards and the chain goes tight.

[sblock=Thievery attempt]Pick pocket attempt - Total = 15. Fails.[/sblock]

"Ack, sorry Wat, that should have honestly gone smoother." She makes a double open hand gesture of apology to Wat in the Eladrin tongue.

"But see Unicorns, how powerful my companion is even here. Soryth is going to get a real shock when she meets him again and we'll be there to help."

[sblock=Bluff attempt]Bluff attempt - Total = 24. Zuri's bluff attempt - nothing to see here, don't mind me, isn't Wat just great?[/sblock]

OOC: Not a great time to roll a five. Sorry folks - that was an abortive magic show attempt. Hopefully the bluff will cover some of the damage.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
OOC: Sooooooo sorry for the delays folks, I stopped getting post notifications for some reason, even after the crash. My apologies.

Sabynha glances to Rain with a twinkle in her eye and a smirk on her face that by now tells the tiefling that she had an idea, "psst, Rain! Can you create for me some illusory opponents to go with my dance of blades?"

[sblock=intentions, actions, rolling]My intention is to put on a display, while singing in vistani. I was hoping to have Rain use an arcana roll to make some illusory opponents for Sabynha to "fight". Perhaps even Gray can join in.

What should I be rolling to make this happen?

Failing that, I could just play them a song, I suppose.[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
Sabynha glances to Rain with a twinkle in her eye and a smirk on her face that by now tells the tiefling that she had an idea, "psst, Rain! Can you create for me some illusory opponents to go with my dance of blades?".[/sblock]

Rain seemed pre-occupied beating out the flames, but she responded, "Not my style. You could practice against me if you like?"

OOC: Rain could just go full defence and we assume you are tagging and not doing damage? It'd be AC 23.

jbear

First Post
As the echo from Wat's thunderous bolts echo loudly throughout the glade, the small unicorn is startled. She disappears and reappears a few feet further away where it rears up with glee. "Wonderful!" she exclaims loudly in the common tongue. The other unicorn stands its ground with a snort, a lance of energy crackling around the horn upon its forehead.

"That power is not your own. You call upon the strength of another" snorts the larger unicorn with obvious disdain. A mocking laughter ripples through the glade as Zuri fumbles with Soryth's blood stone. The theft seemed assured until Wat wisely swats the rogue's hand away from his staff where the bloodstone is affixed, warning her of the possible danger of the untrained handling it might have. The male seems decidedly unimpressed by the exchange until Rain's smothering of the flames with her bare hands catches its attention. "What marvellous creature is this?" he wonders allowed also switching to the common tongue, clearly showing interest in the tiefling.

GM: Small Unicorn: Convinced you are no threat; Impressed by Wat's show of Divine Power
Larger unicorn: Convinced you are no threat; Unimpressed by Divine Power and Zuri's fumbling: Intrigued by Rain
3/4 Successes; 1/3 Failures

Dance idea: I Love it. Go for it! Except the Unicorn is watching Rain, not Sabynha. So let's do this: Rain participates in the dance unwittingly the centre of attention, showing her defensive arcane prowess with her Arcane Shielding Ward.

Mechanics: Sabynha makes 5 attack rolls vs Rain in Full Defense. So Sabynha needs 24 to hit (Pulling her strikes will not be impressive; going full out and being stopped will). Rain needs to block her 3 out of the 5 times to succeed (Sabynha needs to miss 3 times); If Sabynha hits, Rain can use an Arcana roll (with a +2 bonus for putting out the fire with her hands) as an Interrupt to block the attack. She can do this once for free. Further blocks will require expending an encounter power.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
"Very well Rain, I will, but the dance is hard to do and it will be difficult for me to hold back; may you defend yourself well." Sabynha removes her magical bracelets and takes a deep breath. She begins to hum and then sing while increasing the speed of her dance, making circles around Rain.

Then, with little warning, she draws her sword and charges toward her dance partner with a twirling flourish. It looked good but clearly Rain had been paying attention to the vistani's moves previously, and she was able to sidestep the charge.

Undeterred, Sabynha let her momentum carry her past Rain and into the path of the tree that had recently been on fire. She kicked off the trunk, lunging back toward Rain in a move that, this time, surprised her. Sabynha winced as she cut past her friend's defences. The attack should have been enough to leave a thin, red line on the tiefling's skin, but somehow it did not.

The fury of the dance only served to refocus Rain's defensive magic and skillful parries, even as Sabynha reversed the direction of her dance to try for another surprise manoeuvre. Rain was ready, and her magical ward repelled the dancing assault and its rain of blows again with little difficulty. Sabynha followed up with an overhead slicing cartwheel; impressive-looking, but easily dodged. Against an ill-prepared foe, it might have been fatal.

Recovering from the missed swing by going into a dive-roll tumble, she sprang to her feet and reversed into another flat-out charge, one which punched through Rain's magical ward and brought the curved vistani blade dangerously close to her neck. The tiefling managed to bring her sword up just in the nick of time, and planted her left foot for stability, before shoving Sabynha away with great force. The lithe dancer used this shove to end the dance; she grabbed Rain's arm with her buckler hand, and flung her. The two dance partners spiralled apart like autumn leaves caught in a breeze.

Panting, Sabynha bowed to her partner, and smiled, "You dance well."

With that, she buckled her bracers back on, and looked to the unicorns for their reaction.
[sblock=dancing results]
1d20+8=11, 1d20+8=26, 1d20+8=19, 1d20+8=13, 1d20+8=22[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
GM: I'm going to give Neil1889 a chance to have Rain block the one strike that hit with the Arcana interrupt and then I will reply, but the Unicorn is suitably impressed :)

Remove ads